StarCraft® II

A Campaign "Battle Report"

Would be nice to tide me over till release. A lot of attention has been on multiplayer and we had a sneak peek at zergling genetic splits. But I'm curious about the other splits...and abathur esspecially. I've seen clips of "Isha"? But no audio on Abathur.

WTB a level or two narrated by Dustin Browder.
Reply Quote
Would be nice to tide me over till release. A lot of attention has been on multiplayer and we had a sneak peek at zergling genetic splits. But I'm curious about the other splits...and abathur esspecially. I've seen clips of "Isha"? But no audio on Abathur.

WTB a level or two narrated by Dustin Browder.

But that was before the voice actors even got in the studios. For example, when we first heard Kerrigan speaking to Izsha, it she wasn't voiced by Tricia Helfer, at least not as of that moment.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see this as well personally I would like to see a defiler casting plague and Abthur saying "I have recovered lost DNA from the overmind's cortex" or something like that hinting that we go to Aiur, we have defilers and that Abthur is recovering lost DNA for Zerg.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 03:27 AMPosted by ShadowWave
I'd like to see this as well personally I would like to see a defiler casting plague and Abthur saying "I have recovered lost DNA from the overmind's cortex" or something like that hinting that we go to Aiur, we have defilers and that Abthur is recovering lost DNA for Zerg.

Are you sure the Defiler will be in the campaign?
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 11:09 AMPosted by ragnarok

Didn't terran get a few units from brood war? Sure you could argue some didn't show up but I'd say they struck a good balance with the fireboats, medics and Goliath.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 06:10 PMPosted by LittleRaven

Didn't terran get a few units from brood war? Sure you could argue some didn't show up but I'd say they struck a good balance with the fireboats, medics and Goliath.

Only the medic came from the Brood War. The Firebat and Goliath were around since SC1 anyway.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 11:09 AMPosted by ragnarok

The Beta for Heart of the Swarm indicates that devourers, lurkers, guardians, defilers, and the original queen will all be in Heart of the Swarm (the queen likely being renamed. My money's on 'brood keeper').
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Justin

The Beta for Heart of the Swarm indicates that devourers, lurkers, guardians, defilers, and the original queen will all be in Heart of the Swarm (the queen likely being renamed. My money's on 'brood keeper').

Well, I'm willing to bet you'd get to control the Brood Mothers too. It'd be interesting to see what abilities they've got since Kerrigan geneticially designed them to be stronger and more independent than the Cerebrates ever were.
Reply Quote

Well, I'm willing to bet you'd get to control the Brood Mothers too. It'd be interesting to see what abilities they've got since Kerrigan geneticially designed them to be stronger and more independent than the Cerebrates ever were.
I too am looking forward to the abilities they give the brood mothers.

Also, forgot that valkyries are in there too.
Reply Quote

I'm going to be surprised if they put the Valkyries into the campaign. I thought the Viking completely took over that role...
Reply Quote

I'm going to be surprised if they put the Valkyries into the campaign. I thought the Viking completely took over that role...
Look at it this way. Imagine fighting the Dominion with mutalisks at the beginning of a mission. Warfield says it's time to bring in and old favourite or some such handwavey business. Ten valkyries come and completely obliterate your mutalisks, no matter how many there are. Boom, corruptor mission.
Reply Quote

Look at it this way. Imagine fighting the Dominion with mutalisks at the beginning of a mission. Warfield says it's time to bring in and old favourite or some such handwavey business. Ten valkyries come and completely obliterate your mutalisks, no matter how many there are. Boom, corruptor mission.

Yeah but according to the developers, HotS will have only minor uses for Air to Air units...
Reply Quote

Yeah but according to the developers, HotS will have only minor uses for Air to Air units...
According to the game itself, it's in. They must've changed their minds, or made them more useful.
Reply Quote

According to the game itself, it's in. They must've changed their minds, or made them more useful.

Possibly, I guess it'll all have to depend. Maybe there's more space battles now.
Reply Quote

Possibly, I guess it'll all have to depend. Maybe there's more space battles now.
The trailer makes it seem so. There is at least one confirmed, though it's between the Dominion and the Raiders, it is a space-based mission.

EDIT: Not taking it as confirmation, but methinks we'll be seeing a terran mini-campaign at the beginning of Heart of the Swarm. If that's the case, a zerg one at some point in Legacy of the Void is all but assured.
Edited by Justin on 11/26/2012 4:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
If there is a terran mini-campaign in HotS, then what the hell is Zeratul doing in the game for?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]