Pre-Order/Buy. Beta Key HOTS?

So if you Buy HOTS in advance with blizzard officially you wont get a beta key? Might be a stupid question, but I don't see it offered anywhere so I am guessing that is the case I just wanted to make sure.
Reply Quote
I think so. But I know for sure if you go to GameStop and pre-order Heart of The Swarm that you will receive a beta key. That's how I got mine :)
Edited by Wolverine on 11/23/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
So we get penalised for buying direct from Blizzard? This is ridiculous. I was a loyal fan and ordered it within minutes of finding out it was available. Many people have beta keys that haven't even ordered the pre-sale version yet. It seems extremely unfair for us that ordered the upgrade direct from Blizzard to miss out. WTF
Reply Quote
11/23/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Myk
So we get penalised for buying direct from Blizzard? This is ridiculous. I was a loyal fan and ordered it within minutes of finding out it was available. Many people have beta keys that haven't even ordered the pre-sale version yet. It seems extremely unfair for us that ordered the upgrade direct from Blizzard to miss out. WTF

If you make a rush decision buying something there's always the potential to miss a better deal. Same case here.
Reply Quote
^ That's really dumb... Blizzard should offer beta to those who purchase through them. Would be smart for blizzard to give beta with their pre-sale more money for them. :)
Reply Quote
I just pre-ordered with Amazon and they sent me a beta key instantly. If you want you can even get the key and cancel the order afterwards lol. I'm gonna go through the the order myself though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0KP4G/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1J0RMFW9HNMD6GWZJR4R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846
Reply Quote
Surely you can cancel your bnet preorder?
Reply Quote
I just pre-ordered with Amazon and they sent me a beta key instantly. If you want you can even get the key and cancel the order afterwards lol. I'm gonna go through the the order myself though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0KP4G/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1J0RMFW9HNMD6GWZJR4R&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846
But the Amazon one is a disk in a box... ewww.
Reply Quote
but when they ship the disk they will email you the product code so that you an predownload
Reply Quote
How did you get your one from Gamestop? I have had the game preordered for awhile now and just paid some more down on it today and i didnt get a beta key was there something special you need to do or did they just not give it to me?
Reply Quote
Maybe you need to pay it all off in order to receive the code
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Wolfman
How did you get your one from Gamestop? I have had the game preordered for awhile now and just paid some more down on it today and i didnt get a beta key was there something special you need to do or did they just not give it to me?

You must complete the purchase before they send you a key.
Edited by zKrieg on 12/9/2012 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, is anyone else stuck on install for the beta HOTS?
Reply Quote
I was but then just stopped downloader and reopened downloader.
Reply Quote
Is there a way to preorder and get a beta key in Canada online?
Reply Quote
Is there a way to cancel blizzard preorder? I am quite far from pleased with that policy and will never buy a game directly from blizzard again let alone PRE buying anything from that company.
Reply Quote
But i went to gamestop and they didnt have a beta key for me... is it in the receipt if so where? they said they havent gotten any beta keys or something...
Reply Quote
I just bought it from Amazon and I got the beta key instantly.
Reply Quote
imo blizzard really should have been more loyal. Does anyone know how to cancel a preorder?
Reply Quote
How come you can't pre-purchase the Collector's Edition anywhere online?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]