StarCraft® II

Infestor nerf confirmed (Chinese interview)

@ wUnderUng the article you linked is the translation of the exact same interview the chinese conducted.
Let me clear this for you lol, the Chinese news paper conducted an interview with DB (Not a TL english speaking member), that would be the interview I had in my OP.
then a member of TL translated (incorrectly quite possibly) it on TL. The content of the interview is eactly the same

Right, but a TL admin just talked to him post-cHinese interview to conduct his own interview and confirmed that the Chinese reported the wrong ability. Just jump to Monk's post on page 17.

EDIT: Anyways, I'm not trying to prove that I'm right. I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking you're right. Sure we'll find out in the next few days/hours...
Edited by wUndertUng on 11/17/2012 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I do like the idea about fungal not hitting psionic...but the projectile nerf failed terribly hard for a reason before. Don't really see why we're venturing back into that again.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:42 PMPosted by BruteFrost
u know? u are really an idiot kid xstormz. talking like a 5 year old kid, imagining all the best and ideal positions for terran while u make zerg sound so helplessly defenseless. giv urself a pat on the bak cus u've just won the world's most dumb person. im outta this forum. whatever i say u keep replying wif non logical sense. u are so dumb that u've left me speechless

Calling me a 5 year old when you speak like "u know" and "giv" oh also "wif" What I'm trying to get across here is that comparing battlecruisers to infested terrans is ridiculous because they're completely different types of units.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Doncroft
I still think that a 3 supply infestor would fix a LOT of issues.

Meh. Instead of being able to make 23 Infestors, a Zerg player could make 15. That's still a lot of Fungal. I think the projectile and speed nerfs are more solid. Basically, it makes it easier to avoid the Fungals because the Infestor can't get in position as quickly, and it's not an instant cast.

Btw, TvP sucks (MVP immaturity alert). It does. The moment Psi Storm is researched, I should just gg, I swear.

Mothership is now immune to infestor neural parasite - confirmed
Any units with energy(high Templar, ghost, Thor, raven, queen, infestor) will be immune to neural parasite

Well dang, they might as well make it range 9 again, then.

Not only that but it'll be harder to retreat with infestors. I think one nerf they could do for infested terrans is lower their hp by 1/3 at least. That or lower their damage. Either nerf would make them more easier to deal with.

I think free units should definately be weaker than units you pay for.
Reply Quote
@ wUnderUng the TL article/translation even said it was "NP" not fungal, it seems undeniably strong, until more convincing evidence show up, ill leave it as it is
Reply Quote
I'd really like to see a buff to the hydra alongside this, bring zerg back to its SCI roots, or at least make the hydra plausible in anything but zvz.
Reply Quote
GG Neural Parasite.

Since David Kim all but confirmed that they are going to make Interceptors immune to Fungal Growth, and the fact it has 7 range, requires an upgrade, and can't target the Mothership anymore, can't it be changed? Make NP a Hive upgrade and give it back its 9 range and then it would be a useful late game ability without being the answer to Mothership which is being fazed out anyway thanks to the Tempest. I don't see this as a problem since Infestors would still have utility against Carriers, Colossi, and against the Thor and BC if they are made to be useful late game.

I'm not sure if this change to FG will work though. What was the reason it was reverted from a projectile again? I honestly believe that Blizz will be forced to directly nerf the Infestor in some shape or form. I hear that changing Fungal's root/snare to a slow is highly popular. Overall I think these changes are for the better, but I'd like to see some buffs for the Hydra as compensation.
Edited by Pain on 11/17/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just for reference sake the fungal projectile is not like the projectile seen on youtube it is much faster, so fast that many players do not remember it as a projectile, it will only give about an extra quarter of a second or less time to move but it does mean that you have to aim a little bit more.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Foulplay
Just for reference sake the fungal projectile is not like the projectile seen on youtube it is much faster, so fast that many players do not remember it as a projectile, it will only give about an extra quarter of a second or less time to move but it does mean that you have to aim a little bit more.

I'm not complaining about the change. The Infestor definitely needs some nerfs since it is stagnating the game at this point. However, the one of the main reasons we haven't see any changes to WoL in quite some time or any Swarm updates are because the development team is largely attending BWC. As for Swarm, the other reason is to give it time to see how balanced it is and how the metagame has shaped/is shaping.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:02 AMPosted by PanZxJassie
Well.. NP won't be able to take over Thors. I guess that's sorta a plus.

11/17/2012 10:16 AMPosted by ProdofVoid
you mean I can't NP thors and make them dance soon....damn I better do that quick.
Thors are not a psionic unit, they are armored-mechanical.
Reply Quote
-looks at ZvP in wcs-

-infestor nerf-

k then
Reply Quote
Whats up with the Neural nerf against psionics... so pointless...

