StarCraft® II

[BUG] Login attempt relaunches game

Launching Starcraft II brings up Blizzard's Starcraft II updater. From this point, clicking play loads in the main menu. Typing in my email address makes the connect button light up, but then things have started going differently. Instead of clicking connect and being able to type in a password (which, the password box appears after I click connect usually I believe? I don't get on as often as I use to.), it now instead relaunches the game, loading the Starcraft II updater again (which does tell me its fully updated). Clicking play again from here brings up the main menu, trying to login from here brings the updater back up, and thus the loop continues.

I looked at the play offline button, but its currently inactive as well. I'm not sure of any other way to login.

My account seems fine, as I logged in with no problems to the forum. Additionally, I loaded the game some time within the past two weeks, so I had most of the updates and it worked fine then. However, I know some updates were loaded tonight, and the most recent version listed on the patch notes from the downloader is 1.5.3.

I'm on a Windows 7 operating system, and did recently update windows (through windows update). I don't think I can roll those updates back to test without them however. If there is a way to reinstall the game, I could try that option to make sure all the files are still in tact.

That's all the information I can give. If anyone else has had similar problems, let me know if they have been resolved.
Edited by CYBERBMD on 12/1/2012 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Hey there, CYBERBMD -

Sorry to hear this is happening for you when trying to launch the game. I would like to have you try the following steps from our Technical Support articles, which may resolve the issue (if your tools folder is corrupted):

1. Close any Blizzard programs (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
--- To close Agent:
  • Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager.
  • Click the Processes tab.
  • Select the agent.exe process and click End Process.

2. Configure Windows to Show Hidden Files and Folders.

3. Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:
--- C:\ProgramData\

4. Right-click the Battle.net folder and click Delete.

5. Relaunch the game using its normal shortcut or launcher.

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Thanks!
--- Kelphe
Reply Quote
The problem has been resolved. I launched it today, it did about a 4 second update, and then it let me log in fine. I just got on here to check the thread afterwards, so I didn't actually have to follow to steps above. Thank you for the support.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]