StarCraft® II

Immortals are insanely stupid.

I just lost a game to a toss that i denied his 3rd twice. I teched to ultras, made 5-6 so their stupid pathing AI wouldn't screw me (yet it still does). He has blink stalkers and collossi and we trade a battle, and I win and take out his third. Somehow he proceeds to make a ton of immortals on two bases then brings zealots with 1/0/3 and destroys me. I can't tech to broods, like it would matter with blink stalks and don't see anything that can take that out. I have 3/3 ling with hit speed upgrade and he just warps in a ton of zealots and a collossi and then proceeds to A move into my bases.
Reply Quote
Have you tryed a muta heavy mid game? Or maybe some nydus worm play. FIghting a deathball head on isnt smart as a zerg. I like to go mutas then switch to +1 speed roaches as a follow up. Robo units suck against air. Mutas will force him to get templar or air himself.
Reply Quote
you killed the stalkers so your tech switch woulda been fine. ling bling works vs zealot immortal as well. always always get a spire anyway cuz you never know when that tech will be needed. Not like we dump a ton into infrastructure anyways. and usually avoid ultras. they are a lot more stupid then immortals. Even in hots i expect to see more changes to them still
Edited by Nightwolf on 12/2/2012 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
You just need to put their name to the test.
Reply Quote
Ultras are weak vs protoss. Generally not because of immortals. Because zealots tank up sooo much damage. Gives protoss a useful mineral dump. Plus zealots can be warped in quickly and besides for banglings zealots beat any other melee unit.
Reply Quote
Were your ultras 3/5 upgrades? Were your lings 3/3 cracklings? Did you have baneling tech or a spire up to deal with a zealot wave or tech swap? Were you up workers and bases all game?

It's hard to say what happened without seeing the replay, but Ultras are viable.
Reply Quote
If hes been on 3 bases for a while, hes obviously gonna have money for immortals. Theyre 250/100 and he probably had 2 robos to produce them. I don't know why you're complaining you went ultras against protoss LOL. He made the hard counter to your build, immortals, and now you think theyre op?

Its hard to tell what went wrong without a replay, but id say your big mistake was going ultras, where you could have gone infestor broodlord and win.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 06:45 PMPosted by WoundedMass
I teched to ultras

There's your problems
Reply Quote
If you actually want help, post a replay.
Reply Quote
You need banelings if you are going ultras. Ultras without banelings are garbage.
Edited by sTsTtzy on 12/2/2012 11:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 11:27 PMPosted by sTsTtzy
You need banelings if you are going ultras. Ultras without banelings are garbage.

Agreed =)
Reply Quote
yea the only real reason to get any ultras is to break forcefields which you should only get 1 or 2. They are to bulky in large numbers and kited to easily to be worth it. Even playing with them in hots atm the burrow charge isnt working very good because they still get kited before hitting the mark. And since they cant cast burrow charge while burrowed (idk y) they will know ur coming anyway and retreat to detection or scan
Reply Quote
Yeah I bet you didn't do anything wrong. Don't bother posting a replay, we will take your word for it.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Sizzlor
FIghting a deathball head on isnt smart as a zerg.

Let's be realistic here. Zerg can fight any death ball it wants with its infestor broodlord comp. You'll most likely win the fight and have more than enough money to remax (which you pry won't need to because you won't lose that much.)
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Midday
I teched to ultras

There's your problems

my thought exactly
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:12 AMPosted by TechNo
Yeah I bet you didn't do anything wrong. Don't bother posting a replay, we will take your word for it.

Techno your posts always make me chuckle
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Defenestratr

Techno your posts always make me chuckle
same he's a good anti troll poster, we Need more of those posters.
Reply Quote
Ultras just suck. You never want ultras. they are horrible now and u would need perfect timings for ultras to br used.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 04:17 PMPosted by OpTicCloud
Ultras just suck. You never want ultras. they are horrible now and u would need perfect timings for ultras to br used.

I like ultras.
Reply Quote
Ultras are decent but they need timing. I personally think a ZERGLING is better than an Ultralisk but then again, its personal preference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]