StarCraft® II

RP thread in the Established Universe.

Hey there! This isn't quite the rp thread. I've been looking around, and I"ll admit I'm new to the forums, but not to Starcraft.

Now that that is out of the way, would there be any interest in an rp in the established universe? No custom made factions with doomsday weapons. Just controlling and rping a single, or at the most a handful of characters. Preferably limited to humanoid characters.

If I can get a few participants we can decide which part of the timeline we want to start in, and play out some minor roles in battles, or just use the timeline events as reference points. Anyways. If anyone is interested, please, just let me know and I'd be happy to get a thread started. Just need a few signatures to know if I should. Also, if there is already something like this, please, point me in the right direction.

Glhf all.

-KrOza
Reply Quote
i can name 2 with your requirements though they are a bit ... off set from the main SC universe
Final Stand and In Glory We Return
Reply Quote
In Glory We Return isn't as bad as Final Stand though... It would be interesting to do something based off of the Guild Wars.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 06:16 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
It would be interesting to do something based off of the Guild Wars
agreed
Reply Quote
Would allow some conflict between Terrans. And if not Guild Wars, then it could always be something more casual. There is nothing wrong with straying far from what is established as canon. I mean, if we didn't, a lot of people would lose out on posting from their own creativity. I'm just a big fan of Starcraft itself, the world it takes place in, that aside from the custom characters that aren't Gods in disguise and a bit more ordinary could be fun. :D Just checked out Glory We Return and Last Stand. I noted the no Psionic rule. Is there a lot of abuse in that regard? FNG, as I've said. Heh. :p Thanks for the quick responses, everyone!
Reply Quote
both rps take place in a possible future from the end of WoL. Final Stand is pretty far in the future and currently seems like its falling into disuse In Glory We Return is just starting up set only a short jump into the future and yes a large number of characters seem to be psionic and many abuse it. i my self will give my characters power but i almost always seem to down play them when actually rping though i do give plenty of confindence in their abilities to my chars. they sometimes get disabused of this confidence though :P
Reply Quote
P&P is also like that. It's just really far into the future, with the opposite result as FS.
Reply Quote
I noted the no Psionic rule. Is there a lot of abuse in that regard?
Depends on the RP, and after they start adding a personal story then that's when things start to become real interesting.... Having a character in one RP who is your normal person can be abruptly changed in a dramatic way when they create a story... We had a few incidents because someone did that.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 06:37 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Having a character in one RP who is your normal person can be abruptly changed in a dramatic way when they create a story... We had a few incidents because someone did that.
ouch and yes P&P is the opposite of FS but .... politics ..... POLITICS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!
Edited by TheLostMorph on 12/2/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Morph, just go where the wild goose flies, while your paddle is dipping in silver. Dip, dip, and swing.

.... Don't ask, for I was bored....

And I will not list any names on the person that has done that.
Reply Quote
Understandable.. So I'm hearing a bit of interest for the Kel-Morian Guild Wars. That'd provide two sides at the very least. The Confederacy of Man, and the aforementioned Kel-Morians. :3
Reply Quote
..... ummmm ......

NEVER FORGET THE UMOJANS even if they didnt really participate in the Guild Wars
Edited by TheLostMorph on 12/2/2012 6:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, they totally had a few volunteers from Umoja fighting alongside the Kel-Morians! You're right. :)
Reply Quote
:P *Umojan Sniper hits Mengsk in the face* *the entire history of SC rewrites itself* no more dominion the confederacy lost the war against the protoss and zerg ..... UED never came to Koprulu ....
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 06:55 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
UED never came to Koprulu ....
I believe they would still come because of the Zerg, but I'm not to sure.
Reply Quote
hmmm possibly but they came to kick Restore order between the Terran factions also ..... didnt last long though :P
Edited by TheLostMorph on 12/2/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Certainly couldn't do anything game changing. That'd stray from the established. ;)
Reply Quote
The Illuminati?
Reply Quote
hmmm an anti-vadican/anti-order secret society ..... might make for an interesting rp to say the least :P
Reply Quote
Oh...didn't know that you took me seriously with that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]