StarCraft® II

Animations Don't Last Long

Hello, everyone. I'm trying to create a scene in my map where my character (in the form of a Marine) is aiming at someone with his C-14 Gauss Rifle. I used the Play Animation trigger with the Marine's Stand Ready animation. The animation did not last long, only for one second. I even modified the settings of the trigger and put it on loop, nothing. I tried the other trigger where you can turn the Stand Ready animation into the unit's default animation, nothing. I even created an actor for the unit to keep doing Stand Ready for as long as possible, nothing! I want the animation to last for 8.2 seconds, but it won't go for that long no matter what I do. There has to be a way!
Reply Quote
have you tried changing the animation speed?
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 07:54 PMPosted by turtles
have you tried changing the animation speed?

I don't understand. What do you mean by animation speed? Can you show me what the trigger looks like so I can understand better?
Reply Quote
if you create a new trigger and select the catagory animation then there are about 20 different triggers related to animations. One of which should be "set animation time scale".

Or you could just do a search for "set animation time scale" in the search bar for triggers.

I've never used it before so I don't know exactly how it works but there is a simillar field in the data editor which I have used which works as expected.

If you look in the data editor for the model you can also edit the animation details. If you can't get it to work via triggers you could probably create a new model with a modified animation time. But that would be the harder way.
Reply Quote
Developer
Hi Sean,

I think you're having problems with this particular anim because it's a property-based variant of the default Stand anim. If you follow your same steps on a Marine and choose another, non-default anim like Attack, it will work fine for any duration of your choosing.

Since you're just trying to use the Stand Ready anim in this case, you can easily add the property and activate it for any duration with the action, "Animation - Turn Animation Properties On With Blend In/Out."

Set the animation property to, "Ready," point to your desired unit's actor, and leave the Start/End blend values alone. You can also add a Wait for your desired duration and then remove the Ready property with the "Animation - Turn Animation Properties Off" action and return your Marine back to his regular Stand animation variants.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Xuzaca, I'm running into another problem, one that is not related to this topic; and no one seems to want to talk about it. This is the link:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7199910563#1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]