StarCraft® II

TextureSelectById doesn't work properly

Hi, I've been using the TextureSelectById with a few different actor events, but it doesn't seem to work with Upgrade Add events. The same texture works when applied by another event, such as Unit Birth, Behavior On/Off and others.

I haven't tested with many types of events but I'd like to use Upgrade Add.
Reply Quote
Seriously? No words on this one?
Reply Quote
Developer
If you look in Liberty Story Actor Data, the TwilightCouncil sends TextureSelectById messages in response to an Upgrade Add event. So it seems like the functionality works otherwise the DarkProtoss upgrade would be broken.
Reply Quote
Well, this is the exact upgrade I'm using for the actors. I use others too, but the effect is the same.

What I did was to edit the warp in models so they could be retextured too. And for some units that don't have dark version like the Phoenix or the Scout the main model was edited the same way. The catch is some of the units don't get re-textured when the upgrade finishes. New units come out of the structures already re-textured as they should, but not the ones already in game.

I'll make more extensive tests so I can pinpoint the problem, but it appears to affect Stargate units only, so it could be related to the warp in model transition.
Reply Quote
"I used to use 1 texture declaration with multiple adaptions, ignore prefixes and just put the entire texture name in the Trigger On Substring field for each adaption.
Now I use multiple texture declarations instead and put the entire texture name in the Prefix as well as the Trigger On Substring field.

Note, that this seems to malfunction, if you attempt to convert the first to the 2nd by copying the declarations and deleting the adaptions, you need to re-do it from scratch in this case (or fix the raw data, if you know how)." -Kueken
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]