Bad FPS when ATI Radeon CrossfireX is enabled

both SC2 and HOTS get pretty bad frames when crossfirex is enabled in the ATI Radeon Catalyst control panel.

I have 2 identical video cards of
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5850 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card HD585XZAFC

When i this crossfire feature enabled i get about half if not less frames when the game starts to get pretty frame intensive, such as around 80 unit supply, i see a significant drop. Multiplayer games are almost intolerable to play, as the game starts off around 20 frames, and drops to about 7 FPS at about 120 supply in a 2v2 game.

I noticed that this video card started getting really bad frames when 1.5.0 patch.

When I disable crossfireX, I get a solid 100FPS and the game does not drop below 30FPS at all during 2v2 games, in 4v4 it can be pretty bad.

Graphic settings detected by SC2 for recommended settings: ultra, but when I drop it down to high its stilli pretty bad. Essentially I have to go through each setting that says it depends on the graphics card and drop it down to medium.

Other notes:
- this is full screen windowed in a dual monitor setup, game monitor 1920x1200
- prior to 1.5.0 patch, in the same dual monitor setup, there was no graphics lag at all. not even in 4v4.

I can understand if crossfire is not supported, but can we at least make it not perform worse than when its enabled. It's a pain for the user to configure their graphics card setting in a game like this that shouldnt be so intensive.
Reply Quote
You should be playing in 1080. in 1200 you dont get any extra sight, but you lose some vision on the sides. I use a 1920x1200 monitor, but I play SC2 and any RTS at 1080
Edited by MonkeyDLuffy on 9/14/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]