StarCraft® II

This is ridiculous

No Zerg should have to have a drone at the bottom of his ramp on patrol just to stop from being walled in. I mean seriously why hasn't Blizzard added in the lowered supply depot at the bottom of the ramp like all tournys have?
Reply Quote
If it helps, the HotS maps have "unbuildiable rocks"
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=379530
Reply Quote
yea it is kinda wierd that this still exists. The only race it actually hurts is Zerg and it hurts baaaaaaad.
Reply Quote
If it helps, the HotS maps have "unbuildiable rocks"
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=379530

It helps alittle but its annoying that EVERY little thing has to wait for HoTS
Reply Quote
Going to be fixed in HOTS (I still think it should be fixed in WOL though).

But yeah, I absolutely hate when people respond with "Just patrol a drone on the bottom of your ramp!" it puts up behind economically and it happens so rarely that there's no point in doing it for 95% of our games, but for the 5% of our games it's basically a free win for the Toss if they put 3-4 cannons at their ramp (for proxy roach rush) and then kill our nydus networks with their workers (yes they can do that).
Reply Quote
Honestly if they get 3 pylons up I just leave the game, it's a waste of time.

In HotS, and in every tournament they have neutral depots.

So I agree with you, but I don't see any point in crying about it. Just leave and hit find match again.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 06:32 PMPosted by uwuMavvie
Honestly if they get 3 pylons up I just leave the game, it's a waste of time.

nah dont do that. just make sure u get ur drone scout out there before hand and expand. He will put so much into that contain and thinking he has you by the ventral sacs that he will rage quit when u show up on his doorstep with a bunch of roachs from ur ninja expo
Reply Quote
STEP UP YOUR GAME ZERG!!!

Step 1: See pylon wall
Step 1.5: Panic
Step 2: Select ALL your workers to the wall
Step 3: With workers selected right click a mineral in your natural.
Step 4: Your workers will then stack up near the wall. Attack 1 of the pylons.
Step 5: ALL of your workers will take a bite at the pylon (since stacked) and you will do immense damage.
Step 6: Restack, Re attack
Step 7: Eat free minerals protoss has provided to you.
Reply Quote

Step 5: ALL of your workers will take a bite at the pylon (since stacked) and you will do immense damage.
People keep saying that this was patched but I don't think it is. But Seriously neutral supply depo blizz come on -.-
Reply Quote

doesnt work on all maps
Reply Quote

problem is first off that's a huge waste of time second the protoss would've already started cannon production if he saw u bring every thing down and thirdly ur screwed if u do that cause ur not getting any minerals while doing that.
Reply Quote

It's posted by MappyTinFoil, possibly the most biased terran player/ toss supporter I've seen. What do you expect.
Reply Quote
If you have a not-greedy hatch timing it's not a problem really, and I think a little less greedy play would be good for the game anyhow. You can also place your first hatch at a place other than your natural and end up ahead, since your opponent is almost always so allin after they wallin your ramp that scouting for a ninja expo would kill them economically.
Reply Quote
@Artisian

No, just no. Zergs take either a 15 pool or a 13 pool to guarantee getting up the hatch. The 15 pool is so that your natural wont get cannoned. If a protoss can pylon ramp block, it means you have to go up to 3 bases. Zerg V T or P can not win. CAN NOT WIN 1 base. They can not, the zerg early game army is extremely weak until you get them to swarm like numbers. The only thing you can do vs a 3 pylon ramp block is start a roach warren, get double gas until you have 100, then only mine off 1 geyser, get speed, then make roaches as you have the gas available, and speedlings as fillers, sometimes you can break the protoss natural wall and win, other times you straight up lose. This is the worst type of build and I have 0 respect for any noob who does it.
Reply Quote
just got done beating this. used my scout to take a ninja expand and pumped roaches from. he didnt have anything but 1 zealot when i attacked with 12 roaches
Reply Quote
This happens predominantly on short two player maps cause he knows where you are at. Check your replays for the timings to know when he has the money to start these shenanigans.
Always, always, always move your second ovie to spot for the probe.
Try to 12 or 13 drone scout so you have a drone out on the map.

Now you can do one of two things. Lose money by pulling 2 to 4 drones to kill the probe or you can laugh all the way to the bank as he spends a ton of money on pylons and cannons. All that money delays his expansion and/or gateways. And remember you have a drone out on the map so your expo is not delayed.

If he blocks your ramp then that’s money spent on 3 pylons backed by one or two cannons. If he cannons your mineral line he has to use 2 pylons and 2 to 3 cannons. That is about 600 minerals that he could have used for a Nexus and Gateways.

For the ramp block, drone and queen up. On the first queen plant a tumor before inject. Build 2 spines and use them and queens to take out the pylons. Use lings for the cannons after the pylons are down. If he backs up his cannons with more pylons that is more money wasted. He still does not have vision of the high ground so your spines and queens can take out the cannons.

For the cannoned mineral line it is somewhat similar. Spread creep for spine crawlers and take out the pylons. If the cannons are not well placed a pack of 16 to 20 should do the trick.
But first things first, kill that probe before he can do any more damage.

Or you can tech up and roach/nydus his main. Remember when he does this he is saying I will delay my economy hoping to delay your economy even more. Use that drone scout to prove him wrong. He cannot get an expo up and build units to take out your third before you can take out his ramp block and get units to protect it. You can also build units to protect your third, avoiding the mineral block as you take it down.

tl;dr
Review your replays to see what you can do. Kill that probe, or take your third while you deal with the other stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]