I think mothership nerf is okay.
Reply Quote
OH MY GOD THIS IS THE WRONG STUFF BLIZZARD CAN YOU JUST LISTEN?
Reply Quote
I think this is a move in the wrong direction. The spell its self is bad, it is such a hard counter to everything. This like many above have said will help with the lower leagues but it u have good micro it works if u don't, don't bother. There is literally nothing you can do once you have been fungaled. It's a lot like entomb, (or to a lesser extent immortals, in the aspect that when you have them mech can NEVER work) its a boring cast and win ability that takes you out of the game.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Foulplay

The youtube links I posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoysr9JKuaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSeH0U8H4M

These Are in fact the PTR fungal growth projectiles, they were videos that were taken and were posted on TeamLiquid the last time during the last PTR in which Blizzard rebalanced the infestor.

Blizzard has rebalanced, or has attempted to rebalance, the infestor many times. The fungal growth becoming a projectile was widely regarded as a mistake that should not go through and thus did not.

It was worth investigating on the PTR, which blizzard did. It didn't work as a projectile and they've tried it out as one several times already.

People just have a very short term memory when it comes to the PTR. It might be no one actually goes on it when they put up tests. However the uproar over reverting the Fungal Growth projectile on the PTR was quite loud so it is very hard to forget.

As far as Fungal Growth being drastically changed to be unable to decloak Dark Templar and Ghosts, that is a direct Nerf to Zerg's already lacking defensiveness which means that this change wouldn't be seen until HOTS where Zerg theoretically should be able to defend itself better and not need infestors as much as they do now.

Infestors are unfortunately the support caster(ala sentry) and combat caster(ala high templar) for the zerg. Which is why they are so extremely important and extremely hard to balance.

Fungal growth is extremely important in Zerg survival in the late early to mid game when they are the most weakest similar to Force Field.

Now imagine trying to balance High Templar but being forced to nerf sentries in the process. To nerf Psi-Storm you end up having to nerf force field... Ugh.

People really should give the balance team more credit for this mess they have to figure out. This isn't easy and the infestor is such an important unit for Zerg survival in all match-ups, imagine how difficult this is.

Try to take yourself out of your own personal bias for your own favorite race and try to figure out how to untangle this mess they have gotten themselves into with the infestor.

As said many times before, the Infestor is a band-aid that is there to cover up for many of the flaws left in the game at release. It is a band-aid that is covering a now festering wound and it is time to clean that wound...
Edited by Xtophr on 11/18/2012 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nerfing fungal by making it a projectile in hots, and making psionic units such as the mother ship and high templar immune to neural are direct nerfs to the infester unit.

Rather than nerfing the infester itself, why not consider buffing other untis? Such as the thor, stalkers, or carrier. You could even consider buffing an alternative such as decreased time it takes to acquire a mother ship, or or increased speed production rate when using a chrono boost. These are indirect nerfs to an infester.

The infester unit itself is the 'crutch' unit of the zerg army. Infesters are used to support broodlords, used to stop or prevent drops, and even used to harass enemy bases, or mineral lines. By nerfing the infester, you are setting all zerg players back to beta realm, where zergs used only ling/muta/bling/roach. Now I'm not saying that that how zergs are going to have to win games using these specific units, or that it is their only solution to the 'new' meta, but zergs are forced to try other methods with the infester being nerfed.

By nerfing the infester what other options will zergs have in their tech trees once lair tech is acquired?

All I am saying is that nerfing the infester is a not so good idea. Consider buffing other units to open more options to players in-game strategies.
Reply Quote
top 3 players of bwc are protoss. i heard that protoss was OP, and terran is UP and zerg is balanced.
Reply Quote
buff ghosts
-emp kills forcefields
-snipe does 20 damage, 30+ psionic, 50+ light

modify spine crawlers and spore crawlers to count as massive when they are uprooted (smash forcefields)

these nerf protoss slightly, and make terran ghost better
Reply Quote
Nerfing fungal by making it a projectile in hots, and making psionic units such as the mother ship and high templar immune to neural are direct nerfs to the infester unit.Rather than nerfing the infester itself, why not consider buffing other untis? Such as the thor, stalkers, or carrier. You could even consider buffing an alternative such as decreased time it takes to acquire a mother ship, or or increased speed production rate when using a chrono boost. These are indirect nerfs to an infester.The infester unit itself is the 'crutch' unit of the zerg army. Infesters are used to support broodlords, used to stop or prevent drops, and even used to harass enemy bases, or mineral lines. By nerfing the infester, you are setting all zerg players back to beta realm, where zergs used only ling/muta/bling/roach. Now I'm not saying that that how zergs are going to have to win games using these specific units, or that it is their only solution to the 'new' meta, but zergs are forced to try other methods with the infester being nerfed.By nerfing the infester what other options will zergs have in their tech trees once lair tech is acquired?All I am saying is that nerfing the infester is a not so good idea. Consider buffing other units to open more options to players in-game strategies.

well said! , ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]