Separatist Space, Discussion II

12/20/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Zarkun
World's End
Which was very lovely because we could finally get some diversity that didn't limit us... Plus it was a wonderful change.
Reply Quote
Zarkun, there is a difference between RP's that belong here and RP's that are accepted here. World's End is accepted, but it doesn't belong here.

Are you just not going to respond, CR :P
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 12/20/2012 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Basically, it boils down to the fact that too many people enjoy liberally buffing their psionic characters to the point that it no longer makes sense in the universe which then crashes the "logic" of the said universe and ruins the roleplay just to compete with another psionic character who did the same.

So in short, psionic characters are bad and should only be used sparingly unless said RPer knows what they are doing. Not that I'm pointing at anyone in particular.

12/20/2012 04:35 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Everyone had the "Most advanced technology." in every aspect. So when the battled, it became a fight between unstoppable forces and immovable objects.

I remember why I didn't participated when this thread first came into existence. It was for this precise reason. Too many OP things, not enough "realism".
Reply Quote
That is seriously the reason it died. It's sad that it's human nature but its true. I agree with everything Smylez said.
Reply Quote
Aquila it makes sense though... Money and research can do a lot of !@#$...
Lacerta and Candor......... They don't have much know, they didn't even have powerful stuff to begin with. Just how you use them.

Markus, how do you define Sci-fi since you asked me how you define Fantasy?
Reply Quote
Mark, you're wrong. Aquila participated in one battle, and this was already dying by then if you're referring to them at all. NONE OF MY CHARACTERS WERE PSIONIC! I think the problem was it was generally uninteresting to RP in, my two favorite moments were both without any real interaction involved.

1) Aga's death. (Fun as hell to write)

2) Invading the BP ship (see above).
Reply Quote
"One, I only said more powerful than Protoss in technology, not the most powerful. Two, Sci-fi and Fantasy are basically the same thing when you boil down to the point. Hell, I think Sci-fi is just a sub-division of Fantasy."
Reply Quote
People just make too many class 10 psionic life forms. Look at PKA. Psionics were powering up left and right and it just limited character interactions for some people.

/endrant

Never mind.

Sci-fi is a very broad term and it would be a huge debate just trying to narrow its defination. The primary difference between sci fi and fantasy is that sci fi attempts to explain the imaginary parts in that they are accomplished through scientific laws and theory.
Edited by smylez on 12/20/2012 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
People just make too many class 10 psionic life forms. Look at PKA. Psionics were powering up left and right and it just limited character interactions for some people.

/endrant
*Cough* Abel *Cough* *Cough*
Reply Quote
Most of us were guilty in PKA of that.

Except for me. I was the only voice of normalcy before I quitted.
Reply Quote
Most of the time I didn't even use my stuff... She's not even that strong of a psionic... But then Marduk added Protoss to her and that would naturally increase it... But Abel.... *Cough* Mach 5 *Cough*
Reply Quote
1701.45 meters/second sounds very reasonable sir!
Edited by smylez on 12/20/2012 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dac, CR, I am not pointing fingers! I'm not saying it was Aquila's fault!

12/20/2012 04:46 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Markus, how do you define Sci-fi since you asked me how you define Fantasy?

Lol... So you're just going to dodge the question? You're the one who said I am incorrectly defining Fantasy. But fine, I will play your game. I would define it about the same way Smylez defined it.

12/20/2012 04:32 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
then you also have to remember that even if you believe it's Fantasy... It's not.

Here is the quote^^

12/20/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Dacder
NONE OF MY CHARACTERS WERE PSIONIC!

Still not pointing at you...

12/20/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Dacder
my two favorite moments were both without any real interaction involved.

That's because all interaction was just "my !@#$ is bigger then yours!"
Reply Quote
Mark: No...no it wasn't.
Reply Quote
Dac... Yes it was. Most interaction was "my !@#$ is bigger then yours." Not necessarily with you, but everyone had their moments... EVERYONE.
Reply Quote
Alright people, enough raging at each other. I think we've figured out what went wrong with the RP, so can we move onto something else now?
Reply Quote
We are not raging, we are debating. It's perfectly healthy and there is nothing wrong with it(In this context.)

Besides, its fun and I'm right and everyone else is wrong xD Jk, jk
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 12/20/2012 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 05:08 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Dac... Yes it was. Most interaction was "my !@#$ is bigger then yours." Not necessarily with you, but everyone had their moments... EVERYONE.
Not..really. There were some fighting scenes, but that was all, and even then those seemed pretty conservative.
Reply Quote
Dac, you don't have to fight to make it a "My !@#$ is bigger then yours" duel. Even the meetings were full of, "Well if you do that I will send the whole Lorian fleet and kill everyone." or "shut up or I'll kill you all!" or, "One more word and I'll shove your !@#$!@#$!#$ Whatever."

Edit:

My point is, everyone always had something to prove about their character or race. It was always a fight between who could kill who, even if they never actually did.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 12/20/2012 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think you're way, way overplaying that Mark. The main reasons were certainly the ones you listed earlier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]