StarCraft® II

WoL unit Changes/Abilities

These are some changes I personally think would help balance, and diversify the game itself.

Protoss

Void Ray
-Add new ability that sends units or buildings to the void. This would make interesting gameplay, removing tech, removing a unit from play and would make the Void Ray much stronger in the mid game. The ability would be from the Cibernetics Core and would take a decent time to research.

Sentry
-Make force field range 8 instead of 9. This would make PvZ Immortal all ins SLIGHTLY weaker, because the sentries would have to move a bit more out to make them vulnerable. I would say make the size of the FF smaller, but this would effect ramps too much.

High Templar
-Feed Back does half damage to massive. Would fix some of the TvP, mech problems with the Thor that there is currently.

Zerg

Zergling
-Given new ability, something to make them more flame resistant (Like 30%). This would add to there life span through the game and it would work against Colossus and Hellions. The reason why this would be given is because of what they should do to the Infestor which I will explain later. Would be researchable at Infestation or Hive.

Queen
-Range 4. its a meet in the middle sort of thing, not too far but not too short. I think it would make the Zerg actually have to put effort into controlling there queens.

Infestor
-No longer snares, slows 75%, does 5 less damage as it does now (30 to 25). Fungal is a projectile. Infested Terran now 50 energy and cannot be casted while burrowed. The damage nerf is where the Zergling ability helps.

Hydra
-Default speed is now 2.25-2.50. Thats really all.

Broodling
-Does 4-3 Damage, make Broods a little less weak, they are already effected by upgrades.

Terran

Thor
-Only has 150 Energy now. 250mm takes half the time to cast and does 550 instead of 500

Reaper
-Auto Heal Removed. Far too strong in TvT. Given an Ability in the Tech Lab at Armory Tech to have +1 armor. Would add to there life span.

Raven
All of the abilities it has cost 100/100 instead of there cost being 150/150. Corvid and Durable now take 60 seconds instead of 110. Speed increased to the same as Medivac like it was originally planned a couple months back.

Ghost
-Snipe Fix, 45 Dmg (-25 to Massive)

Well, thats all the changes I could think that could help the games balance and make it more interesting. What are your opinions? Thoughts? Changes? And keep in mind, these are my thoughts and opinions so don't get too mad about them :)

And another thing I was thinking was giving the Hell Bat 3 Range, and let it come out of the Barracks with a tech lab because Terran can have some problems until real Hellions come out and stop and Bane/Ling pressure. Its an idea, but then again I don't think it will work because of Marauder Hell Bat all in would be pretty good. But eh.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Legerity
-Add new ability that sends units or buildings to the void. This would make interesting gameplay, removing tech, removing a unit from play and would make the Void Ray much stronger in the mid game. The ability would be from the Cibernetics Core and would take a decent time to research.

So give it a Void Ray's special version of the vortex?

-Feed Back does half damage to massive. Would fix some of the TvP, mech problems with the Thor that there is currently.

Acceptable

-Make force field range 8 instead of 9. This would make PvZ Immortal all ins SLIGHTLY weaker, because the sentries would have to move a bit more out to make them vulnerable. I would say make the size of the FF smaller, but this would effect ramps too much.

This wouldn't change the power of the sentry-immortal all in

-Given new ability, something to make them more flame resistant (Like 30%). This would add to there life span through the game and it would work against Colossus and Hellions. The reason why this would be given is because of what they should do to the Infestor which I will explain later. Would be researchable at Infestation or Hive.

No point to this. They are being countered by units that are meant to counter them

-Range 4. its a meet in the middle sort of thing, not too far but not too short. I think it would make the Zerg actually have to put effort into controlling there queens.

Yes, or just revert the buff and queens now have a range of 3

-No longer snares, slows 75%, does 5 less damage as it does now (30 to 25). Fungal is a projectile. Infested Terran now 50 energy and cannot be casted while burrowed. The damage nerf is where the Zergling ability helps.

Pick one, damage nerf or root nerf

-Default speed is now 2.25-2.50. Thats really all.

Their speed currently is 2.25

-Does 4-3 Damage, make Broods a little less weak, they are already effected by upgrades.

Makes them a little less weak = makes them stronger. Other than your wording, there is no problem here

-Only has 150 Energy now. 250mm takes half the time to cast and does 550 instead of 500

The problem with it's cannons is that the only interesting thing about them is its stun ability, otherwise, it's default attack with +1 upgrades is better

-Auto Heal Removed. Far too strong in TvT. Given an Ability in the Tech Lab at Armory Tech to have +1 armor. Would add to there life span.

No, they have already been nerfed enough as it is. WoL 2010 (this was an overkill nerf, 3 nerfs in one, but the depot before barracks one was actually needed.) They still suck past the 7 minute mark unless you've saved a group of them in a corner of the map and waited to strike later in the game with them (which I highly doubt)

All of the abilities it has cost 100/100 instead of there cost being 150/150. Corvid and Durable now take 60 seconds instead of 110. Speed increased to the same as Medivac like it was originally planned a couple months back.

In the beta, it's speed is 2.5. What about the cast range for its abilities and it's build time?

-Snipe Fix, 45 Dmg (-25 to Massive)

Agreed. The ghost got obliterated by the nerfbat.
Reply Quote
Zergling

I personally think they should have a 10 health upgrade on the hive instead of the 20% attack speed. They are far too vulnerable to aoe.

11/17/2012 11:46 PMPosted by PotatoLiSK
No point to this. They are being countered by units that are meant to counter them

What do you think about giving them a health upgrade on the hive? I don't think anyone would miss the 20% attack speed, as they already do pretty high dps. It wouldn't change how they are in the early game. It would help them out with certain types of aoe in the late game, most notably siege tanks, and colossus
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]