StarCraft® II

Gold-Diamond Coaching - free of course

**7/22/13** Big edit..... (deleted entire original post, and am re-typing it all out)

Allrighty, figure it is time to get back into it. Havn't been coaching the past 3 months. Primarily because I wanted to make sure I was comfortable w/ HoTs first.

But with that being said... I'm back!!

My playstyle very heavily favors a defensive/scouting macro style play. If you are looking to learn 1 or 2 base all-ins, please do not waste either of our time, and move along. I will not be a good coach for you.

Offering up some free Protoss coaching, to those who have the following.......

#1 Skype+Mic

#2 Patience

#3 A big boy voice (Sorry, I have a difficult time communicating to those who are.... on the young side)

If interested, please hit me up on skype. My skype username is - Erpman0

I am typically available anyday after 6pm pacific.

PLEASE BE PATIENT, every time I have opened this thread back up, I get bombarded w/ messages every day. I coach in my free time, and well, for free. This means I sadly cannot facilitate EVERYONES needs/wants.

If I do not respond, give me a little time, and message again. I do not spend enough of my time coaching to be able to coach 5+ people at any given time.

First come first serve. :-D

I also plan on streaming coaching sessions. My twitch channel is....

twitch.tv/erpman0

If you do not wish to have your session on stream, just let me know.

I have explained in the past, why I do not coach players under gold league. I don't really want to type out the entire explination again, but the basic reason is as follows.

I do not feel bronze/silver league players have a good enough grasp of basic macro to fully take advantage of my coaching.
Edited by Erpman on 7/23/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This sounds pretty good Im willing to take lessons from you. I'm high silver and capable of beating golds but I could always use some help from a masters player.
Reply Quote
btw I rlly hate PvP and struggle a little with PvZ but my PvP is awful
Reply Quote
12/10/2012 03:18 PMPosted by FIREtoBLAZE
btw I rlly hate PvP and struggle a little with PvZ but my PvP is awful

who doesnt hate pvp?

lol
Reply Quote
I feel like it wasn't that long ago I turned on your stream just after you reached gold and gave a quick overview of how to immortal sentry all-in. :D

And now you made masters before me. Jealous. Good luck!

Oh and I love PvP :P
Edited by wraithcube on 12/10/2012 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I feel like it wasn't that long ago I turned on your stream just after you reached gold and gave a quick overview of how to immortal sentry all-in. :D

And now you made masters before me. Jealous. Good luck!

Oh and I love PvP :P

It wasn't that long ago :-)

Still streaming from time to time as well, just a bit better than I used to be, heh.
Reply Quote
Would love some help, I am pretty new, so I am sure I will need lots LOL ;)
Reply Quote
Added my skype username to my original post. Also added the times I am usually available.

Erpman
Reply Quote
Here is an easy one. What aspect of play is most important for a high gold player to focus on?

My late game Macro is down and I hear that is the most important but I lose to a lot of stupid !@#$ like if I open phoenix PvP the Opponent was blind four-gating and I lose a game that I could have easily won if I had a more detailed scout.
Edited by Hippo on 12/11/2012 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
ahhhh c'mon you could coach plat too :D
Reply Quote
Here is an easy one. What aspect of play is most important for a high gold player to focus on?

My late game Macro is down and I hear that is the most important but I lose to a lot of stupid !@#$ like if I open phoenix PvP the Opponent was blind four-gating and I lose a game that I could have easily won if I had a more detailed scout.

At high gold, scouting / learning to counter, is infact going to be a very important part of your game to begin focusing on, while still focusing on Macro.

In PvP, your probe scout is looking for 2 important things. Gas, Chrono.

Did your opponent take 1 or 2 gases?
Is your opponent using Chrono on probes? or are they saving up a lot of chrono.

If you see 1 gas + chrono being saved + only 1 gate. You are looking at what is most likely a 4-gate.

If you see 2 gas + chrono being saved, you are looking at potentially a stargate opener, or potentially a blink stalker build.

Those are just a couple things to look for atleast in PvP.

You should also be keeping your probe in their base as long as you safely can. If they get a zealot out first, you know you still have about 40 seconds to safely run around until they can have another unit out. Stay in, keep getting more info. If your opponent is 4-gating, you can safely stay in their base long enough to see them chronoing their cyber core. If you pay real close attention, you will also be able to see that probes were cut.

If you plan to open Phoenix play, you also need to open zealot+sentry. Not stalker.

But in general, when you are trying to hit plat, you really need to start focusing on your scouting/countering. While still macro'ing at the same time. Platinum players will have builds, and know how to counter builds. You still need to focus heavily on Macro, but also start learning how to properly scout, and how to react to specific builds.

12/12/2012 03:01 AMPosted by Scyt
ahhhh c'mon you could coach plat too :D

I "can" yes, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it, at the moment.

I have never really "coached" anyone, so until I get the hang of it and have specific routines / strategies for coaching, I think I would help lower level players more.
Edited by Erpman on 12/12/2012 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been looking for someone to give me some advice. I'm a brand new RTS and SC2 player. I foolishly jumped into the latter straight away. I've been in bronze for about two weeks now. I've watched a ton of Day 9's "Newbie Tuesday" videos and I feel like I have, at the very least, a basic grasp of the fundamentals of this game.

When I say fundamentals of the game, I mean the macro aspect, I'm terrible at both micro and macro, but I understand what I'm supposed to be doing macro wise. I'm just bad at executing it. Micro, is totally different. I don't really get hotkeys, I know what they do. I'm terrible at setting them up and actually using them though.

I'd love to have a more experienced player giving me advice though. I work at Papa John's as a driver. As such, my work hours are pretty random and change week to week. However, when I'm not working, I'm usually online (either Skype, SC 2, or both). So, I'll add you and hopefully we'll find time to play together.

Edit: By the way my ingame name is HulkSmash #156
Edited by HulkSmash on 12/12/2012 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
sure thing.

One question though. Do you use a GPS at work? Does it mount to your windshield?

If so, move it to the lower left corner of your windshield ASAP.

Don't ask... just do it.

:-)

I use a GPS at work, and just trust me, you want to move it there.

Best drop play defense known to man! (or atleast me)
Edited by Erpman on 12/12/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
grats on masters
Reply Quote
sure thing.

One question though. Do you use a GPS at work? Does it mount to your windshield?

If so, move it to the lower left corner of your windshield ASAP.

Don't ask... just do it.

:-)

I use a GPS at work, and just trust me, you want to move it there.

Best drop play defense known to man! (or atleast me)

No, I either use the GPS on my phone or printed directions from the store. Our computer system will print out turn by turn (map quest style) directions to most addresses.
Edited by HulkSmash on 12/12/2012 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
boo

and i'll be off work in about..... 8 hours.

This is my friday, so after 6pm tonight, i'll probably be around most of the time for the next 3 days. So just hit me up whenever.
Edited by Erpman on 12/12/2012 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
I sent you a skype request, at least I think that was you, there are 3 Erpmans
Reply Quote
bah, sorry.

forgot to change the username on my post, i wrote it wrong.

I am erpman0

if you sent one to just "erpman" it isn't me

and i'll accept it tonight once i'm off work.
Edited by Erpman on 12/12/2012 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
If your still picking up ppl to coach let me know....im stuck at high silver and just cant get out of silver league. I would love to get some pointers as to what im doing or what im scouting.
Ill shoot you a request on skype when im off work.
Reply Quote
Ty for the awesome pointers! I hope i can get out of Silver now!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]