StarCraft® II

laptop specs, help porfavor!!

buying a new laptop, and wanted to know what you guys thought about the specs on it. will this run d3/sc2 maxed out?
3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor (2.4GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) edit
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 630M Graphics with 2GB of dedicated video memory
Memory 12GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) edit
750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
No. It will run diablo on med-high and starcraft at medium flat, except textures can be set to ultra. The processor is more than capable, however the 630m is decent, but not comparable to the i7 processor. My laptop has a 7670m video card, slightly faster than the 630m, with an i5-3210m processor. Performance on my laptop will be equal or slightly better than the one you chose since my graphics card is slightly faster.

I'm not saying the i7 isn't better, because it is, but the 630m will bottleneck the i7 quite a lot, which could mean an i5 with a slightly better card would perform faster, since the processor still outperforms the card slightly.

Note: My HDD is 500GB 7200rpm, so it should be slightly faster as well.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 2 was released on July 27, 2010. That should answer your question.
Reply Quote
Okay so what model would run Sc2 HoTS? also buying a laptop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]