StarCraft® II

WCS Finals by the numbers.

Players:

15 - Zerg
13 - Protoss
4 - Terran

Finishes:

4 - Protoss in top 10, take all top 3 spots.
6 - Zerg in top 10
0 - Terran in top 10. Terrans top finisher was 15th place.

Groups:

8 Groups in group stage. 5 of those groups had no terran players in it.
1 Group had all Zerg in it.
The rest were mixed.

IMO: This makes for a boring tournament. I watched the first day but then I had to turn it off. ZvZ is not fun to watch. The state of ZvP is stale right now. The only time it gets interesting is when the Protoss player does a stargate opening, but problem is he just loses when he does. So what we end up with is the same game over and over again. PvP is broken into 4 gates and Collossi wars. I didn't see the finals but I heard there was 4 gate builds in it and they still work.

There was some good things going on at this tourney though, its not all bad. Its just a bummer when the worst part about the tourney was (some of) the games themselves.
Reply Quote
Having lots of Terran and sitting through TvT's is far worse then the ZvZ's we got.

also ZvZ's are dynamic and crazy micro battles that make for some of the best games to watch.

td;dr
It wasn't boring for everyone.
And not every event will be perfectly 33.3% for each race.
Reply Quote
IMO: Zerg is just fun to watch no matter what!
Reply Quote
Players:

15 - Zerg
13 - Protoss
4 - Terran

Finishes:

4 - Protoss in top 10, take all top 3 spots.
6 - Zerg in top 10
0 - Terran in top 10. Terrans top finisher was 15th place.

Groups:

8 Groups in group stage. 5 of those groups had no terran players in it.
1 Group had all Zerg in it.
The rest were mixed.

IMO: This makes for a boring tournament. I watched the first day but then I had to turn it off. ZvZ is not fun to watch. The state of ZvP is stale right now. The only time it gets interesting is when the Protoss player does a stargate opening, but problem is he just loses when he does. So what we end up with is the same game over and over again. PvP is broken into 4 gates and Collossi wars. I didn't see the finals but I heard there was 4 gate builds in it and they still work.

There was some good things going on at this tourney though, its not all bad. Its just a bummer when the worst part about the tourney was (some of) the games themselves.

Hmm... when most people think games are boring and stale, they just quit =/

What stupidity has brought you to do otherwise?
Reply Quote
You misspelled Sakic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]