zvz 10 pool vs 15 hatch

when you are the 10 pooler, do you try to focus the hatch down, or do you go straight in for some drone kills?
Reply Quote
I go for hatch... get him to cancel and i expand behind attack. If you get the cancel.. your ahead.
Reply Quote
Go for the hatch cancel, 6 lings won't do much against a properly micro'd drone line and when his lings pop it'll be too late to force the hatch cancel and he'll be massively ahead.
Reply Quote
10pool u go for the hatch cancel unless u pull all your drones and double crawler rush (1 at his main 1 at his nat)

but 15hatch holds 10pool and hes ahead on pretty much any map. 10pool is really silly build.
Reply Quote
if you pull drones you dive into his mineral line and make him fight.

if you don't pull drones, why are you 10pooling?
Reply Quote
if you pull drones you dive into his mineral line and make him fight.

if you don't pull drones, why are you 10pooling?

i have had the same question for a very long time, but even if u pull drones it makes no difference, you simply mineral walk away once u have 150 minerals + and build a queen at your natural, then build lings with remaining money, he kills your main and has a worthless crawler that he cant root at your nat...10pool is just silly.
Reply Quote
Lol 10 pool is the safest opening zvz in case of 6 poolers which I run into a lot. Plus you can macro out of it. Best thing is focus down the expo (depending when he put his pool down because sometimes you can snipe it when it still building and there is no way to mineral walk out to where it usually is so drones that come help will die) and then tech to banes and try to hit his min line with like 4. use the other 4 lings to go back home and defend in case he makes a ton of lings and tries to counter. Always make 8 lings to focus down the hatchery at the expo or it wont die in time...
Reply Quote
Cancel definitely puts you behind, if doesn't cost anything for the attacker, although technically it's costs something when you take a drone off line to scout, which is the usual case, and there is a cost to making lings rather than extra drones, so it's not necessarily a huge advantage for the attacker if the defender has droned up instead of scouting or making lings. Still, 150 minerals dead loss is a lot 3 minutes in.

So the attacker definitely has the initiative, whether he wins or not depends on what he does with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]