StarCraft® II

Map Editor

So, I've seen plenty of what to expect about the game so far and heard so many rumors my feels ready to fall off, but I haven't heard anything about the map editor.

So, is there going to be any significant changes to the map editor come HotS?
Reply Quote
Make it more user friendly, I'm having a hard time getting used to all or even 1% of the features..
Reply Quote
star tools suppose to come out. which allows map creators to modify unit models with it. However, this was teased to be release of WoL. Guess we have to wait and see.

TOMATOLING!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOnBuPjOaII
Reply Quote
Well, I'm in the HotS beta... and it came with a map editor. Unfortunately I never used the original map editor much, and just used the HotS one to modify the starting locations for a 2v2 map (made it same base instead of having team mates separated). Considering how proficient I used to be with the SC1 editor I was mildly surprised at how long this took me - and so I can't even comment on if it's different than the current WoL version. I suppose I could upload a snapshot of it if you wanted - I don't remember having any disclosure agreement for this beta, so I think it'd be okay to do.
Reply Quote
Well, it seems no announcement was made regarding any changes. As such, i guess we shouldn't expect much more than the new elements of HotS (units, abilities, etc) and maybe a few fixes or tweaks.

Any veteran map editors got anything to share?
Reply Quote
I was a small time map editor in War3 and I cannot even begin to fathom the SC2 editor. Its so amazingly un-user friendly compared. I don't know why they don't base it off the war3 one. Even total map scrubs could ultilze that effectively
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]