Topic [ Clash Effect ] - Suggestions & Updates (1)
Edited by Lazarus on 12/2/12 6:27 PM (PST)
-=[ CLASH EFFECT ]=-
Type : Tug of War
Map Size : 256 x 256
Players : 4 Humans
Teams : 2 vs 2
-=[ How To Play ]=-
1. Select your Race in the Game Lobby.
2. Select a Builder from your Command Center, Hive or Nexus.
3. Unlock then Build Structures to Spawn Units.
4. Structures Spawn Units Automatically.
5. Spawn Heros from your Command Center, Hive, Nexus.
6. Resources and most upgrades are automatic.
7. Destroy the Enemy's Cloning Platform to Win the Game.
It is kind of effective vs some unit comps, though.
In other news, hey laz! I think you should add a note about meeting people in chat channel "clash effect" for more games.
I also have an idea that I think would make this game a million times cooler, for minimal effort.
I have a few specific tracks that I think would be perfect for it, by ParagonX9 http://paragonx9.newgrounds.com/audio/ Certain songs there are great for adding excitement to the atmosphere. Remember Roach Snake? They had one of those songs in that map, it made it so much more intense.
Another suggestion is to have the first few buildings build instantly, so that the beginning of the game isn't so slow, or have some invulnerable scouting/spell units that the players control to give them something to do besides build. Like a speedy observer, that can't go in the enemy base, who has simple spells, like forcefield or something.
The hyperion does not receive upgrades, but the leviathon does. It would be nice if during the intro, the starting triggers were done gradually, so that it wouldn't lag all at once at the end of the intro. Not sure if that's doable, but it'd be nice.
Massing sentries is pretty effective as protoss. Massing marauders is pretty effective as Terran. Massing hydras/banelings/infestors is pretty effective as zerg.
I don't know the income gain of the other buildings. Also, there are "sound income", "income bonus", and "spawn bonuses". Are they all the same?
Let me start by saying I absolutely love this game!
Things I would love to see.
-An income value displayed (watching the income go slightly faster is a bit vague.
-a que of the rounds coming up such as the one used in the FFX battle system
-the ability to force a hero to use an ability when the User indicates.
I play at least 2 times a day and would love to help test /develop. (game design student)
Thanks for finally getting this up! Quite a lot to say, and I can't seem to find you online.
Firstly, bugs and urgent fixes needed.
- Pathing from the top position is still significantly worse than from the bottom. Rines run in from of Rhinos, Stalkers blink foward etc. Anyone starting bot is going to be in a better position all game.
- Cost/mineral yield of buildings is out of whack. There are a few 'good eco' choices for each race, and a lot of bad ones, resulting in a situation where you either do a specific build or get rolled over late game.
- Caster ai is terrible. They need a lot more energy and to use spells more effectively. Take a look at Desert Strike 2: Frozen Wasteland for some examples of how good it can be.
- Tons of missing text, including essential information about what gives how many minerals for building.
Balance and AI issues
- Science vessels and most air units need a slightly longer range. These get sniped off way too easily.
- Zerg at present are nearly unbeatable. Hydras provide an incredible income and it's easy to get a critical mass of banelings that can roll over basically anything. Tyrants and excellent ground AA take care of everything else. I haven't lost a game with this build, and I don't think it can be effectively stopped without doing the exact same thing.
- Siege Tanks need to deploy and undeploy faster. For the price, they just aren't amazing.
- Psykers, Archons and more need to have their mineral yield increased or be buffed. Psykers especially....maybe more energy would help them too? Archons just need to give more minerals, since if a zerg goes heavy zerglings they will simply out-eco you.
- Protoss needs some sort of long ranged anti air. Broodlords are horribly effective against them.
- Increase the mineral yield of Marine, Firebat, Banshee, Viking, Zealot, Stalker, Colossus, Lurker, Mutalisk and Corrupter slightly (10-20%), to get rid of Warrior/Hydra/Rauder spam as the best eco options, and to equalize the eco gap between Zerg and the other 2 races at present.
- Increase the mineral yield of Battlecruiser, Armadillo, Carrier, Archon and Psycher units significantly (50%) to make these more effective to build.
- Fix the missing text.
- Fix the pathing bugs, specifically those when playing from the top.
- Add an AFK timer or a kick system. With the slow pops, I frequently get an ally who is 100% afk, forcing us to remake the game.
- Allow for 1v1 games.
- Make heroes a little more worth building. Either reduce their cost or allow one free hero per type per game. Right now outside of very specific situations, there is no reason to use one at all.
- Give the initial silos some basic defenses.
- Make Medics unlock a little bit later.
- Reduce Siege Tank cost a little and increase their damamge against Light armor (currently they are the worst AOE option in game).
- Ravens need to use PDD, missile etc. more effectively and could do with a bit more energy.
- Science vessels need a longer range on their heals and probably either dual target healing or a cost reduction. Mech is NOT a viable build at present.
- Thors need to be made more cost effective. Considering a Thor on the same level as an Ultra, an Ultra gives substantially more minerals for building.
- Tychus needs a small buff to range.
- Spooks need to be cheaper or give more minerals.
- The latest patch is a little better, but zerg are still far too cost effective compared to the other races. Once things get to late game, their eco can overrun nearly anyone. This would be easier to solve by simply buffing the mineral yields on other races' buildings to bring them more on par.
- Infestors and Queens need to recharge their energy faster, much like all other casters.
- Once the other races are made more viable, zerg may need some better splash later on. Maybe a longer ranged Lurker or something like the Swarm Guardian from DS2.
- Make banelings give less minerals than they currently do and increase the cost by 25. These should be a counter for specific builds, not an I-WIN button, especially in ZvZ.
- Protoss AA is still lacking. The new anti air zealot needs significantly more range.
- Psykers need to use their storms smarter (not dropping them on the tank line) and more energy, or need to be a lot cheaper.
- The stalker AI needs to be fixed when playing from the top position.
- Warriors definately need a bigger model. The way they stack currently makes them a horrible front line unit later, once splash comes into play.
Will update later if needed.
- The ai of the new Toss AA unit is buggy. The lazor zealot often prefers buildings to units, and for some reason my attacking forces seem to ignore it when attacking.
- Zerg have a nearly unbeatable strat where they build a lot of lurkers and scourge, wipe det out and then just pile up lurkers all game. It's beatable as toss (archons) and semi-beatable as zerg (scourge of your own) but I cannot find a cost effective solution as terran (thors dont work, rines are touch and go).
Detection needs to be overhauled.
science vessel kills mass scourge and ghosts work well vs the lurkers but you need a good 20 of them be for you notice it working well as for zerg tyrents for lurkers the tyrents 15 range well get the lurkers as they come up to move and drag them to the tyrents so as long as your winning your wave the tyrents well mop up the lurkers after they run pass them
The problem with the terran counter is that while that would stop the strat, you would still get out eco'ed (lurkers/scourge are more cost effective than ghosts/science vessels) and your combination would probably be next to useless in a team wave while lurker/scourge have excellent synergy with nearly any other build.
In ZvZ, naturally this build won't be as 'pure'. I haven't lost yet going mass hydra into 3-4 ultras into nearly pure lurker/scourge. The damage stack is insane.
its true that its not as much eco but i has never matter to me be for the most iv lost by in minerals is about 2k but that has never stop me from dominating my waves and as for most terran people use rhino so science vessel will keep them alive long and your dont need to worry about scourge spam sounds like a win win to me you were saying there is no good counters for it as terran you can take it or leave it but that dose not mean there is no counters even if you fall behind on minerals the idea is to win waves not have a ton more eco then the other guy