StarCraft® II

Final Stand PRP

Humanity has been pushed to the brink of extinction by the Zerg and Protoss. For three decades, they have been waging a merciless war against the Terrans, glassing and infesting every planet that fell, and leaving the Terrans without a way out. Slowly but surely they were forced to a single planet in the Koprulu Sector and then they set out for Earth, finding more established resistance, but nothing they weren't able to whittle away at. Three bastions of human resistance remain, Earth, Korhal IV and Mars, which was finally made habitable three years before the Fall of Humanity began. In those three years, it was turned into a military bastion, armed with ever upgraded weaponry, and is also the place where Project Final Flash was carried out. This project is the reason Humanity is still surviving. It produced the Artemis soldiers, genetically altered and modified super soldiers that could stand toe to toe with the most elite of Protoss warriors and put them to shame. You are soldier among the human ranks, Artemis or otherwise, and you are part of a force dedicated to helping humanity rise again, not just continue to exist. However, things look bleak. First you must reestablish communications with the other two planets, a dangerous task with Infested and Zealots prowling the halls of the long range communications towers, and who knows what else. Then you have to rebuild your fleets, but the shipyards are overrun with Zerg and Protoss forces, including things never before seen. Both tasks are extremely dangerous, but possible with a proper amount of teamwork. Pick up your weapon, show your heart of courage, and lead the charge to reclaim Humanity's future, or make your final stand. The choice, is up to you.

This RP is going to very story driven, but subplots are allowed. Just, try not to derail the RP. Here is your application sheet.

^RPer^
Name:
Soldier type: (Artemis or something you make. Use your imagination.)
Appearance: (Terran only. No exceptions. I mean it.)
Armament:
Abilities: (As many as you feel you need, but be reasonable.)
Backstory:
Starting planet:
Edited by Zarkun on 11/19/2012 9:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
^MarkusDaWise^
Name: Roxane Gillman
Appearance: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/shae-vizla?before=1334332093
Soldier Type: Infantry
Armament: Sniper rifle and handgun. Combat knife (Armor is in the pic^^)
Abilities: If I need this, I will add it in.
Backstory: Being the youngest of eight siblings really got to her. She can be defensive, irritable and impatient. She can be humble, giving and a peace-maker through all of that, too. After training alone at her ranch with the family, it finally became time to submit a application for the military. With the dire need for soldiers, they gladly accepted her even though she was not a straight A student. She takes pride in her ability to shoot a quarter from a mile away with her favorite rifle and still kill enemies with her handgun up close. She dispises the zerg, but has a strange admiration for the protoss.
Starting planet: Earth

^MechaGhidrah^

Name: James Boelcke
Soldier Type: Combat Pilot
Appearance: Tall and thin with dirty blond hair and blue eyes.
Armamant: Handgun for defense
Abilities: Errrr pilot vehicle???
Backstory: James comes from a long line of combat pilots dating back to the famous Oswald Boelcke who flew for Germany in WW1 and wrote the rules for aerial combat. James father was one of the best pilots on Earth but he died of a heart attack. James was drafted into Black Cat wraith squadron even though he is a year to young to legally fly. He has just gotten out of the week long flight school and will soon see combat.
Starting Planet: Earth

Special Notes: James flies a Wraith.

^Jake^
Name: Mason Wener

Soldier type: Terran Militia (Essentially a bunch of civilians with guns thrown into their hands, given orders, then tossed into the front lines. If they by some miracle survive their first mission, they're drafted into the military for more extensive training)

Appearance: A slim, but toned physical body, with a tan skin color and dark brown eyes. His hair style is a buzz cut with little to no facial hair.

Armament:
>>Outdated Carbine (4.85x49 Enfield Rounds)
>>.357 Revolver
>>Neo-steel Serrated Combat Knife
>>Basic Flak Armour (They may as well be wearing cardboard for what they're going up against)
>>Military Fatigues
>>Gun Maintance Kit

Abilities: None

Backstory: Born and raised in the bustling cities of Korhal, Mason led a fairly normal life before the aliens came. Above-average grades in school, though asocial, and gymnastics each week as well as daily excercises with his father kept him in shape both mentally and physically.

When the aliens attacked at age 12, his entire family was slaughtered by the Zerg right before his eyes as he was jammed into a truck before being brought to a refugee camp. He was too young to even be put in the militia at the time, but he constantly excercised so that he would be fit for duty when the day came. Anything to leave the excuse for a refugee camp, where food was scarce and even basic hygene needs only barely met.

