StarCraft® II

Unable to enter public lobby for Aiur Chef.

When attempting to join a game of Aiur Chef from the custom games menu, the UI goes into a "Searching for Players" mode, similar to a random matching for ladder games.

I am not put into a lobby, and as such there is no option to start a game earlier, with less players. There is also no indication of other players searching for the game, so I have never managed to start a public game of Aiur Chef, I assume because there are never 8 players willing to sit there and wait with no visual indication of anything happening.

===

Because each team is an individual player in Aiur Chef, it is impossible to join (or create a private game) as a party. Since this is currently the only way to play a game of Aiur Chef, it is slightly annoying. The only workaround is to create a private game alone, and then individually add players to the map.

===

Possibly related:

Yesterday, after waiting and failing to join a public game of Aiur Chef, I was unable to create a private game or to join a ladder game. I received the message "Unable to perform this action while searching for a game."

I had no indication in the typical game search area that a search was ongoing, especially since I had just cancelled an Aiur Chef search. I had to restart Starcraft 2 to fix the error.
Reply Quote
This still hasn't been fixed? I just tried it myself and I too can't join into any Aiur Chef game.
Edited by Philippe on 7/29/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Me neither :(
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
The original post stated Custom Game menu, but Aiur Chef is now an Arcade map, and thus you should be placed in a queue when joining from the Arcade, with the lobby-search indicator at the top of your screen, and will require enough other players for a full game.

Please let me know if what I've described is NOT what you are experiencing, and we can continue to investigate the issue.

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]