StarCraft® II

Final Stand PRP

11/21/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Zarkun
This is well after Legacy of the Void. It's why things are playing out the way they are. And there's a search bar specifically for the JRB forums. Search Rave in it.
Is this what you're talking about? http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004042838?page=1#10

I can't figure out exactly what I'm supposed to copy, though? :/
Reply Quote
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

The new SC book takes place 2 years after WOL so that's 2506.

World ends at 2512 when DV invades. So LOTV is before and during 2512

That means the current time line is anything after 2512.

Somehow along the way, Terrans became the most hated species and were driven away from Koprulu. The UED somehow lost (against a war ravaged sector) and its is either dissolved as a new gov't took its place or now is being pushed back by the Zerg and Protoss who are helping each other.
Reply Quote
Morph, it's far enough in the future for their descendants to be key figures right now. That is Fen. Look at his dynamic past, his abilities and all that. it isn't just basic stuff.
Reply Quote
OK, I'll try to think of something. All I can think of right now is extensive telekinesis. I'm not very good at thinking up new abilities. :/

I've edited his character sheet a bit.
Edited by Fencar on 11/21/2012 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Zarkun
I feel a need that constantly restricting yourself based on the game is hurting your ability to RP. Think outside the game. I mean it. It'll give your character more depth. Accepted though.

@Fencar
Since it is set further along the timeline of the SC universe (however many artistic liberties we RPers take with the universe), you are allowed a much greater degree of freedom in designing your character's gear and abilities. This "depth" that Zarkun mention really is only that.

Sure, great abilities and awesome gear is nice but it really should not be the #1 priority in a RP. Those things can always be acquired later on. Thus, you should be fine right now with your basic equipment if you have nothing else to think of. Really, it is not priority especially at such an early stage of the RP. The most important thing in a RP is character interactions with their environment and how they respond to that. That is the only way to add real "depth" to your character by fleshing them out and developing them. Everything else is just dessert.

Of course, remember that the actions should reflect the character's behavior and the likelihood of them responding that way.
Reply Quote
Not what I meant in the least. I just meant he's limiting his combat ability.
Reply Quote
That's exactly what I meant and how else will you improve your combat ability without gear and creating abilities or enhancement? I'm saying that he should not stress over it because he will get a feel for his character and then be able to make designs that will fit his character. A new RPer should concentrate on RPing before stressing about these little things. Besides, he has a ghost template to work with. He will figure it out.
Edited by smylez on 11/21/2012 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, you're not being very clear about it. :/

I want to RP as I go for now, I've added another ability, and changed "some telekinesis" to "extensive telekinesis".

Edit: What smylez said.
Edited by Fencar on 11/21/2012 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Would you like help or do you prefer to handle it yourself Fencar?
Reply Quote
I'd like help if possible against Zerg; my move-set is terribly low. While Lockdown and EMP are great against Protoss, I can't figure out how to beat Zerg except by spamming Snipe (see my posts, I almost always use Psi-charged bullets) and using Telekinesis to alter projectile paths and explosions, and that doesn't work so well against large amounts of units.
Edited by Fencar on 11/21/2012 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
The first thing that you must do is get rid of the idea that SC2 gameplay is the same as lore. This means that RPing within the SC2 universe is not subjected to the same rules and laws that govern SC2 gameplay. A ghost is not restricted to using the C-10 canister or other forms of equipment

Now, back to your question. One way to do abilities is to look at SC2 campaign abilities and copy/modify them to fit your own if you have trouble. In addition, reading the SC wiki on ghosts and psi abilities is another good way to start.

Armamant: C-10 Canister Rifle VI, multiple Lockdown rounds, EMP grenades, a few dozen high-caliber rounds.
Abilities: Cloak, Snipe, extensive Telekinesis. Can detonate an EMP grenade while it's wired into his suit to recharge energy in a pinch.
Backstory: Rated a 10 on the Psi index.

You have a 10 on the Psi Index which makes you a Nova/Sarah Kerrigan. Thus, you can go telekinesis or pyrokinesis or a combination of both.

Telekinesis generally has more utility but less destructive force on demand compared to pyrokinesis. Telekinesis can also be used to literally rip the enemy apart or blast them away with a "mind" wave of sort.

With that high of a psi index, your energy pool is fairly large and you should be able to utilize a psyblade with little effort. You can use fragmentation grenades instead of EMP. You're still a human soldier in the end. There will be access to supplies of ammunition and explosives. Unless you run out of course. Then you end up being an Infested Kerrigan...
Edited by smylez on 11/21/2012 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
^TheLostMorph^
Name: Oraia
Soldier type: Last surviving member of the group Raynor's Raiders, Gen V Spectre
Appearance: fiery red hair, 5' 10", lithe, small but extremely strong and toned muscles,
Armament: the last creations of Egon Stetmann IV he died: Modified self repairing Spectre suit, Proton rifle, Class 5 warp blade given as a gift from Zeratul (hey its zeratul he likes terrans even in the midst of a war like this i doubt he would condone the actions of his brotheren)
Abilities: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Mind bomb, warp-cloak
Backstory: the last person to join the raiders she did so at only 18 years old and has fought tooth and nail to survive since then in the war that has been going on. when Raynor died she took command and kept the raiders going and the Hyperion alive. now with noone else from the raiders remaining alive and the Hyperion almost destroyed she warps the almost crippled cruiser to Korhal hoping to land with out getting killed herself. she also went through the Spectre conditioning process being the last one to do so and one of very few to remain unchanged by the process. rates an 11 on psi-index
Starting planet: Korhal

