[Bug] Screenshots auto-deleting themselves

It's the second time my map loses its screenshots even though I imported and saved them properly in the map.

Because of the 800x600 restriction, and since I want to show the full screen, I had to resize my screenshots taken from higher resolution (and different ratio). I then filled the blank space left at the bottom with black the first time. And with nothing (left it white in Paint) the second time.

They would usually last one publish or two, but on the third, they disappeared from the Import folder.

I also realized the linked image's size had been decreased from 800x600 to something that looked like the actual size of it if it was to not count the Black/Blank fill I added in Paint.

This is a very annoying bug. Please fix.
Reply Quote
I have zero knowledge about it. But maybe try to keep the screenshots inside another folder inside your map then re-link the map's screenshots to the new paths then see if it sticks over republishs?

Also checking the editor a bit, I say you should try to import the screenshot manually into your map via the Import Editor then pick it via "Add screenshot".

I am not sure if the "Import screenshot" implies that it always try to reget your screenshot off your hard drive to re-import it on each map save. If so then if you move the file, it would mean it cannot get it again and you lost your screenshot as far the map is concerned.
Edited by Honejasi on 12/6/2012 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I always used the "Import Module". :/
Reply Quote
Ah then I seriously don't know why it does go wrong. Maybe try screenshots below 800x600 in case there is a weird bug that somehow scraps exact 800x600 files but not somewhat smaller picture files.
Edited by Honejasi on 12/6/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Honejasi
Ah then I seriously don't know why it does go wrong. Maybe try screenshots below 800x600 in case there is a weird bug that somehow scraps exact 800x600 files but not somewhat smaller picture files.

800x600 is a required size. Nothing else is allowed to be uploaded as a screenshot picture. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]