StarCraft® II

My changing thoughts on "balance"

I main zerg and have made it to masters with the race. Zerg is the only race I have ever played since I started this game. As zerg, I find sooo many things irritating about the other races, but thats all they are, irritating.

I've recently switch gears and started playing with protoss a lot more on another acct. Although I'm only about mid plat, I can already start to see why protoss do the things they do.

To zerg, something like sentries and ff are op. but to protoss, you absolutely need then. and until you play toss, do you realize how limited something like ff really are.

I can also see a little more clearly reasons why a protoss gets angry at zerg and why they seem like an A-move race.

However, in conclusion, I feel any facts about imbalance are highly inflated and players should give a chance to play other races. And not just play, but become GOOD at the race. At least high diamond+ is what I would gauge for anyone to have an effective look at how each race functions.

I wish to understand the game to its fullest, and I will pursue protoss until ive reached masters with this race as well. Then perhaps I will give terran a shot.

Just a rant and some thoughts about the game. I dont have much to do right now, so why not waste a little time on the forums, lol.

Anyways thx for reading and any thoughts. Good day to everyone.
Edited by Scyt on 11/16/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you play P and you try to take a 3rd, you will probably lose a lot more in PvZ than if you do some kind of 2-base allin (like a good immo/sentry timing). I would think if you already have masters Z mechanics, you should be able to take your PvZ to masters off of that build alone.

This is the fundamental problem of PvZ to me; 2-base allins are super strong, but if toss tries to take a 3rd, it's difficult (can easily be pressured by 3-base heavy roach/ling or roach/ling/festor) and the rest of the game is more Z-favored in the current meta.
Reply Quote
If you play P and you try to take a 3rd, you will probably lose a lot more in PvZ than if you do some kind of 2-base allin (like a good immo/sentry timing). I would think if you already have masters Z mechanics, you should be able to take your PvZ to masters off of that build alone.

This is the fundamental problem of PvZ to me; 2-base allins are super strong, but if toss tries to take a 3rd, it's difficult (can easily be pressured by 3-base heavy roach/ling or roach/ling/festor) and the rest of the game is more Z-favored in the current meta.

Yeah, definitely. Getting the third base has been hard to do. And it feels almost like i need to allin in order to expand. I have found easy success with the immo sentry build, however I want to build on my mechanics and macro, so i have been trying to deviate as much as possible from that in pvz.

PvZ, I have been starting to take a liking to double stargate, heavy cannon defense, and early third into mothership.

My knowledge of Z knows that if a zerg see double sg play, they will turtle up hard and waste money putting up spores and whatnot. During this moment, Ill get my third up and defend it heavy with cannons.

God cannons are so good vs zerg. I wish they could walk lol.
Reply Quote
Let's not forget that even if the protoss successful takes a third and perfectly macros right, he still has to deal with the zerg late game death ball. Broodlord/Infestor combo is unstoppable if microd right in ZvP, because blizzard made carriers completely useless.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Scyt
PvZ, I have been starting to take a liking to double stargate, heavy cannon defense, and early third into mothership.

My favorite build from PvZ macro-oriented play is 4gate +1 into 3rd that hits around 8ish. It forces units from Z before they're done droning and lets you get some forces up to defend well vs a counter when you take your 3rd. There're some guides on TL on this kind of build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]