StarCraft® II

If I pre-order, do I get a beta key?

I've been looking around and have some mixed answers on this. As well as some people saying you wouldn't get a key from pre-ordering from blizzard, but you do from Amazon, then someone pointed out that Amazon has actually ran out of keys.

Basically, my question is if I pay money now do I get to play some HoS now?
Reply Quote
Pre order Collectors edition
Reply Quote
Would that net me with a beta key? I was thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure yet, as the stuff that comes with it seem pretty meh at best.
Reply Quote
I know you can get one from GameStop if you pre-ordered with as little as 5$, and if for some reason you don't get into beta you can just ask for your money back.
Reply Quote
Yeah, once my deposit goes through, I am going to try pre-ordering from Amazon and see if it gives me a key, if not I realized I could just cancel it anyway, then I will try Gamestop, and if not I'll just get them to put the $5 towards The Last of Us. Heh.

Will post back once I find out.
Edited by Darktime on 12/3/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, Amazon IS still giving out Beta Keys, so pass it around.

Got mine via email literally within minutes of purchasing.
Reply Quote
Hey, any one order it around the 20th since this post? a lot could have changed since 2 weeks ago. ^^
Reply Quote
Wondering the same as above^ ^
Reply Quote
I just pre ordered collector's edition yesterday and I got my Beta key today... so ya.. :P
Reply Quote
i pre-ordered HoTs ( normal edition ) 2-3 days ago and i instantly got a beta key
Reply Quote
Shawn did you order it from Blizzard or from a company more loyal to its customers?
Edited by Zethros on 12/24/2012 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
i think if you can post on the beta forums you are in the beta
Reply Quote
12/25/2012 08:02 AMPosted by FMEsystek
i think if you can post on the beta forums you are in the beta

Not entirely.

After buying HotS, you can play beta, but you can't use the beta forums yet.... I still can't.
Forum status is what gets updated weekly, actual beta permissions were granted to my brother immediately, as it was for me when I bought the game two days later. So basically, if you want in beta, you can buy pre-HotS to get in instantly.

This is the beta client blizz is giving out, for those who don't have it. You can download it right now, but you can't log in until you buy the game, or get a beta key in some other way.

http://dist.blizzard.com/downloads/sc2-beta-installers/build1-96937bdf/StarCraft-II-Beta-Setup-enUS.exe
Edited by TornadoXIII on 12/27/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just got a beta key by preordering from Gamestop, so that method definitely works. Not sure about Amazon or any other way though.
Reply Quote
Now anyone who gets HoTS gets beta. just order it from blizzard.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Apparently I've been in the HotS beta for awhile now and didn't even realize it. I prepurchased the game off of battle.net a week ago and downloaded the beta client from a post to see if it would work. I could log in and play just fine with no key.
Reply Quote
If you pre-order from Battle.net you get automatically put into the beta (no key involved).

If you pre-order from Amazon they send you a beta key right away.
Reply Quote
I just pre-orderd the collectors edition from battle.net. will i get an email or should i just download the client and play?
I have a shred of fear that this will not work.
Reply Quote
I pre-ordered Standard Edition and got the beta by just downloading the client, and logging in. No Email, No Code
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]