Well, he got what he wanted, drafted three years later, but he will soon regret his decision...

Starting planet: Korhal

^Jester^
Name: Soren Talmerez
Soldier type: Artemis Engineer
Appearance: Bald, 6 foot 4, heavy build, scar running down left eye to lip.
Armament: Automatic Shotgun, C-22 Guass Rifle
Abilities:
Technopathy: Manipulates machines and vehicles, allowing for remote control
Deploy Turret: Deploys a turret of his choice, weapon varies from flamethrowers to rockets
Backstory: Earth-born trooper with a unique aptitude with technology. Was stationed on Mars as a guard for a research station before the invasion had begun, and now fights to survive and find others before it is too late.
Starting planet: Mars

Note: Can control Protoss vehicles as well as terran vehicles.

^Fencar^
Name: Fencar
Soldier Type: Ghost.
Appearance: 6'6", broad shoulders, auburn hair.
Armamant: C-10 Canister Rifle VI, multiple Lockdown rounds, EMP grenades, a few dozen high-caliber rounds.
Abilities: Cloak, Snipe, extensive Telekinesis. Can detonate an EMP grenade while it's wired into his suit to recharge energy in a pinch.
Backstory: Rated a 10 on the Psi index. One of the last Ghosts remaining, he hasn't gotten this far for nothing. Managed to get back to Korhal IV via crash-landed Phoenix. Has a long history with the Protoss.

Notes: I don't count EMP and Lockdown as abilities because there is ammo for that. Snipe I do count because you actually Psionically charge the bullet to do more damage. I will expand his backstory when I have time and ideas.

^Dacder^
Name:Jurassic Conquest (Real name: Lenny Dud)
Soldier type: "Heavy Infantry"
Appearance: Huge, 6'8, 285 pounds, black skin color, bald, large football jersey when not in combat, Black and Green uniform in combat, large pants, black boots.
Armament:MI-68 Personal Minigun, Riot Shield, AK-145 Machine gun, Magnum pistol.
Abilities: Strength (Self-explanatory).
Backstory:Was a Defensive linemen before the war started, he signed up quick, and went around places. He got his nickname from his commander in training camp, and was sent to mars where was just now put into Soren's unit.
Starting planet:Mars

^darkra^
Name: Dark Alpha (John Strife)
Soldier Type: "infiltration"
Appearance: strong but not bulky(average sized). white skin colour, white hair, red eyes, TX-4 360 infiltrator battle suit
Armament: TX-CR lasrifle, TX-150 Tower shield(its actually a tine rectangle to start out with but expands), and psi-katana(pretty much a katana but the blade edge is a laser)
Abilities: cloak(short period), Tower shield can be dug into a ground(if its not metal) to form cover, and Dark sight(see through walls)
Backstory: *unknown*

^CrymsonRaven^
PROJECT: FINAL FLASH

Subject, Wolf Mother...

[*******************************************]
l*******************************************l
l*******************************************l
[*******************************************]

Corrupted file detected, please reconstruct profile...

Age, early twenties...
Eye color, Ice Blue...
Body type, light and lithe...
Hair color, Auburn...
Skin color, pale...
5' 7", 147 lbs...
Features, freckles on both cheeks, dimples...

Artemis, Special Operations and Reconnaissance division...
Tactical Reconnaissance armor, hooded mask...
Semi-Auto Reaper Sniper System, Burst-Fire Tactical SMG, Combat Knife...
Recon Drone, Proximity Mine, SOFLAM...

History, -Classified-...
Edited by Zarkun on 11/21/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looks cool but i was hopin to be Zerg.......

EDIT: Ill join Zerg or not.
Edited by MechaGhidrah on 11/19/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry, but this is intended to see what things would be like from the Terran standpoint and most of the story is vested in that. The Zerg and Protoss standpoints are fairly straightforward for this matter.
Reply Quote
To join... or not to join... Ah why not?

^MarkusDaWise^
Name: Roxane Gillman
Appearance: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/shae-vizla?before=1334332093
Soldier Type: Infantry
Armament: Sniper rifle and handgun. Combat knife (Armor is in the pic^^)
Abilities: If I need this, I will add it in.
Backstory: Being the youngest of eight siblings really got to her. She can be defensive, irritable and impatient. She can be humble, giving and a peace-maker through all of that, too. After training alone at her ranch with the family, it finally became time to submit a application for the military. With the dire need for soldiers, they gladly accepted her even though she was not a straight A student. She takes pride in her ability to shoot a quarter from a mile away with her favorite rifle and still kill enemies with her handgun up close. She dispises the zerg, but has a strange admiration for the protoss.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 11/21/2012 12:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Can I get your armor too? And read the edited OP please. And maybe be more specific on your weapons. You know, caliber or type of sniper rifle and pistol.

