StarCraft® II

Battle.net login issues

Though I'm not certain where exactly to post this, I'm unfortunately rather limited in where I'm actually able to post it. So here goes...

As of today, at least for the past 9 hours or so, I've been unable to successfully log in to my Battle.net account on both the WoW and Diablo III forums - only the SC2 forums are working. Both WoW and D3 present a "An error has occurred. Please try again." message, preventing me from making a post, though I am still able to access my account successfully through both websites.

The issue persists across three different browses will full cache clears in between. IE10 preview, Opera 11 and whatever version of Chrome they're up to now (it changes every 30 seconds, so I can't tell anymore).
Reply Quote
Posting here to confirm. Which is why Im actually on these forums since I have no other way to find out about this error. @.@
Reply Quote
I had the same issue. I figured out, it was because I was a US server player, with some mix up on the server about my geographical location (I'm from Sydney, Australia, so I often play on the SEA server).

Now, the redirects are a bit funny. When I go to the web site, it often redirects me to the sea.battle.net site, but when my account is locked, and I go to reset my password it redirects me to us.battle.net.

The problem is, when you go through the password reset process, you get sent an email with a link to a sea.battle.net URL, which doesn't work (shows 'An error has occurred.'). It actually forms the error on the SEA server, then redirects me to the us.battle.net site, to display the error.

Frustrating, but easy to work around. In the password reset email, copy the URL into your browser window, but before you press enter and load the page, change 'sea.battle.net/' to 'us.battle.net/' etc.

That was able to get me to reset my password and unblock my account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]