StarCraft® II

Help, I'm bad.

So I recently bought this game and damn it isn't that easy I started off playing Toss but they seemed way too complicated so I went for my second favorite which is Zerg they're not a confusing but when I go online I get smacked .
Reply Quote
I personally consider toss the tutorial race, any time a friend joins this game I make sure to tell them to start as protoss because it has the least amount of things you have to learn to be successful at it.

But if you really want to learn zerg just hit your injects, always be 1 base up on your opponent, remember to make a macro hatch and vs protoss and zerg make roaches. Vs terran make ling baneling. Grats on silver
Edited by CoW on 11/17/2012 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Any other responses would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
watch day9 newbie tuesday vids. especially the one about drone timing
Reply Quote
Im not sure which race to use now.
Reply Quote
honestly gozu u should just play around with each race till u find the one u enjoy playing the most. It would suck to get up to like plat as zerg and find out u hate it and wanna switch. Choose what is fun and not just what is easy or ur maybe better with. a lot of ppl pick terrans because anyone who has done the campaign has a general idea on what they are doing. Starting out can be annoying because many ppl are just trying to get wins and cheese every game instead of trying to get better. Cheese defense is important but its not very fun getting 6 pooled every game either.
Reply Quote
So far it feels like Zerg but I heard they are getting nerfed..
Reply Quote
Yes, because nerfs matter so much to you
Edited by Midday on 11/17/2012 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Midday

thanks for the kind words dip!@#$.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Brightside

thanks for the kind words dip!@#$.

No nerf that happens to any of the races will effect anyone under Mid-Masters.
Reply Quote
its ok im buddy bad too and im in diamond league, for now this song will help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4w7UZV3NA :D
Reply Quote
I personally consider toss the tutorial race, any time a friend joins this game I make sure to tell them to start as protoss because it has the least amount of things you have to learn to be successful at it.

But if you really want to learn zerg just hit your injects, always be 1 base up on your opponent, remember to make a macro hatch and vs protoss and zerg make roaches. Vs terran make ling baneling. Grats on silver

I consider terran a tutorial race since though protoss is easy in the low leagues... protoss mechanics are quite off the basics. Warp gate timings... chrono timings... spell casting dependence (ff)... ect. Plus protoss will give you the temptation to just 4gate till silver or higher. Protoss also has generally no micro (in the lower leagues where they won't be in situations like split ht vs ghost or phoenix opening vs a 4gate) so they will just get used to 1-a.

The good thing about terran is that...
1. Build thing the old fashioned way. Learn to que and hotkey.
2. Orbital vs planetary. Greed vs defense.
3. Requires micro earlier on in the leagues. For an example. A new players gets good at macro. Eventually he learns builds like marine tank. Then he loses to chargelots or banglings. Then he will realize the importance of some micro.
A protoss player can just 1-a to plat. Most protoss micro are situation based and more of a "not as vital thing". You can either 1-a zealots or you can kite with your zealots vs zerglings. Just the fine cutting edge that won't be seen in high gold below.
4. Learns the importance of good positioning.
5. 1-1-1. You can get everything. If a new player plays protoss they might get the wrong idea and go for robo, stargate, dt.

My personal preference.
Reply Quote
I agree with above post. Terran plays like a traditional RTS game. Understanding the fundamentals of the RTS genre will make you better.

A year before SC2 came out I bought SCBW and played as terran. It was the first RTS game I ever played. Learned quite alot from that.

I'm still very newb at this game but I know its cuz my macro is lacking. If I gave a crap about what rank I was, I would play as Terran to reinforce and challenge my macro. But because I'm lazy and like to build all my available units out of one structure type, I'm gonna stick with Zerg.

Learn how to farm minerals quickly, and spend minerals quickly. When a player understands how to macro well, the player will be good at all the races.
Reply Quote
when i got this game... i played 4v4 as random. 4v4 is causal and when your new you need to get a feel for each race and learn all buildings and units.
Reply Quote
It's because Zerg requires a fair deal of knowledge to deal with cheese, you need to know about your opponent's scout timings (if it's off you know something is weird and your anti cheese awareness should activate asap), you also have to have an ovie scouting strategy for each and every map, and since we are the race most vulnerable to cheeses (while at the same time lacking cheeses ourselves) you need a fair bit of knowledge about the current meta game.

The other races may be easier to learn for a new comer. P is fairly straight forward, learn a timing attack for each matchup and just keep practicing it...that alone should carry you into diamond. T is a bit more tricky since it requires a lot of micro, but if you are a player that likes to micro instead of macro then T is for you.

If you like macro play go Z.
If you like micro play go T.
If you like in between go P.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]