LOL Blizz balance

So great they are gonna nerf infestor and no buffs to any other z unit to compensate (Hydras need some fn help already).

Do they not even here the community at all? Yes people complained about infestor but they also admited without infestor z is at a huge dissadvantage and something would have to be buffed to compensate.

Do we get that? No just proposed infestor nerfs. Jesus christ blizz shouldnt you realize by now if we cant even use our units late game and have to rely on spine walls and bl infestor to win maybe that should tell you somehting about the rest of our units???? Its not like we didnt try em, roach/hydra flop, ling/bane/muta-flop (to any terran smart enough to realize a couple missle turrets can stop a flock of muta).

Anyway I really dont play much anymore as just not impressed with New Blizz and HOTS is looking even worse but its just amazing how bad they can be.

Hmm lets look back why was the infestor made so strong oh yes cause z was a fn laughing stock of a race it was just the warm up punching bag for a fight in a tourney. So lets just go nerf the infestor now with no buff elsewhere and see what happens (gonna be hard to predict this one).

If your gonna nerf infestor could you at least finally consider nerfing rines too? I am sure toss wouldnt mind not having to sweat a mass rine all in and need perfect fn ff to stop it every time (oh what that terran main unit it will never get fixed just ours)
Reply Quote
No, Zerg units are really good, the reasons zergs rely on mass infestors is not because the other units are bad, its because infestors are better. I have lost to infestorless plays before
Reply Quote
No, Zerg units are really good,.... I have lost to infestorless plays before

Bad logic?
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Toortanga

Bad logic?

How so? Infestors are only made in mass because they make zergs nearly unstoppable, pure roach with macro and crush a mech army, ling bling muta can crush marine tank and bio plays. Infestors were hardly used for a long time and at that time the win rates were 50%
Reply Quote
So great they are gonna nerf infestor and no buffs to any other z unit to compensate (Hydras need some fn help already).

Do they not even here the community at all? Yes people complained about infestor but they also admited without infestor z is at a huge dissadvantage and something would have to be buffed to compensate.

Do we get that? No just proposed infestor nerfs. Jesus christ blizz shouldnt you realize by now if we cant even use our units late game and have to rely on spine walls and bl infestor to win maybe that should tell you somehting about the rest of our units???? Its not like we didnt try em, roach/hydra flop, ling/bane/muta-flop (to any terran smart enough to realize a couple missle turrets can stop a flock of muta).

Anyway I really dont play much anymore as just not impressed with New Blizz and HOTS is looking even worse but its just amazing how bad they can be.

Hmm lets look back why was the infestor made so strong oh yes cause z was a fn laughing stock of a race it was just the warm up punching bag for a fight in a tourney. So lets just go nerf the infestor now with no buff elsewhere and see what happens (gonna be hard to predict this one).

If your gonna nerf infestor could you at least finally consider nerfing rines too? I am sure toss wouldnt mind not having to sweat a mass rine all in and need perfect fn ff to stop it every time (oh what that terran main unit it will never get fixed just ours)

yea, np is being nerfed. So lets buff the rest of zerg to compensate for a skill that is almost never used anyway.

Its not that zerg units are bad, im so tired of hearing that. Its this, if you could make infestors? why would you even bother making everything else? Why does zerg NEED to make other units when they can make 1 unit to counter everything.

Did i mention the NP nerf doesnt even change anything in tvz?

Also, muta ling bane is still used in GSL, i suppose they just like to use flop compositions?
Edited by John on 11/17/2012 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Nasreth
Did i mention the NP nerf doesnt even change anything in tvz?

We're upset about the likelihood that fungal will be changed, as it was mentioned several times in the article for HotS. The current state of balance for HotS still has us relying on the infestor quite a bit, so any changes to fungal severely effect our gameplay.

Neural parasite has already been gimped to hell. And yes, NP does make a difference in TvZ in some scenarios. The only units it is ever useful on are thors, motherships, archons, and immortals. This change will take away 2 of those. I only research neural when I play against mech and against late game protoss, but now I see no use in it. Blizzard obviously doesn't want neural to be used on the pro scene, that's the only reason they could possibly have for implementing these changes.