hope ya like it typed this up in about 20 minutes
Edited by TheLostMorph on 11/21/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, you'll need to be more specific than just Stetmann. This is after DV is defeated and then add about...three or four hundred years Other than that, you look good.
Reply Quote
ummmm .....
also might want to check SS zarkun
better?
Edited by TheLostMorph on 11/21/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Add a first name denoting he's a descendant.
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 08:40 PMPosted by smylez
The first thing that you must do is get rid of the idea that SC2 gameplay is the same as lore. This means that RPing within the SC2 universe is not subjected to the same rules and laws that govern SC2 gameplay. A ghost is not restricted to using the C-10 canister or other forms of equipment
I do this a bit if you read my posts. I have used various levels of Snipe depending on my energy, I have used my power to jump high, I have used an EMP grenade to recharge my energy.

I use gameplay as a template because I know it well. I also like the C-10 canister rifle. :3

Now, back to your question. One way to do abilities is to look at SC2 campaign abilities and copy/modify them to fit your own if you have trouble. In addition, reading the SC wiki on ghosts and psi abilities is another good way to start.
I suppose I could use Mind Blast, though I don't like the ability too much I could use it on occasion.

You have a 10 on the Psi Index which makes you a Nova/Sarah Kerrigan. Thus, you can go telekinesis or pyrokinesis or a combination of both.

Telekinesis generally has more utility but less destructive force on demand compared to pyrokinesis. Telekinesis can also be used to literally rip the enemy apart or blast them away with a "mind" wave of sort.
Telekinesis all the way.

With that high of a psi index, your energy pool is fairly large and you should be able to utilize a psyblade with little effort. You can use fragmentation grenades instead of EMP. You're still a human soldier in the end. There will be access to supplies of ammunition and explosives. Unless you run out of course. Then you end up being an Infested Kerrigan...
I like EMP better. There also isn't much info on psyblades, but from the picture it looks like it's the same as a Zealot psyblade, so I'll just go off of that.

Thanks!
Edited by Fencar on 11/21/2012 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
@fencar
Zealots have Psi blades
Dark Templar have Warp blades
Reply Quote
Oooh, okay. Thanks.

I've added a modified Warp Blade to my armament.
Edited by Fencar on 11/21/2012 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ShadowFury^

Name: Kalris Railson

Soldier type: Psionic Devil
These Psionics trained from childbirth to fight, be it for self defense or for recruitment to the military. Most of them hold an artificial Psionic enhancer within their suits of armor. All of these Psionics are some of the toughest you'll find, but the ones that are to be looked out for aren't the biggest and toughest looking, but the thinnest and weakest looking...
Appearance: Thin build, one blue eye, one green, pitch black hair, and a small almost undetectable scar on right part of his bottom lip.

Armament: Katana, Combat knife, and a Blood Rifle.
Abilities:
Scorch: Psionics has come to the ability in which flame like energy can be formed and used as a weapon.
Energy Blast: A blast of pure Psionic energy.
Psionic Blade: A charge of Psionic energy goes through the sword.

Backstory:
This child grew up and was trained from the beginning. He was taught to never form bonds of any kind, for if he got too close, it could cause only suffering. Soon he learned of something that came down from his mother. Something evil. His ancestry were plagued by a malevolent being known as the Demon. He learned that through this being he would be able to defeat an army, but also he would lose all control, and if not strong enough, kill himself in the process.

When he learned how to wield his weaponry of choice, he became powerful, his Blood Rifle and Katana a gift from an old man with shining blue eyes. When the man came Kalris's mother was so surprised she was speechless, and when he questioned her, she simply replied with, "I can't tell you."

Soon his training turned to self discipline. And once the Protoss and Zerg became extreme threat he joined the military to find many men with powerful Psionics like him, and that they were trained from birth.
Starting planet: Korhal IV

^ShadowFury^
Name: Terrance Bordas
Soldier Type: Fear Assassin
These assassins are the least well known, and the most feared. Their powerful poisons can even effect Zerg for up to 5 minutes. Their main weapons are two wrist gauntlets holding two wicked sharp claws that allow for quick and soundless deaths. And when told to do something, these guys will not stop until they're dead. The most shown up trait in these assassins is that they are magnificent chemists.

Armament: Dual Retractable Fear Claws, Single silenced SMG
Abilities:
Fear Injection: Fear poisons traces through the Fear Claws and upon even the smallest cut the hallucinations begin.
Fear Gas: An air born version of the Fear Poison, this stuff isn't as effective and harder to make, but they help in a tight situation, sadly, the stuff can only effect humans.
Cloaking: With advanced cloaking systems on their suits of armor these guys can pass by you without you knowing.

Backstory: Not much known about him, like all Fear Assassins. But it is known that his childhood was tough, and that he was both a great mechanic and a master chemist.

Planet: Mars

"That was a lot of typing."
Reply Quote
Is it Mars for both? Or are you splitting them up?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]