StarCraft® II

Infestor nerf confirmed (Chinese interview)

11/17/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Mallard
Im sure you spent a whole lot of time to do your complicated math to make ITs look more powerful than 10 battlecruisers but in a real game things generally dont work quite like that.

Lol, are you serious??...

Ohh... (I actually started writing a long-winded post, until I saw that you're in Gold league.)
Nvm...

For the rational people out there, my previous post had the math. The fact that 6infestors =48infested terrans do more dps than 10 Battlecruisers should be enough for even the most adamant zergs out there objecting against heightening the costs of spells.
Reply Quote
Man if you think 6 infestors is more powerful than 10 battlecruisers I dont know what to say.
Reply Quote
@iprod your logic is flawed. Six infestors dumping all their energy into ITs. BC's run away and come back 30s later and kill infestors.

GG

If you're going to say that other infestors are involved to say fungal the bcs in place, you're going to need to rework your math. also the ITs dps isn't instant. The eggs drop and then some seconds later the ITs hatch. Meanwhile the BCs are dps from time zero.

Seriously rework your math to make actual sense and not just fuel a useless argument.
Edited by JunFan on 11/17/2012 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Seriously? "Fungal will be projectile instead of instant cast - confirmed"?
? now u get to see a projectile before u get fungal-ed? yayyy! wow genius blizzard genius work!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT HOW IS THIS A NERF??
Bear in mind that not all terrans are pros that can easily split marines.
2nd thought is: you're leading vs zerg. 1 or 2 chain fungal vs d entire bio army = d terran loses.
1 simple mistake when the marines are grouped together and it will cost u the game. wtf?
The main nerf should be reduced fungal damge and fungal hold time. Stimmed marines eat 1 fungal and BAM! they're all dead.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:48 PMPosted by iProd
Im sure you spent a whole lot of time to do your complicated math to make ITs look more powerful than 10 battlecruisers but in a real game things generally dont work quite like that.

Lol, are you serious??...

Ohh... (I actually started writing a long-winded post, until I saw that you're in Gold league.)
Nvm...

For the rational people out there, my previous post had the math. The fact that 6infestors =48infested terrans do more dps than 10 Battlecruisers should be enough for even the most adamant zergs out there objecting against heightening the costs of spells.

You aren't taking into account that infested terrans can be killed before they spawn and they also have far less health then one battlecruiser once spawned. They also can not be repaired. Yes they only cost energy but infestors themselvses do not. So to even compare infested terrans to battlecruisers is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
yea when we see infestors we terran are gonna build 2-3 extra starport wif tech lab to churn out the battlecruisers to kill them. are u retarded? we dont hv othr units to build? dumbass
Reply Quote
Lol, I never said that 6 infestors were stronger than 10 BCs, I only showed that 48 infested terrans spawned from 6 infestors has more DPS than 10 BCs. Which is entirely true.

Obviously 6 infestors = 48 infested terrans can't kill 10 BCs. A BC has 550 health and an Infested Terran has 100. Obviously 10 BCs can kill 48 infested Terrans before the ITs can kill them.

I just brought up the math that 48 infested terrans do more DPS than 10 BCs. And with all the computations that I've provided, you can't deny that.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:02 PMPosted by xStorMz
They also can not be repaired. Yes they only cost energy but infestors themselvses do not. So to even compare infested terrans to battlecruisers is ridiculous.

oh yea storm, we will bring about 10-20 scvs into the battle instead of mining just to repair them bcs. use ur common sense before posting. we will also waste resouces to build bcs so that u can get corrupters wif corrupt ability to easily bring us down.
Reply Quote

I just brought up the math that 48 infested terrans do more DPS than 10 BCs. And with all the computations that I've provided, you can't deny that.

Actually I can. You are ignoring multiple parameters which greatly affect dps.
Reply Quote
They also can not be repaired. Yes they only cost energy but infestors themselvses do not. So to even compare infested terrans to battlecruisers is ridiculous.

oh yea storm, we will bring about 10-20 scvs into the battle instead of mining just to repair them bcs. use ur common sense before posting. we will also waste resouces to build bcs so that u can get corrupters wif corrupt ability to easily bring us down.

