StarCraft® II

Void ray

After reading the latest balance changes I was thinking about the void ray idea. Apparently blizz wants to find a way to let the player choose when the beam charges rather than over time.

I thought back to Halo Wars (The little RTS that failed...) There was a covenant unit called the locust, which fired a beam similarly to the void ray. You could research an upgrade for the locust that let the player overcharge the beam on demand, but as you used the charge beam, it depleted the unit's shields.

I'm not sure what ideas have been tossed around but it seems like an overall balanced change, since the player will have to decide whether or not the shield drain is worth it in a certain engagement. Building harass could become a lot easier with that change too, but i'm sure the oracle is good enough.
Reply Quote
They're talking about making the Oracle less of a building harass unit (which overlaps with the Voidray's ability to snipe buildings) and more of a worker harass unit.

Honestly, the current Oracle is completely OP lol. Awesome yes, but no harass unit should be able to snipe a building THAT fast.
Reply Quote
And they want to release in March 2013....
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:54 AMPosted by EllisD
And they want to release in March 2013....

Yeah, they seem to have a long way to go given that they had playable HOTS builds, what, over a year ago?
Reply Quote
actually halo wars is fun i still play it
Reply Quote
stimmed voids would still get their !@# handed to them by marines, hydras, vikings

I thought blizz was going to redesign the voidray...not just give it a copy cat ability.

gee thanks
Reply Quote

Honestly, the current Oracle is completely OP lol. Awesome yes, but no harass unit should be able to snipe a building THAT fast.

The current oracle is just a cheese unit. It's great if your opponent doesn't scout it, but it's fairly easy to stop honestly. It has low range and it can't attack anti-air units.

Tempests are much better really.
Reply Quote
They need to give it the ability to charge at other air units and poke em with their ugly VR beak. That would fix things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]