StarCraft® II

Gold-Diamond Coaching - free of course

Coaching still avalible? if so ima high round 6 or higher bronze player and in need of some massive help.The essentials such as scouting and microing and macroing are forign to me.I know how to scout but not what to look for when doing so.
Reply Quote
sure am, just hit me up on skype
Reply Quote
i really need help erpman. Im in gold but not winning a lot. my PVT is bad
Reply Quote
Hey mate,

ive been trying to do your style erpgate and im running into some problems, would you be able to look over a replay of me doing it and give some advice? i just added you on skype.

http://drop.sc/297524

ty
Reply Quote
Hey Erpman, I started Starcraft 2 as soon as it was released. I struggled and struggled as much as I could and eventually just quit. Upon recently, I've been getting interested in the game again and I can't devote a lot of time just yet. So I'd mainly like to add you on Skype I guess but I probably wont be able to play for awhile. I'd just like to throw myself into the "very interested' category. Keep me in reserves for coaching and what not. As a Protoss player, I 4gated Stalkers a lot, I remember that. Protoss is easily my favorite faction, so I'd like to get into this again. Thanks!
Reply Quote
That is great erpman!

You have my utmost respect. Seriously. What you are doing is fantastic!

Props/kudos to you.
Reply Quote
Just so everyone knows, a couple things here,

I've had a LOT LOT LOT more responses both on this thread, and on skype, than I ever imagined I would.

I really do try to respond to everyone and give you some time, but between the 20+ people messaging me, and me trying to still have my time to play other games, and sit around watching TV with a bag o' potato chips on my lap... it is tough, lol.

I know there have been a few people that I have forgotten about, and first I'd just want to say I'm sorry for that, if you are one of those people.

Just please be patient with me if you message me, and feel free to send multiple messages, because there is a good chance I simply had 5 other things going on when you tried, and simply forgot.

Hey mate,

ive been trying to do your style erpgate and im running into some problems, would you be able to look over a replay of me doing it and give some advice? i just added you on skype.

http://drop.sc/297524

ty

I will attempt to remember when I get home from work tonight. Feel free to message me on Skype to remind me though, I get home at approx. 6pm Pacific standard.

01/22/2013 04:12 AMPosted by Exodus
Hey Erpman, I started Starcraft 2 as soon as it was released. I struggled and struggled as much as I could and eventually just quit. Upon recently, I've been getting interested in the game again and I can't devote a lot of time just yet. So I'd mainly like to add you on Skype I guess but I probably wont be able to play for awhile. I'd just like to throw myself into the "very interested' category. Keep me in reserves for coaching and what not. As a Protoss player, I 4gated Stalkers a lot, I remember that. Protoss is easily my favorite faction, so I'd like to get into this again. Thanks!

Sure thing, just add me and let me know.
Edited by Erpman on 1/22/2013 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey all. Past month or 2 has been a really busy hectic one. I had some family issues that I needed to take care of.

This meant me not being around on the forums or on Skype.

But I am back now!!!

Anyone that is still looking for some coaching, let me know!

My HoTS specific knowledge is kinda sketchy at the moment, but the mechanics are the same. Which is where the vast majority of my coaching focuses on. So let me know if you could use some help!!!
Reply Quote
I just added you in my friend list;). I have that same goal to reach master. I'd be more than please to receive coaching from you
;)
Reply Quote
If you're willing, I could probably use some help. I'm pretty sick of being forever Plat, and while I can always spot mistakes in my play, it's quite possible I'm not prioritizing well in what to address. So if you're offering... :)
Reply Quote
I just added you in my friend list;). I have that same goal to reach master. I'd be more than please to receive coaching from you
;)

Perfect! I will accept ur request tonight once I'm off work (approx. 6pm PST)

If you're willing, I could probably use some help. I'm pretty sick of being forever Plat, and while I can always spot mistakes in my play, it's quite possible I'm not prioritizing well in what to address. So if you're offering... :)

Plat was by far the most difficult league for me to get out of as well. The jump from Plat/Diamond just felt sooo big, much more than the jump from DIA/Masters. So don't feel bad for that one at all.

Also it sounds like you watch your own replays, which is also a VERY good start. I'm sure we can get you into DIA in no time :-)

****Also, not sure if I mentioned this in my OP, but something to keep in mind. My personal playstyle focuses heavily on Macro. I prefer to outplay my opponent in a longer fight, rather than having it decided on a single All-In.

This means my coaching also heavily focuses on Macro, and less on build orders/all-ins. I firmly believe if you can Macro better than your opponent, and defend early pushes, you absolutely will win the vast majority of your games. Scouting + Macro = Win in my book.

This also means that the first few coaching sessions usually do not result in immediate results, but in the long run, I feel it will help you more than learning any build order ever could.
Edited by Erpman on 3/19/2013 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Awesome, thanks! I shoud be able to make it on-line. If I can't play, I'll let you know.

This means my coaching also heavily focuses on Macro, and less on build orders/all-ins. I firmly believe if you can Macro better than your opponent, and defend early pushes, you absolutely will win the vast majority of your games. Scouting + Macro = Win in my book.

I've tried both ways, so if you're willing to help, I have no problem with focusing on a macro game.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 02:06 PMPosted by BlackAdder

Awesome, thanks! I shoud be able to make it on-line. If I can't play, I'll let you know.

I've tried both ways, so if you're willing to help, I have no problem with focusing on a macro game.

Same for me :)
and Btw BlackAdder, i always see you in here too so we could practice together and try to get better to gether if you want alwas fun to have a partner in our grinding mission ;)
i added you too !
Edited by Azaroth on 3/19/2013 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same for me :)
and Btw BlackAdder, i always see you in here too so we could practice together and try to get better to gether if you want alwas fun to have a partner in our grinding mission ;)
i added you too !

Sure, why not!
Reply Quote
Thanks for doing this with me! You definitely seem to have some talent as a coach. The game+replay session felt good, so hopefully with some more practice I'll see some more results!
Reply Quote
I'm interested too. I'll add you tonight. Thanks
Reply Quote
Thanks for doing this with me! You definitely seem to have some talent as a coach. The game+replay session felt good, so hopefully with some more practice I'll see some more results!

Glad you felt like you got some good info outa it. Now get your pomotion so I can take credit for it!!!!!!! :-D

I'm interested too. I'll add you tonight. Thanks

Sure thing! Will be around.
Reply Quote
I wasnt home last night but ill hit you tonight too ;)
Reply Quote
I wasnt home last night but ill hit you tonight too ;)

no problemo, looking forward to it :D
Reply Quote
Wow what you do here is really awesome. You're wonderful! When I get better I'll definitely seek your guidance haha!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]