StarCraft® II

A Brand New Unit

If, in theory, you could have a new unit for LoV, what would it be?
Example #1
Name: Blackwing
Race: Terran
Health: 220
Produced from: starport w/ tech lab.
Attacks:
Hellfire missles
Targets ground and air
deals 5 damage
0.75 attack speed
2.50 move speed
Can sacrifice itself to deal up to 300 damage to all air units near it.
Mineral cost: 150
Gas Cost: 75
Supply cost: 2-3
Example #2
Name: Arachnolisk
Race: Zerg
Attacks:
Claws: deals 50 damage to a single target, 15 splash, has chance to stun
targets ground
1.25 attack speed
1.75 move speed
mineral cost: 300-400
gas cost: 200-400
supply cost: 6-10
can walk up cliffs, has web
web: all air units in target area are considered ground for 10-20 seconds
hp: 600-800
Example #3
Twilight archon(regular archon is 2 high templars, dark archon is 2 dark templars, grey is one of each)
Health: 10
Shields: 250
Attacks:
Maelstrom Lightning
Does 30 damage to one unit, then 25 to another, then 20 to another, then 15 to another, then 10 to another, then 5 to a final unit
does 10 less to non mech units
Same speed as a normal archon
attack speed: 1.5
no cost
supply is 4, as always
Abilities:
phase shift: is autocast, triggers when the grey archon is attacked
the archon temporarily phases out of existence, opening a vortex similar to that of a mothership, exept smaller.
lasts 2 secs, the archon reaperas when the vortex closes.
cooldown: 60 secs
I am interested to see what you will come up with!
Edited by TheHourglass on 11/17/2012 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
love seeing this thread over and over again.
Reply Quote
Not going to bother with stats
Phantom - A harassment unit that can pass through units and buildings
Invisible Protoss Sniper - The most OP protoss unit in the gam-
Reply Quote

I like the phantom idea.
would it be protoss or terran?
And would it cloak?
Edited by TheHourglass on 11/16/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

I like the phantom idea.
would it be protoss or terran?
And would it cloak?

Lore wise it would make more sense to be a protoss unit but I guess it could be terran unit.
I'm not sure if I would give it cloaking or if it would have an ability to reduce damage taken (if it can pass through walls it would make sense it could pass through bullets)
Reply Quote
That would work, but if it was inside a structure, then the opponents would have to shoot the structure, not the phantom.
maybe it can only be "Phantomed" for 5 secs or so?
but if it un-phantomed inside a structure, would it suffocate or be pushed out of the way?
Plus, it seems it would be terran, as it fits with "Ghost" "Banshee" "Wraith" "Spectre"
and the shade unit i made for a mod.
Edited by TheHourglass on 11/17/2012 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'd pick the Warhound. Because it deserves to be in the game.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 08:34 AMPosted by PanZxJassie
I'd pick the Warhound. Because it deserves to be in the game.

Not a "New unit" but i like it too so i agree with you.
Edited by TheHourglass on 11/17/2012 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think they could use a new gateway unit. Maybe even one that could only be used by gateways perhaps if it's too good. It would be a robotic unit with no attack. It would have a autocast passive ability (which means it can be turned off if you wanted), that would transfer shield energy from units not being attacked or that have more shields than others being attacked to those under fire.

It would basically be a front line unit that keeps units from dying. The move can be cast on as many units as are under attack. Perhaps it would need some sort of balancing by requiring it to go into a stationary mode where it cannot move and then cast the ability over a wide 10 square radius.

it would also have another ability which can be cast. This one would be cast for some cost of energy and increase the rate at which protoss shields regenerate ... Yes a mobile shield generator!
Reply Quote
I think they could use a new gateway unit. Maybe even one that could only be used by gateways perhaps if it's too good. It would be a robotic unit with no attack. It would have a autocast passive ability (which means it can be turned off if you wanted), that would transfer shield energy from units not being attacked or that have more shields than others being attacked to those under fire.

It would basically be a front line unit that keeps units from dying. The move can be cast on as many units as are under attack. Perhaps it would need some sort of balancing by requiring it to go into a stationary mode where it cannot move and then cast the ability over a wide 10 square radius.

it would also have another ability which can be cast. This one would be cast for some cost of energy and increase the rate at which protoss shields regenerate ... Yes a mobile shield generator!

I agree with a new Gateway unit. I was thinking they should bring in the Vindicator. A ranged unit, cheaper than the Stalker, not as worthless for attacking as the Sentry. Protoss needs that.
Reply Quote

I agree with a new Gateway unit. I was thinking they should bring in the Vindicator. A ranged unit, cheaper than the Stalker, not as worthless for attacking as the Sentry. Protoss needs that.

Vindicator?
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xYpfCrJPry4#t=142s

Yup, this thread is happening again.
Edited by Enigma on 11/17/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am really happy when joey ray's bar spills over into logical town
Reply Quote

Uhhhhhh . . .
That was relevant how exactly?
Reply Quote
For a race that's supposed to be tanky, Protoss is kinda failing IMO.

Perhaps an expensive gateway unit that can heal shields like a Medivac heals health could be experimented with.
Name: Disciple
Built At: Gateway, Warp Gate
Tech Requirements: Twilight Council
Mineral/Gas Cost: 75/125
HP/Shields/Base Armor: 200/150/1
Max Energy: 150
Abilities:
-- Guardian Beam: Restores shields to units and structures at the rate of 10/sec for the cost of 5 energy/sec. Restores 5 hardened shields/sec for 5 energy/sec. May be autocasted.
-- Conversion: Deals 100 damage to the shields of the target (may be friendly or hostile, may be only be a unit) to restore 100 energy to the caster. Has a 20-second cooldown and cannot be autocasted.
Lore: Due to the need of having as many brethren in battle as they can spare, the struggling Protoss forces have decided to allow Protoss warriors who have achieved a higher level than an ordinary Zealot while not yet achieving the rank of Templar participate in the battlefield as a support unit.
Reply Quote

Uhhhhhh . . .
That was relevant how exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
Reply Quote
Also irrelevant.
Reply Quote
For a race that's supposed to be tanky, Protoss is kinda failing IMO.

Perhaps an expensive gateway unit that can heal shields like a Medivac heals health could be experimented with.
Name: Disciple
Built At: Gateway, Warp Gate
Tech Requirements: Twilight Council
Mineral/Gas Cost: 75/125
HP/Shields/Base Armor: 200/150/1
Max Energy: 150
Abilities:
-- Guardian Beam: Restores shields to units and structures at the rate of 10/sec for the cost of 5 energy/sec. Restores 5 hardened shields/sec for 5 energy/sec. May be autocasted.
-- Conversion: Deals 100 damage to the shields of the target (may be friendly or hostile, may be only be a unit) to restore 100 energy to the caster. Has a 20-second cooldown and cannot be autocasted.
Lore: Due to the need of having as many brethren in battle as they can spare, the struggling Protoss forces have decided to allow Protoss warriors who have achieved a higher level than an ordinary Zealot while not yet achieving the rank of Templar participate in the battlefield as a support unit.

You know, i really like that idea.
Reply Quote
Bump because there are some really good ideas here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]