Pre installing the HOTS

i buy the Heart of the Swarm on the website. and they told me "Log into StarCraft® II now to begin pre-installing the Heart of the Swarm™ game data."
but i can't find where i can pre installing it
Reply Quote
same here...
Reply Quote
That must be a mistake: the game is set to be released in almost five months. I don't see why Blizzard would allow pre-installing so soon.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 11/21/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 12:34 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
That must be a mistake: the game is set to be released in almost five months. I don't see why Blizzard would allow pre-installing so soon.
Not only that, but getting an early copy wouldn't do you much good anyway. Blizzard made it so that WoL wouldn't install until July 27th, 2010. Heart of the Swarm is like to be much the same.
Reply Quote
I just hope nobody is going to get scammed this time: there are always shady individuals waiting to exploit players' impatience and trick them into downloading malwares and viruses.
Reply Quote
This a bit stupid tough...why would they write this!?
I've had Wings of liberty preinstalled back then but it wasnt a fluke like this.
Reply Quote
Well what also gets me I was under presumption that you didn't ned wings of liberty...from they orignally said was that every campaign was going to be a stand alone...however after i pre-purchased MOP it preinstalled after i exited wow...
Reply Quote
So i'm guessing there isn't a pre-install then cause i have been looking and i haven't been able to find it ethier...(i didn't see anyone saying there wasn't one just makin sure...)
Edited by Tearston on 12/31/2012 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't see why Blizzard would allow pre-installing so soon.

The reason for allowing preinstalling is so that at midnight on the release date, people can begin playing instead of beginning a long download and install. That's what Blizzard says paying for it now will allow. But, upon logging in there's no install.
Edited by SarahsNanny on 12/31/2012 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol the release build of the game hasn't even been made yet guys. you'll have to wait until at least late February.
Reply Quote
The expansion files have already been downloaded with update/patch 2.0.4, there is plenty of evidence for that, including the fact that it is 6gb in size.

Apparently everyone who pre-purchased won't get a head start on installing? ( Still waiting for Blizzard to clarify that )

My guess is that on midnight of 3/12, everyone with a purchased version of HotS linked to their account will be able to access the game when it officially unlocks, and that there will be no early installation for the people that pre-ordered.

Everyone who ordered the game even seconds before launch will begin installing at the same time, since they technically did pre-purchase. Everyone who waits until the game has been released will be delayed by at least a few hours compared to those who ordered before the launch time.
Reply Quote
The expansion files have already been downloaded with update/patch 2.0.4, there is plenty of evidence for that, including the fact that it is 6gb in size.

Apparently everyone who pre-purchased won't get a head start on installing? ( Still waiting for Blizzard to clarify that )

My guess is that on midnight of 3/12, everyone with a purchased version of HotS linked to their account will be able to access the game when it officially unlocks, and that there will be no early installation for the people that pre-ordered.

Everyone who ordered the game even seconds before launch will begin installing at the same time, since they technically did pre-purchase. Everyone who waits until the game has been released will be delayed by at least a few hours compared to those who ordered before the launch time.

this was from a month ago..........
Reply Quote
Well the I updated the game after pre purchasing and its 14 GB...maybe it's the "Log to SC2 and download"

By guess is that it is some attempt to merge HotS with the already existing WoL instead of having two seperated game files...

Or maybe i'm dumb...

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
All you do is leave the Installer open when you first click to launch it, and it will automatically download the files. If you click Info at the top of the Installer, then Connection Information, you will see that it is downloading something. If you pre-ordered, this should be the "pre-install" though I'm sure there will be some more to download in the hours before the official launch of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]