StarCraft® II

Apparently Protoss is OP Now.

Played a zerg the other day who tried to take a 4th at 10 mins when I was pushing out with my immortal sentry. He had two spines and a handful of lings, despite scouting an immortal and about 5 sentries a few mins before I attacked. So I pretty much walked into his base and destroyed everything.

He then proceeded to say Protoss is OP, nerf immortals, zerg is so UP etc etc.

What's up with zergs trying to be super greedy? The meta seems to be slowly shifting away from zerg turtling up until brood/infestor into a lot more roach and midgame timings. But a lot of zergs I play simply refuse to make anything before 10 mins (easy wins for me right??). With immortal sentry at a real height of popularity you think there would be a change in strategy? Nope! Not at my level at least where anytime someone loses, something in the matchup was op.

Even when I manage to pull off an archon toilet or two against broodlords I still get the protoss is op garbage. I mean come on, its getting real annoying. I'm all for the meta slowly switching to be in protoss's favour, but come on. Whining doesn't solve anything, trying new strats and builds and practice does.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Immortal/Sentry is still really hard to stop even if you play relatively well. Its way too easy to over drone, but if you under drone and it doesn't come then you're way behind the Protoss in the midgame.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, that's the problem with Silver through Diamond. Bronze players don't give a !@#$, and Masters and GMs actually know that there are ways that they may have given their opponent the game. A lot of the people populating the rest of the leagues, however, tend to be simple-minded whiny 7-year-olds.

There's a few of us that still think straight, but right now I wouldn't think much of it. Worry about it next month when every Zerg is calling it OP when it is actually one of the more balanced things in the game, considering the timing and resources required.
Reply Quote
My word to the wise for Zerg, more money=more problems. I know I am in bronze only for 1v1 but I watch plenty of streams and for any race to be that greedy is asking to lose/decimated. I have do it with a 3 base expand and minimal forces for Protoss early game and well, I get steam rolled by which ever race I am playing.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Rathelm
Its way too easy to over drone, but if you under drone and it doesn't come then you're way behind the Protoss in the midgame.
If you under-droned and made units, then you should be using the units to prevent Protoss from expanding. It works because a Protoss who is feigning that all-in and going for tech instead will not be able to afford defense for a 3rd. You can keep Protoss on 2 base on high tech with no real timing, while you get 3 base Infestors with drones then go straight to hive + 4th when the Protoss eventually takes his 3rd.

The reason Zergs overdrone is because they play a greedy style. The playstyle of Zerg needs to be scaled back to be more conservative. 2 base Ling/Infestor is as strong as a 2 base Protoss who is teching, and is superior to a fast 3rd Nexus Protoss because you're guaranteed to kill that Nexus 99% of the time.
Reply Quote
Zerg players think its legit skillful play to open 3base/80 drones with like 6 lings and rush to BLs, hence why they think anything that kills them before that is OP.

I'd say half the zergs on diamond are carried there by the current state of Zerg. With BL/infestor being so strong. Throw the slightest wrench into their ridiculous greedy build and they completely fall apart and start crying about UP zerg.

Solid Zerg players however, are very hard to beat nowadays.
Reply Quote
I agree with what you say, also as Leongrad said zergs complain that protoss is op if you don't let them just drone then a-move with broodlords. It's annoying because people will always complain no matter what, also the reason so many zergs aren't in bronze is because they use infestors as their counter to everything, also the ones that don't know how to use infestors only know how to a-move then they complain that protoss is the easy race and that protoss is op. But anyway it doesn't matter what they say because the ones that acutally think protoss is op belong in bronze and would be in bronze if they played any other race.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:18 PMPosted by AMadWalrus
I agree with what you say, also as Leongrad said zergs complain that protoss is op if you don't let them just drone then a-move with broodlords. It's annoying because people will always complain no matter what, also the reason so many zergs aren't in bronze is because they use infestors as their counter to everything, also the ones that don't know how to use infestors only know how to a-move then they complain that protoss is the easy race and that protoss is op. But anyway it doesn't matter what they say because the ones that acutally think protoss is op belong in bronze and would be in bronze if they played any other race.

I think toss is OP. 1v1 me silver scrub
Reply Quote
1st of all protoss is OP.
2nd of all why are you telling us about you beating a noob which has nothing to do with it.

Ill 1v1 you too
Reply Quote
Ya'll just too noob to play zerg properly. Toss isn't even close to being op
Reply Quote
Zerg players think its legit skillful play to open 3base/80 drones with like 6 lings and rush to BLs, hence why they think anything that kills them before that is OP.

I'd say half the zergs on diamond are carried there by the current state of Zerg. With BL/infestor being so strong. Throw the slightest wrench into their ridiculous greedy build and they completely fall apart and start crying about UP zerg.

Lets not get carried away here..we both know you don't see balance issues unless you in grandmaster/pro level. Also, "solid zerg players however, are very hard to beat nowadays"..umm...very valid point you bring to the table there..
Reply Quote

Lets not get carried away here..we both know you don't see balance issues unless you in grandmaster/pro level. Also, "solid zerg players however, are very hard to beat nowadays"..umm...very valid point you bring to the table there..

They're hard to beat because Zerg is stronger than Protoss nowadays. I feel if we both play equally well, they win 90% of the time because they can field stronger unit compositions with better econ than what Protoss allows.

If you don't see balance issues, you are either a zerg player(suprise), or maybe you're just incapable of seeing anything, which would be logical from someone in silver league.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Leongrad
If you don't see balance issues, you are either a zerg player(suprise), or maybe you're just incapable of seeing anything, which would be logical from someone in silver league.

I disagree with this. Balance in PvZ seems about 50/50 to me. Also, I am not silver league. I am the same league you are in. :D
Reply Quote

They're hard to beat because Zerg is stronger than Protoss nowadays. I feel if we both play equally well, they win 90% of the time because they can field stronger unit compositions with better econ than what Protoss allows.

Let's not throw around insults to try to make a point. You talk about logic when you have over 3,500 games played and still in diamond. Also, please, show me replays where you play on par with a zerg and they win 90% of the time. Please show me. I'm not trying to take anything away from you nor am I trying to fight with you. I just think you're saying some really stupid things and qq'ing since you're just making general assumptions and jumping on the terran bandwagon.
Edited by DarkSickle on 12/1/2012 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Let's not throw around insults to try to make a point. You talk about logic when you have over 3,500 games played and still in diamond. Also, please, show me replays where you play on par with a zerg and they win 90% of the time. Please show me. I'm not trying to take anything away from you nor am I trying to fight with you. I just think you're saying some really stupid things and qq'ing since you're just making general assumptions and jumping on the terran bandwagon.

Diamond seems to be my ceiling, not much I can do about that other than perhaps spending a lot more time on this, which might not guarantee results either.

Regarding silver, rather than an insult, it seems logical to me that in that league certain balance issues won't be obvious in many games.
I don't save replays, you don't have to agree with me, there are however plenty of replays going around where the Zerg player wins without having outplayed his opponent. If you really wanted to see it that is.
Reply Quote
omg idk y people say this anything in this game is unbalanced. If u pay attention to the pros at all, then u would know that there is clearly no race that is used by most players, and there is no race that is used by very few players. Anyone who thinks that this game is unbalanced and that there is no way to win with a certain race, or impossible to beat a certain race, doesn't know what they're talking about.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Stormshout
I think toss is OP. 1v1 me silver scrub

You think toss is OP because you're bad. Do you hang around playgrounds and beat up on kids half your size?
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Rathelm
but if you under drone and it doesn't come then you're way behind the Protoss in the midgame.

no. just no.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]