StarCraft® II

Cannot play HOTS beta. Can't connect or load.

If it is possible with a hotfix there is maybe a chance we will see it with tomorrow's maintenance, considering they've stated the found the fix already. But I am not holding my breath.
Reply Quote
That's great Blizzard. don't bother to QA one of the 2 platforms you support before pushing a major beta release to production. Glad that I scrounged up the cash to pre-order specifically to play the beta over the holidays -- unaware that it was broken.

Please release a hotfix patch for us. It's the right thing to do.
Reply Quote
So the next major patch came out today, the patch that was supposed to have a Mac fix on it, still no fix. When can I actually be expecting one because it is clear it didn't come out when the thread said that it would. Would love to hear more news about this/ a response.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Technical support is unable to address beta bugs, as we can only support the live version of our games. This is why HotS is a beta, as anything can go astray in beta testing, and is best addressed in the Beta forums.

FWIW, this is a known issue and parties are working to resolve this.
Edited by Machkhan on 12/13/2012 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Glad people are working to resolve it. I just pre-purchased the game assuming the beta would at least let me log in, not be completely unoperable on my platform for an extended period of time.
Reply Quote
Same with me, I have access because I preordered, but I can't log in after installing. Any estimate on when this will be fixed?
Reply Quote
Just got my beta installed, and I am getting the connecting to Battle.Net screen for perpetuity. I really would like to mess up some terrans with Swarm Hosts.
Reply Quote
Definitely only problem on macs. I can play on my sony viao (windows 7), but not on my mac pro (mountain lion). Thing is I don't have a mouse for my old pc :( .
Reply Quote
I have same problem
Reply Quote
updated, still have the problem
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Beta is still in maintenance I believe. Let's wait awhile and test again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]