StarCraft® II

Unable to download authentication module

I can't seem to log in. When I click login, I get the message "Unable to download authentication module". What should I do?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Try removing the Battle.net cache and try again.
Reply Quote
No, that didn't help. :(
Says: Battlenet connection lost
Unable to download authentication module.
Reply Quote
I should probably mention, this is on the HOTS Beta. Normal SC works just fine.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. And I tried removing the Battle.net cache.
Reply Quote
i have the same problem, anyone know a fix?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is this for the live version of the game or beta?
Reply Quote
I'm having troubles with the beta.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You will need to post in the beta forums for assistance. Technical Support is unable to address beta issues.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/5671339/
Reply Quote
Same issue.. but this is on SC WoL, my HoTS works just fine.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you tried the mentioned solution above and delete the Battle.net cache?
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I have two laptops that cannot connect. I just have the WoL, not the new beta yet. And all of a sudden, yesterday (Jan 3) it stopped working after working fine for a year. I've deleted the cache, but there is still no change.
I'm on a US account, but I'm in Japan now.
Reply Quote
I can not even seem to get to the point of entering my password anymore since I deleted the battle.net cache! it just keeps saying connecting to battle.net....I just wanna play the HotS beta mannnnn any suggestions?...
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue as well from Japan. I have tried reinstalling the application, deleting battle.net cache but they didn't help :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is this issue still happening?

From what I've read, it may be a DNS issue. Can we try flushing your DNS first and see if it helps.

Flush the DNS
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and launch Terminal.
    2. Copy/Paste the following:
    dscacheutil -flushcache3. Press return.
    Note: You will not get any feedback from Terminal if this is done correctly on any OS.
    4. Then go in your Network pref pane => Advanced and click "Renew DHCP lease"
    5. Attempt to connect to the game.
Reply Quote
I tried flushing the DNS but I am still having the same issue :/ I am on a mac...and my wings of liberty loads launches and plays just fine....but the heart of the swarm beta just refuses to do a single thing with that authentication error...Ive also tried deleting the cache to no avail also...frustrating man...frustrating..
Reply Quote
Hi Machkahn,

Thank you very much for your help and support. I tried flushing DNS cache by following your steps. However, I still get the same error "Unable to download an authentication module". Please let us know if there is anything else we can try or any other information you need from us.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is this happening for the live client or Heart of the Swarm?
Edited by Machkhan on 1/7/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just got the beta key today so I downloaded and installed the app on my Mac (OS X ML). I get the same error after clearing the cache and the dns.
After all that I double checked WoL was still working. After launching it and logging in I got an "Error downloading content..." but the progress bar went through and the game worked fine.
I went back to Heart of the Swarm and it still can't detect my internet connection.

Edit:
I found this post that might be the problem I'm having.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7321072214
Edited by rupio on 1/7/2013 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep. Same problem. Though there has been a patch on the 18th this problem clearly still exists? Just followed the instructions to clear my Blizz cache and still can't download the authentication module.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]