NP is just as effective in tvz. I agree however that it was a stupid nerf, no one was complaining about np.

And wait? Changes to the infestor will effect your gameplay? kind of like every single terran nerf has made terran have to adjust? Yes you may have to change your gameplay a bit.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe zerg needs to be slightly weaker than they are now? What good does it do if the infestor is nerfed, the rest of zerg is buffed,and everything stays the same. Terran is getting crushed in tournaments. In my opinion at least zerg does need to be slightly weaker, or terran slightly stronger
Reply Quote
if they nerf fungal and not forcefields im done till hots
Reply Quote
I wonder about the fungal growth. Like, a Toss masses voids, which i mean the only way to beat that is with fungals. I can use hydras but the voids if even we are both at 3/3, he will out damage me and devour my army, but if I fungal along with Hydra support, the voids all die, explode, and I laugh all the way to their main.
Reply Quote
Zerg would be underpowered without the existing infestor.
Reply Quote
good thing that will come out of this is all the bandwagon will empty so i wont have os many zvzs. all zvps tho till forcefield gets everyones attention
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Nightwolf
good thing that will come out of this is all the bandwagon will empty so i wont have os many zvzs. all zvps tho till forcefield gets everyones attention

Bliz dealing with FFs is kinda tricky, protoss actually need it to survive early game sadly, so toss would need to get a buff and a nerf if you want force fields nerfed lol
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Zerglor

Bliz dealing with FFs is kinda tricky, protoss actually need it to survive early game sadly, so toss would need to get a buff and a nerf if you want force fields nerfed lol

Zerg need infestors to survive the midgame equally as much as Protoss needs their forcefields in the early game.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:56 PMPosted by tBz

Zerg need infestors to survive the midgame equally as much as Protoss needs their forcefields in the early game.

actually no, no they dont. with zergs ability to quickly secure their third they easily get a strong mid game, alot of zergs I play dont even make infestors til the late game. but protoss make sentries early game every game I play because they HAVE too.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Zerglor
actually no, no they dont. with zergs ability to quickly secure their third they easily get a strong mid game, alot of zergs I play dont even make infestors til the late game. but protoss make sentries early game every game I play because they HAVE too.

Without infestors zerg would lose 90% of their ZvP due to the mid-game 7gate robo. I will repeat: Zerg *needs* the infestor to survive the mid game.

EDIT: Yes, hydra's are an option to hold off a 7gate robo, but a good protoss just backs out and gets collosi and which point in time the zerg loses. With infestors it allows Zerg to survive the 7gate robo and then still be competent vs colossi. If Blizzard is to nerf the infestor they *need* to buff the hydra or nerf the colossi, one of the two, take your pick.
Edited by tBz on 11/17/2012 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Zerglor

Zergs ability to quickly secure a third doesnt give them the ability actually engage a protoss army in the early mid game. If lings are what counters stalkers and immortals then what works if thosse lings never reach the target. watching BWC really shows this because zergs supply isnt skyrocketing past anyone nowdays like it did when they didnt expand.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Toortanga

Bad logic?

Bad player.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:43 PMPosted by LightningWar

Bad logic?

Bad player.

or maybe zerg units are, you know, useful? Infestors are just so good theres no point to make anything else. thats what put zerg under the delusion that they "need" them.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Zerglor
or maybe zerg units are, you know, useful? Infestors are just so good theres no point to make anything else. thats what put zerg under the delusion that they "need" them.

Zergs werent doing anything preinfestor craze. They had the fewest wins in mlg history. Your choices were roach hydra which is just bad, or ling bling muta which can work but muta harass is dying if not dead already. Terran play is macro heavy now and everything in that comp just dies outright. Can zerg win without infestors? yes absolutely, but not often enough to call in balanced. ling bling vs bio takes up to much larvae to be effective to heavy marine production for example.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]