StarCraft® II

WoL review, HotS wishlist

I thought he sounded more bored and reluctant than anything. Like he didn't really believe it, but he had to do it because the script told him to.

It's called self-doubt because he can't fully deny it. Raynor knew by the time of the Brood War, Kerrigan already commanded enough Broods, but the UED had the Psi Disruptor which could interfere with her control.

Combined with the way the UED defeated the Dominion, it's obvious they're a forced to be reckoned with. Do you really think Raynor would have just ignored them completely?
Reply Quote
It's called self-doubt because he can't fully deny it. Raynor knew by the time of the Brood War, Kerrigan already commanded enough Broods, but the UED had the Psi Disruptor which could interfere with her control.

Combined with the way the UED defeated the Dominion, it's obvious they're a forced to be reckoned with. Do you really think Raynor would have just ignored them completely?

The UED was already pretty damn good at shooting itself in the foot. Had I been Raynor, I would have just laid low and let Kerrigan take care of them alone, preferrably from the safety of Shakuras.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/24/2012 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

The UED was already pretty damn good at shooting itself in the foot. Had I been Raynor, I would have just laid low and waited, preferrably from the safety of Shakuras.

Please, and what would happen if the UED won? You act like they would have been a better alternative to the Dominion under Mengsk, as well as the Confederacy.
Reply Quote
I would have stuck with the Protoss, as all the other options sucked.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/24/2012 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would have sticked with the Protoss.

You forget the Protoss have little interest with the rest of the terrans.

And Raynor is NOT some selfish dude who's only interested in saving himself.
Edited by ragnarok on 11/24/2012 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

That's why Raynor and the Raiders should have helped the Protoss rebuild their civilization. There's nothing selfish about helping the good guys. He did it before and together they took down the freaking Overmind; the Protoss owed him big time, and unlike Infested Kerrigan, they could be trusted.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/24/2012 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

That's why Raynor and the Raiders should have helped the Protoss rebuild their civilization. There's nothing selfish about helping the good guys. He did it before and together they took down the freaking Overmind; the Protoss owed him big time, and unlike Infested Kerrigan, they could be trusted.

Not according to Artanis's mentality. Did you completely forget about following words?

Artanis
Have faith, Zeratul! You almost sound as if you fear these humans. What are they to such as we? Was it not we who defeated the dreaded Overmind?
Edited by ragnarok on 11/24/2012 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Artanis
Have faith, Zeratul! You almost sound as if you fear these humans. What are they to such as we? Was it not we who defeated the dreaded Overmind?

Hmm, if I remember correctly, Zeratul replied to that with something along the lines of, "we did that with the help of Terrans."

...Why are we on this topic again? Heh, it's alright though. Lore discussions are usually fun by me. ^_^
Reply Quote
Yeah, we got carried away. Sorry about that.

I already did a wishlist of my own a while back. I'll repost it here:

1- The opening mission will revolve around Kerrigan escaping from Valerian's lab under attack by Arcturus' black ops troops, and will play out similarly to "Whispers of Doom".

2- Warfield will die after Kerrigan retakes Char.

3- The Protoss seen in one of the preview's screenshots is actually a changeling that Kerrigan will use to sneak into the Protoss base in "Shoot the Messenger" and sabotage their efforts to escape Kaldir.

4- Raynor will part ways with Kerrigan during the Dominion attack on the Hyperion, and will be unheard from for most of the campaign's duration.

5- Nova will be a recurrent foe.

6- The Raiders will be playable in at least one mission, possibly inspired by the custom map "Star Battle".

7- Zeratul will encounter Kerrigan and gives her an Ihan crystal containing more of his memories and of the Overmind's, i.e. stuff that Raynor didn't need to know.

8- At some point, Kerrigan will decide to grant the Zerg sentience, which may not please Izsha and by extent her old Queen of Blades persona.

9- The campaign's finale will be a reversal of "All In": Arcturus has the Artifact deployed, maybe with some pet Hybrids defending it, and Kerrigan has to destroy it before it gets fully charged.

10- The final cutscene will be the "infamous" leaked ending, albeit slightly reworked and of course actually polished. :P

11- Kerrigan will remain a good guy (girl?) and take the Zerg Swarm away from the Koprulu Sector (kinda like what the Rachni Queen did if you spared her in Mass Effect 1), so the Dark Voice cannot enslave it. Of course, there will always be scattered Zerg remnants for him to take control of, but not enough to make "In Utter Darkness" happen again.

Judging by the previews, I can already tell #3 isn't going to happen: the Protoss NPC is a female scientist called Lessara and her role appears somehow reminiscent to Ariel Hanson. #10 may still happen, although evidence from the HotS beta suggests it may happen midway through the campaign instead of at the end. Also, in the Flashpoint novel, Narud steals the Artifact from the Raiders, so #9 still sounds like a possibility.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/24/2012 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
As I said, it's quite alright. ^_^

Your predictions seem very cool. I would love more missions like "Whispers of Doom," too. I always give myself a personal challenge to see what hero unit can rack up the most kills. Right now the winner is Tychus at 484 kills in "Belly of the Beast" (or whatever that mission is called where you flood the Nydus network with lava).