I hear terrans have these things called mules. Battlecruisers are best in numbers and usually come in towards the late game where terran can have a large enough bank to throw away 10-20 scvs and replace them with mules using only half of their energy on their 10 orbital commands
Edited by xStorMz on 11/17/2012 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ wUnderUng:
It is not true, the translation of "其中灵能单位将免疫感染虫的精神控制" is psionic units will be immune to infestors "mind control (精神控制)", last time i checked fungal isnt op enough to mind control units too

Then the newspaper made a mistake in their report. Liquid English-speaking member just did an interview with DB directly and got it confirmed from the man himself. Fungals will be nerfed versus psionic.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=382616
Edited by wUndertUng on 11/17/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Actually I can. You are ignoring multiple parameters which greatly affect dps.

ZZzzzZZzzZzzZZzzz

Whatever bro, believe what you want but the math doesn't lie. You can mess with your parameters for as long as you please but until Blizz raises the energy costs of ITs and Fungal, Infestors will be broken as !@#$.

ITs are too cost-efficient for the dps they provide and the ability to mass them off only energy. Also, Mallder, I'm done with you.

If others care to bring forth rational points forward for discussion, please do.
Reply Quote
You're right. The math doesnt lie when you apply real scenario parameters. Of course, if you want to cry about something and want to make something look OP, you can apply elementary school level math to a cherry picked scenario and make completely worthless posts!
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Mallard
You're right. The math doesnt lie when you apply real scenario parameters. Of course, if you want to cry about something and want to make something look OP, you can apply elementary school level math to a cherry picked scenario and make completely worthless posts!
Except when it comes to infestors, there are WAY too many "cherries" involved, making that argument of yours moot.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:07 PMPosted by xStorMz
I hear terrans have these things called mules. Battlecruisers are best in numbers and usually come in towards the late game where terran can have a large enough bank to throw away 10-20 scvs and replace them with mules using only half of their energy on their 10 orbital commands

oh wow now youre changin what ure saying n now ure saying about late game? tell me more about how the broodlords are gonna rip the scvs nt to mention the lings coming in? tell me more about how a fungal can kill those scvs. tell me more pls. i like to read ur ridiculous n unlogical common sense :)
Reply Quote
@ wUnderUng the article you linked is the translation of the exact same interview the chinese conducted.
Let me clear this for you lol, the Chinese news paper conducted an interview with DB (Not a TL english speaking member), that would be the interview I had in my OP.
then a member of TL translated (incorrectly quite possibly) it on TL. The content of the interview is eactly the same
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:22 PMPosted by BruteFrost

oh wow now youre changin what ure saying n now ure saying about late game? tell me more about how the broodlords are gonna rip the scvs nt to mention the lings coming in? tell me more about how a fungal can kill those scvs. tell me more pls. i like to read ur ridiculous n unlogical common sense :)

I didn't change what I was saying, I was never specific in my initial post. So great catch there. First of all why would someone go broodlords against a heap of battlecruisers? Secondly terran don't only have battlecruisers. Terran can EMP or snipe the infestors negating the effect of the fungal that could go down. Keeping the scvs alive, thus keeping the battlecruisers alive, thus making the argument that infested terrans are comparable to battlecruisers unjust.
Reply Quote
For the folks that are complaining that IT's are still OP, keep in mind that protoss in HoTS will have tempests which will do a lot to kill infestors before they can engage. There are a lot of changes in HoTS that I am sure DB is trying to consider. IT's are overpowered for Z v P in WoL, but I don't think it will stay that way in HoTS.

The nerf to NP for momship I think is needed, although I think the additional nerfs aren't.

The biggest reason that terran players lose to zerg is because you just can't dodge fungal. Making it a projectile is exactly what they need to do. You don't need to change the damage, just change the mechanic a little.

After a large nerf like this, why are so many terran still QQing so much?
Reply Quote
u know? u are really an idiot kid xstormz. talking like a 5 year old kid, imagining all the best and ideal positions for terran while u make zerg sound so helplessly defenseless. giv urself a pat on the bak cus u've just won the world's most dumb person. im outta this forum. whatever i say u keep replying wif non logical sense. u are so dumb that u've left me speechless
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]