StarCraft® II

Heart Of The Swarm - Hybrid Exploration.

Recommend BW campaign knowledge before reading.

I was just wondering as a start that when Kerrigan is in the process of recovering her Broods will she encounter Broods under the Hybrids control, will the hybrids be in stasis cells (still being genetically perfected? Like in the secret mission of the Zerg campaign in BW). Will it play out like it did with the Protoss missions in Wings? How will Kerrigan react being partly, at least more sane and seeing these monstrosities. Will we see Duran/ Prof Narud (same person) try to get back into the Swarm and try to trick Kerrigan into trusting him? What happens if Jimmy Raynor see's Narud as Duran or Kerrigan and Jimmy discovering that Duran/Narud is the same person? Can hybrids even control Zerg Broods? They managed to en salve a Protoss base and Preservers in Wings so how far does their control exert. We saw the Hybrids in control of the Zerg during the last Protoss mission of Wings, how are they able to control them? Being a splice of Zerg and Protoss doesn't give them control over the Broods or Protoss does it? Or is it the Dark Voice in control of the Protoss/ Zerg?

So many questions that don't even delve to far into the story. Is it possible to answer some of them now pre release? Post any thoughts or knowledge below :)
Reply Quote
I bet the hybrids will start controlling several feral broods. In fact, there is a pretty free number of Zerg on Aiur ripe for the taking...
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Wiz
What about the hybrid that broke out of the test tube from the WOL Secret mission? We set it free by mistake. so we probably will see hybrids walking around and !@#$.

Well, in Flashpoint, Mengsk had claimed that the hybrid Narud released was under his control, that Narud could control it with a psychic call or something.

So I'm guessing the one at Castanar was the same thing. Right now Mengsk is convinced Narud is loyal to him, so he'd probably ask the doctor to find a way to contain that hybrid.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Wiz
What about the hybrid that broke out of the test tube from the WOL Secret mission? We set it free by mistake. so we probably will see hybrids walking around and !@#$.
I believe it was implied at some point that the Hyperion blew the station to ash afterwards.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 11/23/2012 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
I believe it was implied at some point that the Hyperion blew the station to ash afterwards.

You don't know that. Maybe the hybrid destroyed the complex itself and is now stuck in the ruins.
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 11:57 PMPosted by ragnarok

You don't know that. Maybe the hybrid destroyed the complex itself and is now stuck in the ruins.

In a trailer (I believe Blizzard released) you discover that Hybrids can traverse space so it is unlikely to be limited to a rubble station assuming it survives the blast.
Reply Quote

In a trailer (I believe Blizzard released) you discover that Hybrids can traverse space so it is unlikely to be limited to a rubble station assuming it survives the blast.

Link me to that trailer. You may be right, but I want to see it for myself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]