StarCraft® II

Quote of the day

Immortal: "I return to serve."

Me: "Then where's my coffee?"

Immortal: "..."
"I thought it would be funny to give the Medic a Predator pet with a self-destruct sequence that plays the nyan-cat theme as a detonation warning. It’ll stay in the game until the complaints roll in."
-Ryan, SC Universe Designer
"So that's why they put the Medics into Drop Ships... Too many damn Stalkers on the ground."
-Me
While we're all claiming really popular jokes/quotes and claiming them for ourselves, I've got a few more.

"Going to church doesn't make you a christian any more then going to the garage makes you an automobile."
-me

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"
-me

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”
-Let's see, who said this genius thought? Hm... Oh yeah, ME!!
“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

Wrong. I don't know who explicitly, but you are not the original, nor did you get the quote right.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then speak and remove all doubt."
-Someone cooler than us.
Wrong. I don't know who explicitly, but you are not the original, nor did you get the quote right.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then speak and remove all doubt."
-Someone cooler than us.

I was INTENTIONALLY quoting popular things and giving myself credit.

Going to church doesn't make you a christian any more then going to the garage makes you an automobile."
-me

-Billy Sunday

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"
-me

Dr. Sues

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

Psalm 17:28
-me
"I am pretty damn sure this wasn't you. And none of us are claiming famous quotes as ours from what I have seen."
-me
"I am pretty damn sure this wasn't you. And none of us are claiming famous quotes as ours from what I have seen."

-_-

You haven't been looking very hard.

I was illustrating a point that flew right over your head... I know I didn't say that... Dr. Sues did...
According to what others said (Pertaining to me...), that isn't good advice. Not at all. Even if it's a quote.
"Yes, I was planning on posting after Zarkun. I knew that some sort of child book writer was the person who said it. Also, just because some have said them, they probably never heard it before, just said something similar to it, making it seem like they were just paraphrasing."

"The undeniable truth is that death has already come for us. We just are waiting to fall into its arms."
-Myself

"I credited myself with that, because I have never heard it before. But I am thinking that someone has said it before me."
03/20/2013 03:54 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
According to what others said (Pertaining to me...), that isn't good advice. Not at all. Even if it's a quote.

It's simple logic...

The point is, it's better to be thought a fool then to actually be one...

There's no debate there...
"F*CKING LAG! ****************************..."
-The average 12 year old X-Box gamer.
Edited by Korozain on 3/20/2013 5:56 PM PDT
"It is through the twin fires of certainty and infinity that a Will of Steel be tempered. It is only with a will of steel that Fate can ever be slain."

-Me, thinking up character histories
Edited by morrjo on 3/20/2013 6:07 PM PDT
"F*CKING LAG! ****************************..."
-The average 12 year old X-Box gamer.

"You actually have messed up a little there. You need to add insults. Though I may be around the same age, I am definitely different than most of my population. Partially from my more or less formal behavior, partly from having intelligence and liking school and the gain of knowledge, as well as the fact that my thoughts are full of blood."
Edited by ShadowFury on 3/20/2013 6:09 PM PDT
The bleeped out part was all the cursing insults and death wishes and cancer on families and such.

Yes, I feel you on that. Our generation is pretty effed in my opinion. Very few people I know I can have an intellectual conversation with, and even those I avoid often because they still succumb to "Peer Pressure" at times and I thoroughly, dislike that. I, however gained all the respect I have through my intellect, naturally eccentric behavior and mild anti-sociability/insanity.

Quite cool really.
I, however gained all the respect I have through my intellect

-_-
03/20/2013 03:54 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven

It is situational just like everything else.

EX of situation where it is OK to open your mouth and be the idiot: "Millions of lives hang in the balance... do you understand what you must do?" "Uh... What do I have to do again?"

EX of situation where silence is better: Discussion on particle physics. Smile and nod.
03/20/2013 09:49 PMPosted by ThaneKrios
I, however gained all the respect I have through my intellect

-_-

By that, I meant through being a nerd (in some sense) I gained the respect i have.
03/21/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Korozain

-_-

By that, I meant through being a nerd (in some sense) I gained the respect i have.

In what galaxy do people respect nerds?
"You clearly are not from Earth. Let me be the first to properly welcome you." I pull out my 12 gauge shotgun and !@#$ it. "E.T., GO HOME!" I fire.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]