StarCraft® II

[Very short Guide] Practice Zerg creeping

Have you ever looked for a Zerg creep practice map with something challenging? Why don't you make your own in 2 minutes...maybe 5?

Open the editor. Load a Melee map that you found on the net probably or your own melee map.

Open the trigger editor and create a new trigger. Name it whatever you want.

And make this in the Action:
http://i.imgur.com/tuAPA.jpg

General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
---Conditions
---Actions
------General - Wait 0.5 Game Time seconds
------Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Any units in (Entire map) owned by player Any Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) and do (Actions)
---------Actions
------------General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
---------------If
-----------------(Creep is present at (Position of (Picked unit))) == False
---------------Then
-----------------Unit - Add 1 Zerg - Building Not On Creep to (Picked unit) from (Picked unit)
---------------Else
-----------------Unit - Remove 1 Zerg - Building Not On Creep from (Picked unit)

From there, you only need to add a Run Trigger in the melee initialization. This will make the units that are offcreep to slowly die. You can actually set the player to be Zerg by default and you could also add computers with a few more tweaks. You can also set these trigger to only Player 1 so the destructible rocks and the computers won't be affected. And you can also set the wait to be up to 0.08sec at max. But you don't need that fast ;)

So, this makes Zerg creep a much more big challenge because if you run offcreep, you will eventually die. A little note about this: creep don't spread on cliffs, this means if you leave an air unit over a cliff, it will be offcreep and get damage.

Note: I've just done that in like 3 min for fun and it was working so well that I just decided to post it here. I don't know however if there are any bugs about it... such as if you have alot of units if it makes lag or such.
Edited by Fenix on 11/18/2012 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]