Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Hello there! Any of you Zergies suffer from being somewhat mechanically challenged? Need some extra incentive to spread that creep? Well now you can play a map where you're forced to spread creep.
Use a few practice sessions on here a day until you're spreading creep without thinking about it.
Just go to Arcade and search for Creep or Die!
For more info go to the following link:
Edited by Mythandier on 11/28/2012 8:35 PM PST
Fenix - you're looking in the Arcade and not Custom Games.
To search custom games:
1) click Starcraft in the top-left
2) click custom games in the bottom-right
3) enter "creep or die" in search bar
Also, a point of note, when you create a game, make sure to add an AI opponent and select its difficulty level.
This game is pretty simple. I think I would make a button select all creep tumor that has a charge. =P Or a creep counter, the number of creep tumor built, maybe the percentage of the map creeped if it's possible (probably), etc.
In overall you got the basic, and I think the map need some more statistic to help the player beat his own records. Right now without any stats, you're just making a creep tumor when needed, and not necessairly effective. It needs a little more challenge ;)
When I searched your map and not found it, I tryed to make something just for fun about the creep and this is challenging. Try it, add that trigger:
This means, you NEED to spread creep and if you don't you can't attack, and you lose drone I think? If you don't build a creep tumor? Anyway, keep going ;)
Edited by Fenix on 11/23/2012 9:32 AM PST
Hi Fenix, thanks for the suggestion.
As it turns out, I already plan to implement a scoring system in one of the upcoming patches of the game.
In addition, there will be other bonuses/achievments/rewards the player can obtain.
I'm also going to add more difficulty levels to increase the challenge.
I will think about the other trigger you mentioned.
Thanks again :)
Major update 11/28
- Overhauled difficulty system.
- Added scoring system
- Moved to Arcade
The following bugs have also been addressed:
- Creep tumors created before the grace period ends no longer cause drones to die
- AI drones won't also be destroyed if the creep tumor timer expires
Good point: everything seems to work as it should.
Point to re-work:
-The dialog is too big to play effectively with it. You could reduce it's size, remove the background of the dialog leaving just the text, change the disposition of the text. For example, for creep tumor built, you could have a number with an icon the same as the ressources and supply, with the creep tumor icon. This would display the number of creep tumor.
-The when the timer is close to 0 nothing alerts you. I think there could be some kind of alert, like, text bigger and in red, or just a warning message, something... And another message if you fail building the tumor in time saying you've lost X drones.
-The Insane AI are most likely unkillable. You must rush or die. This is not the goal of this map. On creep or die, you want to macro up for few min and spread creep before killing the enemy. You want to use that creep.
-I like the way you made your difficulties, but I wonder if it would be better if the player could set up his own settings.
-During the countdown, 3 2 1, and then creates the hatchery and drones. I think the larva should already been created same for creep spread around the hatchery. I don't know if you could apply a buff to the hatch during 30sec so it spreads the creep 10x faster or something, but I think this sould be like a "real" game start. When the game starts right now, the larva are poping and are unselectable until they reach ground, I'm a player that makes the first worker before sending the others to mine. But on this map this cannot be done.
-I wonder if this would be great to make all units that count as army value, to count as nothing and make the creep to count as army value, so you know at the score screen graphic, when you built creep tumor, and when you didn't. This is just an idea however.
-In the Arcade info you say Daybreak is created by: WinparkPrime, then in-game and in the printscreen of the arcade, it says it is created by: Blizzard Entertainment... ?_?
-The GM icon has white pixels around it.
Edited by Fenix on 11/29/2012 10:30 AM PST
Good point: everything seems to work as it should.
Hi Fenix, thanks for taking the time to provide some great feedback. I'll try to address your points here as best as possible:
- I agree the dialog is somewhat clunky at the moment. Did you try using the "minimize" button next to the leaderboard? This helps things quite a bit. I'm planning on reworking it in the future and including a setup to allow the player to open/close the leaderboard by pressing Tab, or perhaps another key.
- I was planning on adding in a warning trigger when the timer goes below 75% (I will also include a switch to turn this warning off if you so choose). An additional notification that the timer expired is also a good idea.
- I've played several games on Master/GM and beat the insane AI using standard macro play...it can be done -- it's just not easy...if you end up losing any drones to the timer then it's really almost impossible. I'll continue to monitor this and consider changing it in the future if it continues to be too difficult so thanks for speaking up on this.
- This is a good point. What I will probably do when I have time is add a "custom" button that allows a player to use "sliders" and set the AI, Grace Period, Creep Timer, and Drones lost.
- The larva thing is also a good point. I like to make the worker first too and have noticed the issue here. I think I have some idea as to how to fix this. The creep issue might still persist but I don't think it's as important of an issue.
- I plan to integrate a custom scoreboard at the end of the game to show you the final tally for creep tumors...etc. I think that should solve this problem.
- WinParkPrime/Blizzard issue noted. I'll fix that.
- I'm aware the GM icon is a bit pixelated around the edges. I'll see if I can smooth it out in photoshop -- otherwise, just squint your eyes when you look at it ;)
Thanks again for playing and giving feedback. I've got some exciting plans for the future of this map.
Edited by Mythandier on 11/30/2012 9:43 AM PST
-For the Master/GM vs Insane, I just want to say that basicly, your map is to practice, if you can beat Insane AI, you most likely can do a pretty good creep spread. I think this map would be much more played with players around silver to diamond who still needs to pratice creap spread.
-Don't use Tab key to open/close dialogs. Tab is used in sub-group control. I would simply suggest you to use a small button on the screen or a text input.
Just in time for Christmas!
I have published a major update to the map which includes several fixes and added many new features such as:
- TheStaircase game mode (training method developed by The JaKaTaK)
- Options to enforce queen energy and supply blocks
- Warning timers
- New score screen
- Changed difficulty of master level (GM is still set to insane)
I need to change the key from Tab for the dialog but that will have to wait until after the holidays.
Main map page for feedback here:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.