StarCraft® II

Well we can stop all the "Z is OP" now

All the players left are P except for Sen atm. Infestor still op? Tired of seeing that on streams and forums. "Winfestors" havent helped in making it to the finals, so idk where people are getting this stuff from
Reply Quote
korean vs foreigner

everyone predicted 3 korean protoss in the top 4, as soon as they saw the Ro16 bracket. no one would be surprised at 4.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:02 PMPosted by TimeRocker
All the players left are P except for Sen atm. Infestor still op? Tired of seeing that on streams and forums. "Winfestors" havent helped in making it to the finals, so idk where people are getting this stuff from

Funny, all games but 1-2 ended with Zerg ever getting that Deathball.

And yeah, 4 Korean protoss, with Rain, Creator, and Parting being the top 3 Protoss in the world right now, versus 4 foreigner Zerg, all of whom aren't even considered the best foreigner Zerg. At least that Zerg advantage keeps the games closer than they could have been otherwise.

Also, although I root for him as a Taiwanese, Sen's Broodlord positioning is terrible compared to the other Zerg players out there. I have never seen Broodlord so vulnerable in a long time now. His ZvT and ZvZ looks completely different from his ZvP, especially his Broodlord management.
Edited by Omega on 11/17/2012 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
why has sen floated 1500 minerals for 5 minutes without saturating his hidden base?
Reply Quote
Parting v Suppy
HerO v Sen
Rain v d.Killer
Creator v Vortix

Arguably the 4 best protosses in the world against 4 foreign zergs of whom sen is the only one anywhere near being a top foreigner. Anything but the zergs losing horribly would be pretty damn wrong.
Edited by dainbramage on 11/17/2012 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
But even still, why didnt the korean z's make it? Or even make it to the tournament itself. Just doesnt seem logic. This game has always swayed towards one race or another based on new findings/builds with the races. I still remember when marines were untouchable, and now its mostly mech, and 4 gate was unstoppable. Was only a matter of time until Z had its run, and its not gonna last forever
Reply Quote
all the mistakes made by Sen countered by 2 fail Vortexes on top of Spines
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:13 PMPosted by TimeRocker
But even still, why didnt the korean z's make it?

The only top korean Zs to enter WCS korea were DRG and Leenock. You can't win a tournament if you don't enter it. Incidentally the same is why terran representation is so poor. Aside from Mvp (who forfeited out after round 1), the best terran was what... Polt?

Meanwhile, Sen's showing dat BL/infestor, crushing Hero's 5 base economy when he's been confined to 3 all game.
Edited by dainbramage on 11/17/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
To be fair, Hero only lost because he used Vortex to SAVE broodlords when he couldn't throw in Archons with Spines blocking.

If he engaged elsewhere or even baited out the Broodlords out JUST SLIGHTLY in front, he would have decimated Sen's Broodlords.

also calling early pool aggression because Taldarim sucks with no free 3rd for Zerg.
Edited by Omega on 11/17/2012 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, I'm not much for complaining, but that game was pretty ridiculous :(
Reply Quote
Yeah sure Sen just won with 3 bases vs 5. Why? Infested terrans and spines blocked 2 archon toilets.

Nothing like a forcefield that blocks massives units, that does damage.
Reply Quote
His archons got blocked by an instant spew of infested terrans, not spines... there were only 4-5 spines

That is, after either the luckiest or most skilled pair of vortexes seen recently in tournaments.
Edited by Crusade on 11/17/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah sure Sen just won with 3 bases vs 5. Why? Infested terrans and spines blocked 2 archon toilets.

Nothing like a forcefield that blocks massives units, that does damage.

Spines are stationary and can be seen way before an engagement. He just made a terrible call engaging there AND attempting to Archon Toilet when his ground forces can't even get in the Vortex.

That game is more like Sen making a ton of little mistake with Broodlord control versus that one huge gigantic mistake HERO, rather than racial strengths and weaknesses.

His archons got blocked by an instant spew of infested terrans, not spines...

I'll have to rewatch the VoDs again, thank you for pointing that out though.
Edited by Omega on 11/17/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Omega
To be fair, Hero only lost because he used Vortex to SAVE broodlords when he couldn't throw in Archons with Spines blocking.

If you can't get into a vortex, you also can't hit units where your vortex would have been when the units concerned have barely more than melee range.
Reply Quote
I like free units. They make the game interesting and fun (for zerg).
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:22 PMPosted by dainbramage

If you can't get into a vortex, you also can't hit units where your vortex would have been when the units concerned have barely more than melee range.

Right, which is why I questioned that engagement in that angle in the first place.
Reply Quote
I thought Zerg had to be up one base to even stand a chance of winning. Nope. Lose multiple expansions multiple times, but win because of one bad engagement. Broodlords are now unstoppable. Yeah sure Zerg is definitely balanced when the only counter is a gimmick.
Reply Quote
I think it's a little bit ridiculous when you still need to rely on archon toilet when you have a 20 supply lead and are up a base on a Zerg.
Reply Quote

Right, which is why I questioned that engagement in that angle in the first place.

You have to attack. If you let the zerg max on BL/infestor then it doesn't matter that they're only on 3 mined-out bases while you have infinity money. A maxed army can't make a noticeable dent on the ball. 2 remaxes won't kill it either.

In PvZ zerg takes their third at 4 minutes and literally can do perfectly fine without expanding again for the next 20 minutes.
Edited by dainbramage on 11/17/2012 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
come on HerO
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]