StarCraft® II

Separatist Space, Discussion II

12/20/2012 02:43 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Okay, Dac and Zarkun, I would love to Join your RP's but please... Stay away from mysticism and demons and God's and talking swords and all that crap. It's not Starcraft, or even Sci-fi. Imo, its just not fun. So as long as you stay away from that stuff, I should join! :D
"If you are referring to my demon in the demon of this, I advise you that there are demons in Warhammer 40k, and gods. And just like in there I changed it up to make it more sense to a Sci-fi area. But you covered everything on your mistakes of the RP."
Reply Quote
I was not specifically referring to your demon. I don't care if that's what is in Warhammer 40k. It's not sci-fi... Well it kind of is, but not really.
Reply Quote
My RP idea... how does it sound....
Reply Quote
Sorry, CR, distracted. Sounds grand. Might join if I don't retire soon.
Reply Quote
And look at Zanon... You'll be back... Look at Jake when he could, and Jay? :P
Once you are a Joeyrayer, you'll always be one.
Reply Quote
"What about NickdaMan and HBRB? Huh? They're gone, and haven't come back."
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 03:52 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
I was not specifically referring to your demon. I don't care if that's what is in Warhammer 40k. It's not sci-fi... Well it kind of is, but not really.

*Stands there for a few seconds before walking away and returning with a Purifier. Aims the Purifier's weapons at Markus, and fires, glassing him to bits."
Reply Quote
Not going to lie... SF has a really valid and sound argument here.

edit-ninja

Calm down SF, err, I mean Jester. It's true. Demon's, Angels and God have no place in Sci-Fi. Just because those amazing writers can supposedly pull it off(That's an opinion) doesn't mean it has a place in Sci-Fi.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 12/20/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
"If you can make it fit, it is allowed. I made it fit by having the 'Demon' be born in a different reality and allowing him to rip through the space-time continuum. And also by having him by fitting in SC power by being a void-like creature. And Markus, I nearly did the same as Jester did there, just calmed myself. I don't feel like writing something incredibly gruesome right now."
Reply Quote
Well... If you actually think about it Markus, they really aren't Demons. They are entities of the Warp which behave like them. The Immortal God Emperor is a man on a chair hooked up to machines and etc and that is how he lived throughout his age. And so on, but if you haven't noticed, every Sci-fi has some piece that is somehow always in Fantasy, because the two co-exist beautifully and there are many universe where it's both.
Reply Quote
That's because Fantasy and Sci-fi have the same thing in common, they're not real. So you can really play around with both.

I know they aren't really demons!! That's why I wasn't aiming that at him. Lol. All I'm saying is that Fantasy should stay fantasy and fantasy should go to the WC3 forums. Sci-fi should stay sci-fi and sci-fi should stay in Starcraft 2 forums, agree or disagree, I don't care..
Reply Quote
Psionics=Space Magic...
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 12/20/2012 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
That is a sound argument, not valid, but sound.

Three things,

1) I don't like psionics either :P Notice none of my characters are psionics and I usually don't allow psionics in my RP's.

2) That is another thing that sci-fi and fantasy have in common. Magic. But they're different kinds of magic. Psionics are like... a sixth sense. Some are born with it, some aren't. A sword cannot have psionics... Magic, however, can be in a sword. so they're slightly different.

3) ... !@#$ I forgot... I'll think of it :P
Reply Quote
Are you killing this RP??????
Reply Quote
So in fact... If you are saying that Warhammer 40k Isn't Sci-fi... Then SC2 isn't Sci-fi...
Reply Quote
huh? CR, where did you get that? No, I'm saying that Magic and supernatural things do not belong in Sci-fi. Warhammer 40K has an author so talented he can pull stuff like that. (imo, he can't but whatever)

Not sure where you got SC2 isn't sci-fi

Yes mecha, Im killing the RP. One question mark will do btw. :P
Reply Quote
... Yes, when Warhammer 40k is more Sci-fi than SC2... And then you also have to remember that even if you believe it's Fantasy... It's not. (You must love opinion. If you are going to behave this way... Then you are going to hate my unique idea for an RP that doesn't involves magic)
Reply Quote
I feel that another problem was all the "super" races, character, etc. If everyone's OP, than nobody is.
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 04:32 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Yes, when Warhammer 40k is more Sci-fi than SC2...

This is a fragment sentence, Im sorry. I cannot understand it :S

And then you also have to remember that even if you believe it's Fantasy... It's not.

How do you define Fantasy?

You must love opinion.

Opinion is an idea... So... I guess I do love opinion rather then Fact... But I like fact too...

If you are going to behave this way... Then you are going to hate my unique idea for an RP that doesn't involves magic

Behavior doesn't influence what you like or don't like. If it doesn't involve magic I probably will like it, and join it. Assuming you let me join :P

12/20/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Warhawk
I feel that another problem was all the "super" races, character, etc. If everyone's OP, than nobody is.

Exactly. That is what was the major problem with the RP.

Everyone had the "Most advanced technology." in every aspect. So when the battled, it became a fight between unstoppable forces and immovable objects.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 12/20/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mark, what he's saying is that you seem to have your mind set that only specific RPs belong here. If that was the case, then World's End would have been deleted in an hour of existing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]