I look forward to Kerrigan beating that record. >=)

I also find the "All In" reversal idea intriguing. I wonder if Mengsk will choose All In ground or air. =P
Reply Quote
As I said, it's quite alright. ^_^

Your predictions seem very cool. I would love more missions like "Whispers of Doom," too. I always give myself a personal challenge to see what hero unit can rack up the most kills. Right now the winner is Tychus at 484 kills in "Belly of the Beast" (or whatever that mission is called where you flood the Nydus network with lava).

I look forward to Kerrigan beating that record. >=)

I also find the "All In" reversal idea intriguing. I wonder if Mengsk will choose All In ground or air. =P

Pretty good with Tychus at that much. I think the max I've given Tychus is only around the 400 mark.

For Kerrigan to beat that record I don't think should be a problem once we reach the last missions.

But then again, I'm not sure they'll eventually make her powerful enough to take on the whole Dominion all by herself. She certainly failed miserably at that during "All In".
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 07:33 PMPosted by ragnarok
But then again, I'm not sure they'll eventually make her powerful enough to take on the whole Dominion all by herself. She certainly failed miserably at that during "All In".

And Brood War: most of the time, she had to beg others to do her bidding.

11/24/2012 07:27 PMPosted by TheEvilBunny

The way I imagined it, Mengsk would try to make his last stand on Korhal IV by having the Artifact deploy; it would be up to Kerrigan to destroy it before it gets fully charged.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 03:28 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
The raid against Moria in Brood War hardly did the KMC justice: we just fought a bunch of generic Terran forces that didn't even seem to be related in anyway

Also, because they shoe-horned in fenix, they didn't get to use the Kel-Morian's actual team color either.

the only defining factor was that it was the most amount of terran players in a given campaign map. and maybe had the most amount of minerals.

but yeah it was pretty much a normal badlands ZvTvTvTvTvT
Reply Quote
Oh please, if you heard Raynor's tone, you would have known that Raynor was already being convinced. You REALLY need to learn to analyze the voice tone, not just the words they speak

I've played that mission over 5/6 times, He really didn't sound convinced, he sounded confused.

11/24/2012 05:53 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
The final cutscene will be the "infamous" leaked ending, albeit slightly reworked and of course actually polished. :P

Nope. It was fine until then, even I thought that ending sucked.
Edited by StratosTygo on 11/25/2012 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 07:22 AMPosted by StratosTygo
Oh please, if you heard Raynor's tone, you would have known that Raynor was already being convinced. You REALLY need to learn to analyze the voice tone, not just the words they speak

I've played that mission over 5/6 times, He really didn't sound convinced, he sounded confused.

11/24/2012 05:53 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
The final cutscene will be the "infamous" leaked ending, albeit slightly reworked and of course actually polished. :P

Nope. It was fine until then, even I thought that ending sucked.

Well plenty of people had seen the leaked ending, and I still say it's probably the real HotS ending. All the pieces certainly fit. Blizzard said they refused to comment on if the ending is real or not. So if it was fake, why didn't they deny it?
Reply Quote
Because Blizzard's policy is to not comment on rumors and speculation. They did acknowledge its existence during the last Blizzcon by making their own fake "ending" to showcase the cutscene editor.

Anyway, I'm no longer sure that the leaked "ending" is supposed to be HotS' climax: data from the HotS beta suggest that Kerrigan will take the Swarm to Zerus, and the cutscene seems to imply just that.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/25/2012 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Because Blizzard's policy is to not comment on rumors and speculation. They did acknowledge its existence during the last Blizzcon by making their own fake "ending" to showcase the cutscene editor.

Anyway, I'm no longer sure that the leaked "ending" is supposed to be HotS' climax: data from the HotS beta suggest that Kerrigan will take the Swarm to Zerus, and the cutscene seems to imply just that.

Taking the swarm to Zerus probably just means she wants to know what the original purpose of the Zerg really is (which was revealed in Twilight, but Kerrigan doesn't know that).

I still say it's going to end with her dealing with Mengsk. In WoL, Raynor had two problems to deal with: the Zerg invasion, and bringing Mengsk to justice.

With Kerrigan, even if she's going to be attacked a lot by hybrids while she's gathering the swarm, I'm willing to bet her mentality will still be "I've waited too long for my revenge on Mengsk, and I've come too far to be stopped now."
Reply Quote
Unless Arcturus gets taken care of early on.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 06:02 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
Unless Arcturus gets taken care of early on.

I'm not sure Kerrigan will accept anyone else killing Mengsk. She's been the one most wronged by him, she should be the one to deliver the killing blow.
Reply Quote
No, I meant Kerrigan killing Arcturus could happen early on in the campaign, like before the second half.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]