StarCraft® II

Call to Action: November 30 Balance Testing

QQ moar plz.

No, seriously, QQ until Blizz wakes up to reality.

Back the !@#$ off. I'm sick of terrible decision after terrible decision. First the queen+creep patch which makes lategame Z come in 13 minutes 100% of the time AND immune to any damage in the early game.

Now NO change to fungal, because it "is too big of a change".

What about the queen change that %^-*ing RUINED TvZ. Now it's a macro snorefest 100% of the time.

You do realize that I'm agreeing with you, right?

Let me bold that part for you.

QQ moar plz.

No, seriously, QQ until Blizz wakes up to reality.
I think psionic units being immune to fungal was a good change - it was just a matter of removing the psionic tag from several units to make the change work perfectly.

11/29/2012 06:36 PMPosted by QueensNYC
There is no justification for such a powerful unit - A TIER 3 UNIT - to be only 4 supply.

Unless you factor in that it has does 8 DPS (less than a single stimmed marine), 225 HP, and is slower than a carrier or high templar.
Edited by Snow on 11/29/2012 6:40 PM PST
11/29/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Snow
I think psionic units being immune to fungal was a good change - it was just a matter of removing the psionic tag from several units to make the change work perfectly.

This, though lore wise it doesn't make sense. I'm more or less okay with that.
11/29/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Snow

I agree.
Wow....very disappointed. Sees like terran will again be left in the dust in the ladder, where there are more randoms playing terran than terran themselves.
When after one game MVP won with like 20 ghosts, blizzard nerfed them to oblivion.
When people were spamming HT 20+ it was too powerful and the upgrade got removed.
Standard games nowadays involves 20+ infestors (not to mention ZvZ where they have 30, 40 rofl) and that's fine. This unit is ruining the game from every point of view: balance, spectating and even skill ceiling. It takes an idiot to A-move and use the fungal, while it requires some serious skill to use the T late-game army. Seriously, I never had the urge to post on the forums but today I lost all faith. This game could have been beautiful but the people balancing it are obviously making the wrong choice, no wonder viewing numbers are at the lowest ever and almost everybody that I know is not playing anymore. HotS won't change this unless Zergs are fixed
11/29/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Aeroxe
Wow....very disappointed. Sees like terran will again be left in the dust in the ladder, where there are more randoms playing terran than terran themselves.

The delicious irony here is that zerg is the least played race overall (after random) in every single region.

http://www.sc2ranks.com/stats/region/all/1/all

Terran is more played than zerg, and protoss the most played of all.
11/29/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Aeroxe
where there are more randoms playing terran than terran themselves.

The day that actually happens, the wheel of QQ will come full circle as proxy 2 gates, 6 pools and scv marine all ins dominate the ladder. Then Blizzard will strike swiftly will their mightly nerfbat and remove random from the game. Balance at its finest.
Edited by supaflyz on 11/29/2012 6:43 PM PST
When after one game MVP won with like 20 ghosts, blizzard nerfed them to oblivion.
When people were spamming HT 20+ it was too powerful and the upgrade got removed.
Standard games nowadays involves 20+ infestors (not to mention ZvZ where they have 30, 40 rofl) and that's fine. This unit is ruining the game from every point of view: balance, spectating and even skill ceiling. It takes an idiot to A-move and use the fungal, while it requires some serious skill to use the T late-game army. Seriously, I never had the urge to post on the forums but today I lost all faith. This game could have been beautiful but the people balancing it are obviously making the wrong choice, no wonder viewing numbers are at the lowest ever and almost everybody that I know is not playing anymore. HotS won't change this unless Zergs are fixed

Although I agree with you that having 20+ infestors is complete BS, I think Blizzard is afraid to nerf because the infestor fills so many holes in the zerg army it's not even funny.

But just buff a couple units and nerf infestors, when HotS swings around hopefully the infestor will become obsolete.
SoooOooOO much QQ i here.
The delicious irony here is that zerg is the least played race overall (after random) in every single region.

http://www.sc2ranks.com/stats/region/all/1/all

Terran is more played than zerg, and protoss the most played of all.

The funny thing is, 35-40% of diamond-gm are zerg, where there are 20-25% terran.
11/29/2012 06:43 PMPosted by supaflyz
The day that actually happens, the wheel of QQ will come full circle as proxy 2 gates, 6 pools and scv marine all ins dominate the ladder. Then Blizzard will strike swiftly will their mightly nerfbat and remove random from the game. Balance at its finest.

Because it already has happened to a degree. When was the last time you played a terran? I honestly can't remember.
I'm just worried about how Infestors effect the variety we see in games. So far, every match for ZvP and ZvT is the same, as a Zerg player gets to Hive tech and uses infestors/broodlords to kill, kill, kill. While Blizzard is right in saying there are ways for the two other races to deal with this, it doesn't change the fact that this is Zerg's clearly most powerful set in all situations, making for a very dull viewing, especially as a Zerg player...

I'm not really sure how much of this going to change with these adjustments...

Please consider the watchers Blizzard. :(
Okay, first off guys, complaining never got anyone what they wanted.
I would like to start out by *politely* saying that I don't think the change to the infested terran is the right way to go. The biggest problem by FAR was the effects of Fungal Growth, and many were upset on how the so-called fix would actually impact ZvX. Fungal Growth needs to be directly taken care of as well as a buff to the Hydralisk.

For Fungal Growth, I would recommend changing it to work like one of these:
1. units take double damage, does not stop the units affected
2. unit's movement speed reduced by 1
3. unit's attack rate reduced by 20%

All of these solutions are balanced ways to deal with the glaring overpowered-ness of Fungal Growth. However, a nerf to FG is not enough, as Zerg need a new way to add more firepower to their unit compositions. That is why, coupled with the Muscular Augments at Lair, I suggest giving Hydras +1 range, and getting rid of the Grooved Spines upgrade. Replace it with Iron-infused carapace (or some other name) to give hydras an addition 15 HP. This would probably be most balanced at Hive, but I'm not sure.
11/29/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Kaivax
1. After testing the previous adjustment that made Psionic units immune to Fungal Growth, we found it to be too big of a change. We've reverted that change for now.

Too big a change? lol wow. Why am I not surprised.

Except, Colossus are much easier to get than Brood Lords and can be chrono-boosted.

Stacked larva? Mass tier 3 instantly? Mass corruptors morphed? There is no justification for such a powerful unit - A TIER 3 UNIT - to be only 4 supply.

That doesn't change the fact that Colossus are easier to get. They do far less DPS than Brood Lords and deal splash damage.

And you do realize that being able to remax on Corruptor/Broodlord is not cheap, and requires a HUGE bank.
might as well not make any changes if you are going to make this change, lowering the HP of the eggs by 20 does not affect the infestor much.. prepatch, IT eggs still take 2 tank shots to kill, post patch it will still take 2 tank shots. they will still pop out and deal 10 base dps, still NOT GET UNIT PRIORITY which means if any zerg units are alive near the infested terran eggs (like infestors) P/T's units will automatically ignore the eggs and attack the infestor

this change is backpedaling in a major way and a sign that blizzard is scared to nerf zerg
That doesn't change the fact that Colossus are easier to get. They do far less DPS than Brood Lords and deal splash damage.

And you do realize that being able to remax on Corruptor/Broodlord is not cheap, and requires a HUGE bank.

...which is so readily available now with zerg's free early-mid game.
These changes are for TESTING. You have all proved to me that people will always whine if they don't get EXACTLY what they want. This is a test to see if mass Infested Terrans will be less viable. Just because the infester is not being nerfed to the ground dosn't mean you guys should all mass QQ.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]