StarCraft® II

In Glory We Return, Part 2

"I'm still surprised the elevator still works..."
Reply Quote
I look at a couple wall panels and remove one, looking at the wiring. "The Zerg seem to have been fairly focused, and forgot about this place once the relic was gone. Least, the wiring suggests that much. Still...you have a point. Who knows what they did to the lower levels."
Reply Quote
Romeo checked their six while Terri moved up, she answered the question to Chen. "The reason being... Is that even if the main power is down, there would most likely be an emergency power source powering the main equipment... But I doubt that since the steam power is working just as good."
Reply Quote
"Coal? But how long would that last?" I mutter absentmindedly to myself.
Reply Quote
"Maybe that's where any survivors are. The reason this place is still running."
Reply Quote
"If we can find a control room, some place with cameras, we can check up on the places ahead and plan accordingly. We might even find survivors."

"Should we call the lift?"
Reply Quote
Now would be an excellent time for Zanon to ninjapear.
Reply Quote
///Brigadier Wells///
"Call the lift. Defensive positions along the corridor in case there is a baneling to boot."

The doors open and reveal two marines nailed to the back wall by hydralisk spines. One of them seems to still be breathing in short, gasping breaths.

Wells points at Pvt. Henry then makes a chopping motion towards the wounded marine. Pvt. Henry nods and approaches the marine.

///Pvt. Henry///
As indicated by the Brigadier, Henry quietly and swiftly approaches the marine, checking the sides an top of the elevator for zerg. Finding none, he lowers his weapon and moves to check on the injured marine. "Hold still, we are here to help."

The marine struggles to speak. "Please."
Private Henry shushes him quietly. "Don't speak."
The marine struggles to speak again. "Please..... Kill me." The injured marine raises the rifle clutched still clutched in his hand and empties the clip into Pvt. Henry.

Henry's power armor twitches for a moment as it tries to adjust to the sudden loss of so much of it's structure. The gyros loose the battle and Henry falls backward.

///Brigadier Wells///
"OPEN FIRE!"
Reply Quote
Writing in 1st person from now on.

IC: I respond immediately, sending several gauss spikes into the marine's head.
Reply Quote
"HELL'S BELLS!" Rick screams, and is the first of squad Anonym to fire into the mass of the marine being the closest. Moments later Michael trains his left arm at the abomination and fires, causing its torso to explode in a shower of blood and gore.
Reply Quote
The Behemoth lunges foward, crushing the marine. It holds still for a moment before moving back, letting the remains hang there. I shot him in the head to make he was dead.

"We should burn the bodies. They spent enough time here already."
Reply Quote
The elevaror makes a sound not unlike overstressed metal. A quick look reveals that one of the cables was damaged by the Gauss fire and another two had been broken entirely.
The steel cable is fraying rapidly and there is a ping as another wire snaps under the elevator's weight.

"GET OUT!"
Reply Quote
"Well !@#$ just hit the fan."
Reply Quote
The squad manages to leap out of elevator, Macintosh helping Michael to his feet after the jump.
Reply Quote
Romeo punched the side of a wall, his anger was clearly shown and he had a colorful vocabulary.

Terri herself was worried, this was the first time for her. "What do we do without an elevator? We either have to find another or take the stairs... And if we have to detonate this facility? One of us are going to have to sacrifice themselves and detonate it remotely."
Reply Quote
"This facility should have many elevators considering it's 300 floors from top to bottom."
Reply Quote
Romeo almost burst out with anger, almost grabbing Chen. "You don't understand do you!? What if all of the elevators are like this?"
Reply Quote
"Then we walk," I reply coolly.
Reply Quote
"Well, then we all get to have a newfound hatred of stairs as we go down up to 300 floors to get the artifact." Rick replies with a dry tone.
Edited by Jake on 12/12/2012 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
IC:
I nod;
"Who ever has the schematics for this place, find us the nearest elevator."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]