For everyone else, I edited the OP.
Edited by Zarkun on 11/19/2012 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Define this please:

11/19/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Zarkun
It produced the Artemis soldiers, genetically altered and modified super soldiers that could stand toe to toe with the most elite of Protoss warriors and put them to shame.
I'm not sure what "the most elite of Protoss warriors" are. If you're talking about DT's, Ghosts beat 'em pretty handily with one EMP and a Snipe.
Edited by Fencar on 11/19/2012 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't know why I all of the sudden want to make a female character xD
Reply Quote
Ill join!!~!!!!

<MechaGhidrah>

Name: James Boelcke
Soldier Type: Combat Pilot
Appearance: Tall and thin with dirty blond hair and blue eyes.
Armamant: Handgun for defense
Abilities: Errrr pilot vehicle???
Backstory: James comes from a long line of combat pilots dating back to the famous Oswald Boelcke who flew for Germany in WW1 and wrote the rules for aerial combat. James father was one of the best pilots on Earth but he died of a heart attack. James was drafted into Black Cat wraith squadron even though he is a year to young to legally fly. He has just gotten out of the week long flight school and will soon see combat.
Starting Planet: Earth

Special Notes: James flies a Wraith.
Edited by MechaGhidrah on 11/20/2012 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looks good, but choose between the name Black Cat or Black Wrath. If you fly a wraith, add that in a special notes section.
Reply Quote
I meant it is the Black Cat wraith squadron. Did not mean to caps it
Reply Quote
^Jake^
Name: Mason Wener

Soldier type: Terran Militia (Essentially a bunch of civilians with guns thrown into their hands, given orders, then tossed into the front lines. If they by some miracle survive their first mission, they're drafted into the military for more extensive training)

Appearance: A slim, but toned physical body, with a tan skin color and dark brown eyes. His hair style is a buzz cut with little to no facial hair.

Armament:
>>Outdated Carbine (4.85x49 Enfield Rounds)
>>.357 Revolver
>>Neo-steel Serrated Combat Knife
>>Basic Flak Armour (They may as well be wearing cardboard for what they're going up against)
>>Military Fatigues
>>Gun Maintance Kit

Abilities: None

Backstory: Born and raised in the bustling cities of Korhal, Mason led a fairly normal life before the aliens came. Above-average grades in school, though asocial, and gymnastics each week as well as daily excercises with his father kept him in shape both mentally and physically.

When the aliens attacked at age 12, his entire family was slaughtered by the Zerg right before his eyes as he was jammed into a truck before being brought to a refugee camp. He was too young to even be put in the militia at the time, but he constantly excercised so that he would be fit for duty when the day came. Anything to leave the excuse for a refugee camp, where food was scarce and even basic hygene needs only barely met.

Well, he got what he wanted, drafted three years later, but he will soon regret his decision...

Starting planet: Korhal
Edited by Jake on 11/20/2012 8:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looks good Jake. Just sad no one wants to try Mars or Korhal. There's a unique assignments and story per planet.
Reply Quote
I guess I could switch to korhal. I just didn't want to do Mars because it's more or less a planet sized military bastion.
Reply Quote
Well, there's really just a main compound with most of the military might there. It's up to you.
Reply Quote
Jake yo-your back!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
...Yes. Yes I am, I'm not gone until my computer, my kindle, my dad's laptop, and my dad's kindle all spontaniously combust, and even then I would probably want a kindle for christmas. So until the day I die, I'll spill my he-I mean, I won't be gone for good until I die.
Reply Quote
^Jester^
Name: Soren Talmerez
Soldier type: Psionic Engineer
Appearance: Bald, 6 foot 4, heavy build, scar running down left eye to lip.
Armament: Automatic Shotgun, Revolver
Abilities:
Technopathy: Manipulates machines and vehicles, allowing for remote control
Deploy Turret: Deploys a turret of his choice, weapon varies from flamethrowers to rockets
Backstory: Earth-born trooper with a unique aptitude with technology. Was stationed on Mars as a guard for a research station before the invasion had begun, and now fights to survive and find others before it is too late.
Starting planet: Mars

Note: Can control Protoss vehicles as well as terran vehicles.
Edited by Jester on 11/21/2012 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Excellent. I'll get the last details of your first mission written up, and we'll get started.
Reply Quote
Updated my char. Sheet :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]