StarCraft® II

How to convert from Windows 8 back to windows

Hi Guys,

I upgraded to windows 8 and now my GPU doesnt work on my laptop. I have tried updating my drivers, uninstalling my GPU, going on my manufacturer website, going on my graphics card's website, and nothing has worked. I am using the AMD HD 6770M and I have had no luck whatsoever. Anyone have any idea of fixing this? Or how to convert back to windows 7 because I am having a hard time trying to figure this out too. Thanks for the help in advance!

My specs are:
HP DV6-6100 Pavilion CTO Quad Entertainment July 2011 Model
CPU: Intel i7 2630QM
GPU: AMD HD 6770M
RAM: 6 gigs of 1333Mhz
Resolution: 1366x768
Reply Quote
Your GPU is most definitely supported by Windows 8. Contact the manufacture for your GPU for further assistance. If it's not working then it's their driver/software that's the issue.

[EDIT:] Win8 Drivers not yet available: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5141401&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=ca

Call for futher support.
Edited by CSmith on 11/19/2012 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Get the latest beta drivers from AMD (12.11)
Reply Quote
I downloaded the beta drivers, however they do not work. Any other ideas? If I have to I will go back to windows 7.
Reply Quote
Return to Windows 7, this HP must be using propriety HD 6770M that prevents usage of normal drivers.
Reply Quote
Go back to Windows 7 its just better all around.
Reply Quote
how do you go back
Reply Quote
Unless you wiped your drive, if you chose to upgrade from Windows 7, Windows 8 has an option to revert to 7 within Control Panel
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]