Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Honestly though... Forcefields.
The key things when faced with this...
1) Do not get your army caught out in the open. The more narrow the area, the better. So use caution when A-moving your army through the center of a 4 player map.
2) keep an observer with his army, know where the banelings are. You do not want to move out, and get caught by surprise by a big swarm of banelings. (Observer speed is something a lot of people do not get, but works wonders)
3) keep an eye on his overlords. If you notice your opponent got overlord speed upgrade, get ready for baneling drops ontop of your army. You will need to spread your army, and throw forcefields around everything to mitigate this.
4) Storm will make your opponent cry.
Edited by Erpman on 11/28/2012 1:19 PM PST
A few zealots with charge can be good, especially if you miss forcefields.
Forcefields are key. Banelings have low hitpoints, so storms can be very effective (as can colossi, but you need to keep them alive with support units left over).
Archons are great at both killing banelings and absorbing their attacks.
Stalkers are very useful to blink one at a time into the banelings. If you blink them at once they die, but one at a time, it's very cost efficient!
hell if its just banelings, you can probably even beat it without ff. banelings trade so poorly.
Just in theory, but if you see a bunch of banes headed your way, split your stalkers out from your main army. seriously, it takes like 50 banes to kill one stalker. Just saying if you dont have ff.
Methods of Sacking Units on Banelings
I'd be surprised if you killed 3 overlords before he dropped half his junk on you, splitting is better.
I used to crush Protosses with mass ling/bane if they relied on Collossi and blink stalkers. You need good force fields or storms against banelings on the ground, and baneling drops are actually pretty good against Collossi styles.
Chargelot/Immortal/Archon is the A-move ground army vs ling/bane, although you want to split the zealots.
then you should have immortals and a max'd army by the time the zerg has hive + ultra tech.
immortals focus ultras, forcefields behind the ultras preventing additional banelings from coming.
Forcefields + Colossus
just make a wall with ffs and each wave of colossus fire will kill soooo many banelings.
storm is not a good idea because you might miss/get all your temp blown up. coloss just so much easier and remains a hardcounter to ling/baneling heavy (unless they have mass infestor too).
sounds like this guy has little support, so coloss is the way 2 go.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.