StarCraft® II

HoTS photon cannon upgrade?

maybe a twilight council upgrade or something... giving it splash damage or AOE or something... cause protoss needs help vs mutas and tempests are just a bit to slow (by the way this is coming from a zerg) just an idea
Reply Quote
You're not really supposed to use tempest against mutas, and protoss have all the tools they need to deal with mutas. Phoenix, storm, and archons all do well against them.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Linkebungu
You're not really supposed to use tempest against mutas, and protoss have all the tools they need to deal with mutas. Phoenix, storm, and archons all do well against them.

except phoenix are only good vs them, not amazing...especially if mutas get that speed boost

storm is good but ht are the slowest unit in the game vs speed boost mutas

archons are also not quick and are easily avoided by a good zerg

but the main reason for my QQ is because i'm tired of needing 2 or 3 units in an army just to counter zerg being mass of 1 unit.

mass corruptor? oh just get voidrays and storm
mass mutas? phoenix and storm
mass roach? immortal sentry stalker
mass infestor? stalker colossus

I wonder what it would feel like to be able to not think about composition at all...and just build 1 unit...hmm
Reply Quote

If zerg masses 1 unit you should win 100 out of 100 times unless it is the stephano max.

12/04/2012 08:27 PMPosted by iXioN
I wonder what it would feel like to be able to not think about composition at all...and just build 1 unit...hmm

Troll and mass voidrays. Back then voidrays were overpowered. Just recall them back through the mothership if fungaled. That is why they removed the speed upgrade. Because of that voids have become much much more tame.
Reply Quote
except phoenix are only good vs them, not amazing...especially if mutas get that speed boost

Phoenix are actually pretty amazing against mutas as long as you're not outnumbered 10 to 1, and with the range upgrade it's ridiculously easy to kite them.

storm is good but ht are the slowest unit in the game vs speed boost mutas

archons are also not quick and are easily avoided by a good zerg

You want both of these units already in position to defend against mutas before they arrive.

but the main reason for my QQ is because i'm tired of needing 2 or 3 units in an army just to counter zerg being mass of 1 unit.

You may need 2 or 3 units to counter their one massed unit, but when you have the right composition you'll completely destroy them. Ling muta can't stand up to archons in the slightest.

Who masses corruptors?
Mass mutas can be dealt with by phoenix alone, storm and archons just make direct engagements with them much easier.
Mass roach is a little tougher, but there's not much damage they can do when you have the right composition to counter it.
Infestors just got nerfed, so massing them is a lot less reliable now.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Linkebungu
You're not really supposed to use tempest against mutas
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:55 AMPosted by ProtisSniper
You're not really supposed to use tempest against mutas

The only reason im saying this is because back when HoTS was first announced the tempest had an AOE shot that obliterated mutas, i understand now a days the tempests function has changed but blizzard said that Protoss needs help defending mutas then again what do they know?
Reply Quote
except phoenix are only good vs them

a few phoenixes with range upgrade will kill an infinite number of mutas with minimal micro.
Reply Quote
If you're here only to suggest creative/stupid/pointless/thoughtful gameplay changes, please head over to the General Forums. This Forum is designated to discuss the current state of Protoss and how we should play against our Terran and Zerg rivals.
Edited by Guilt on 12/5/2012 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
How about giving the cannons the ability to be re deployed within the pylon field like they used to be with their original concept.

I think this would be Protoss more viability when having to defend by being able to re position the cannons from different attack paths and keep the enemy on their toes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]