StarCraft® II

Map Editor Ramp Question

I'm making my first map and am having trouble with my ramps. The top of each ramp seems to be somewhat... warped (for lack of a better word). Thus, walling off is more difficult. I was wondering what one does to fix such a problem.
Reply Quote
Are you using the terrain free-form height map instead of cliff tools? If so you'll have bigger problems than warped ramps. If not I have little idea how this could happen. Want to post a screenshot so we can see exactly what's happening?

If you've been using the "Height" brush to make your cliffs, you should redo them with the "Cliff" brush and use the "Add Ramp" operation of this brush to make your ramps.

If you have been using the Cliff brush, you could try selecting the "Uniform" operation of the Height brush and scrubbing the tops of your ramps.

But all this is based on my best guess of what it looks like for the top of a ramp to be "warped" as you say. I might have better or more definite insight if I fully understood the symptom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]