StarCraft® II

Swarm Host Upgrade - Baneling Launcher

I would post this in beta forum, but cannot without a beta account.
Does anyone think it would interesting to have a mid/late game upgrade for the swarm host that allowed them to load and launch banelings in a dodgeable arc. It would have a moderate range and only be useable while unburrowed.
Not sure on numbers:

Damage/explosion radius - same as a baneling on foot
Range - 9?
Speed - about the same as the beta infestor projectile, but launched in an arc
Launch/load while unburrowed only
Maybe it could load 4 at once instantly and fire at a rate slightly slower than a siege tank, but each bane would have to be targetted/queued and fired manually.

I feel like it would add a second diverse function to the swarm host and add to zerg's options.
And it would be micro-intensive and interesting to watch, a player with lots of APM could spawn locusts, uproot and launch banes during an engagement.
Reply Quote
Did somebody say...baneling launcher?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPDZ3zxCw_M&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
isnt it enough that the swarm host gives you an unlimited amount of units? every time ive used SH i pretty much demolish any player bc they usually cant deal.. bane launching would be retarded to the fact that its essentially the same as fungal growth except without the ability to freeze them in place
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPDZ3zxCw_M&feature=plcp

OM(F)G.......

owned
Reply Quote
Err........Uh.......Maybe.....................not.
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 06:47 AMPosted by PsykotiK
snt it enough that the swarm host gives you an unlimited amount of units? every time ive used SH i pretty much demolish any player bc they usually cant deal.. bane launching would be retarded to the fact that its essentially the same as fungal growth except without the ability to freeze them in place

They're not unlimited. You get two per Swarm Host and they usually die before they do any damage. The Swarm Host is totally vulnerable between "attacks".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]