StarCraft® II

ZvP (Silver)

Hey guys!

I just came to the forums to ask for some help in my ZvP (as Zerg). I do realize that my macro and multitasking will have a large impact on the games at this level if I'm not keeping up with it, but even when I'm doing OK with it, I just seem to get steamrolled by Protoss. I've been trying to play a bit more agressive against them, but with wall offs and well placed FFs it seems I can't put much pressure on the Toss to prevent them from getting a sizeable army =[. Please help :)!
Reply Quote
Scout early and often and always have one more base than your opponent. Also deny his expansions.
Reply Quote
Thank you. I do try to deny their expansions but it's quite difficult for me sometimes when they start with the wall off with cannons and have the immortal stalker sentry (and some zealot) army. Any other suggestions at all?
Reply Quote
Roaches and lings work well against that early mix. Alter the ratio of roaches to lings depending on how many immortals they have. Spread a lot of creep to gain vision and establish map control.
Reply Quote
So pretty much it's just a "play better" type thing =p? Heh, was hoping there was something else to it. Anyways, thanks a bunch guys!
Reply Quote
Just curious... Could I go for Hydras to force them into Colossus? Or would that not work? I know Hydras are pretty bad, but if I can get the right unit comp and out macro my opponent could it work? If they went into colossus would that not mean less sentries, making the Lings have a larger role?
Reply Quote
You don't really want to "force" them into colossus, lol, that unit wrecks the !@#$ out of Zerg. Hydras aren't bad, imo.

11/17/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Pinxx
if I can get the right unit comp and out macro my opponent

That's the whole game. Though, as zerg, I feel you don't really have to focus so much on what units you have. Just as long as you maintain macro dominance and have a lot of units (and that you didn't pick the worst possible units, like roaches to fight marauders).
Reply Quote
Roach infestor, use better macro to brute force your way into plat or high gold until you start worrying about other stuff.
Reply Quote
Alright. Thanks so much everyone :). If anyone else has anything else to add, it would be very much appreciated!
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Starscreamer
You don't really want to "force" them into colossus, lol, that unit wrecks the !@#$ out of Zerg

Sometimes I just feel like playing against Colossi is easier than playing against a really heavy Sentry army.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]